Why did the Hawks let Hauschka go again?

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
It all started with the asinine release of Gresham, the steady hand at long snapper for Frese last season. Frese botched several snaps and Hausch probably was affected. Clearly he has gone back to his reliable ways in a tougher place to kick in Buffalo.

Still can't understand that Frese move to this day. Why try to fix something that wasn't broken? They played for years together at a high level. Eapecially when something like kicking relies so much on rhythm and mental focus.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":3avgcuuv said:
Hawks once again overreacted and didn't think he was that important after he missed that field goal in ARZ. Getting rid of Unger, Tate, and Haushka haunts this team.

I still don't think the Graham trade was that bad, I think Bevell just refused to use him. Imagine if he got his same targets this season, but the last two seasons. He couldn't drop a single thing thrown at him, yet our Hawks used him to block over and over again.

Haushka was a rushed move IMO.

Letting Tate go was okay, if there was indeed some drama in the locker room. I know Tate denies anything ever happened, but RW didn't confirm or deny it (which is almost worse. He had the perfect opportunity to put the whole thing to bed, and instead said I want to remain private)

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3qfpgcvr said:
I still don't think the Graham trade was that bad, I think Bevell just refused to use him. Imagine if he got his same targets this season, but the last two seasons. He couldn't drop a single thing thrown at him, yet our Hawks used him to block over and over again.

More and more, it seems like the Graham trade was a gross overreaction to the final play of XLIX - wanting to improve the red zone offense by acquiring Jimmy. Without that play call, the trade probably never happens and Nowak isn't thrust into the starting center spot (an ASININE move)

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
adeltaY":2jgdd3ry said:
I cared. Wish we re-signed him. Someone on reddit broke down all his missed kicks last season and a huge portion of them involved bad snaps/holds. He's doing great up in Buffalo.
I did as well. I hated that they let him go. I've been following the this team since the late 90's, and he's the best kicker I've ever seen on this team. Mare is second. And I saw that Reddit article also. Very eye opening. As minute as long snappers seem, releasing Clint proved to be a grave mistake. Those three were a well oiled machine, and breaking up that chemistry to save a few hundred thousand was dumb.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, he's making a lot more than what the Hawks could have paid him. And it's not like he had a good year last season. He was pretty average.

Seymour

Reaction score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1u5rkl4g said:
Sgt. Largent":1u5rkl4g said:
Thepeelsessions":1u5rkl4g said:
adeltaY":1u5rkl4g said:
Those three were a well oiled machine, and breaking up that chemistry to save a few hundred thousand was dumb.

We saved 2.4M, not a few hundred thousand.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... air-walsh/

Did we? They spent that plus some to let Eddie each cheeseburgers on his couch.

I was merely correcting the OP's fuzzy mathematical based opinion.

I don't think there's a soul in Seattle that think who we spent the savings on was a good move. One of MANY cap mis-steps this year.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score