Why a blowout would be bad

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
^ I like this guy, mods can we keep him? 8) ^
I'm willing to trade a whiners troll to be named later for him. ;)

Seeker

Reaction score
What better way to reintroduce ourselves back into the playoff picture than by OBLITERATING an opponent. I'm not saying we will blow out the saints (they are legit) but if we get a chance to that is the statement we want to make. imagine a sea 58 no 0 game leading into the NFC championship game. we might get a forfeit.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I don't buy into that over-confidence mentality BS. Plus Football Outsiders have shown that teams that blow out other teams tend to continue performing well.

Starrman44

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3jxszn07 said:
Remember 2012: 42-13 vs. SF happened right after consecutive blowouts over AZ and BUF.

Didn't read all the way through. Got to this and this is basically what I was going to post.

Honestly, this team is an Avalanche. I think one good blowout could create two more and result in the Lombardi being brought home in historically epic fashion.

Man, I can't wait for the game!!

Go Hawks!!!!

Uffda

Reaction score
Thinking that a blowout wouldn't be a bad thing, could get into the next teams head about winning in Seattle.
Also certain that the Hawks aren't going to be relaxed about any of the teams that could be playing here the next week,.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It is time to start a three game blowout streak.

Last season we did it with AZ, BUF, and SF one after another.

This season we're going to do it with NO, SF, and DEN.

mistaowen

Reaction score
What does that even mean? Why is blowing out a team in the playoffs bad? I honestly don't understand some people around here.

If we blow a team out that means everything we wanted to do worked.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
tom sawyer":21bk89vb said:
We win, and have the NFC division game next week, can't be riding "too" high into that game. FEELING GOOD, not OVER CONFIDENT.

This is ONLY the "first" playoff game, good to be aware, cautiously confident. But that's all. GET THE JOB DONE.

Not a good plan to spank the Saints tomorrow. Just win and that's all!

NFZqt

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Fine, I guess you made my mind up fer me.

Let's waste 'em!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3rq77pbg said:
tom sawyer":3rq77pbg said:
We win, and have the NFC division game next week, can't be riding "too" high into that game. FEELING GOOD, not OVER CONFIDENT.

This is ONLY the "first" playoff game, good to be aware, cautiously confident. But that's all. GET THE JOB DONE.

Not a good plan to spank the Saints tomorrow. Just win and that's all!

NFZqt

I am throwdown and I approve this message.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
The three greatest Super Bowl Champs in my lifetime that I watched were the '85 Bears, the '89 49ers, and the '92 Cowboys (and I hate all these teams, so you know I'm being objective).

The '85 Bears pitched a 21-0 shutout of of the Vagiants in the Div. round, then whipped the Rams 24-0 in the Conf. championship en route to the Super Bowl shuffle over the hapless Pats 46-10.

The San Fran 49ers whomped the Vikes 41-13 in the Div., then the poor widdle Rams 30-3 in the Conf., and finally the Broncos 55-10.

The Cowboys pimp-slapped my poor Eagles 34-10 in the Div. (actually, it wasn't that close; Philly scored a garbage TD against second stringers in the last second). They did have a better game against San Fran, beating them 30-10, but San Fran had a one-game-better record and hosted this game, and at the time, before parity and salary cap really kicked in, winning the Conf. Championship on the road was quite the feat. The Cowballs went on to win the Super Bowl 52-17.

When teams are great, whompings in the Div. round set a precedent. If Seattle dares to be great, they need to set this precedent and carry it all the way to the Super Bowl. Would love to see them raise the Lombardi over the Broncos, kind of the ultimate epilogue to the SEA-DEN rivalry from the AFC days, personified by the Largent-on-Harden revenge hit.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Damn, just writing that made me go back and watch that hit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw[/youtube]

zhawk

Reaction score
doesn't matter how we win. nfl network will just be showing jets, giants and philly replays come Monday.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
People rather have a close game, while getting injuries while having a blowout.

SMH

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Forget all that, I'm hoping for a blowout. I can't see any negatives with a blowout, if anything it will put some doubts in the heads of the team we play next in the NFCCG.

Go Hawks!! #blowout!!

keith da hawk

Reaction score
SaintsGuy":3ckfu172 said:
Yeah to say you'd rather a close game tomorrow over a blowout is really overthinking it. In 2009 during our Super Bowl run, we came out of the bye and won 45-14 in the divisional round. Clicking on all cylinders is a great sign that your team has no rust from the bye and is ready to face playoff competition.

Of course, I hope its not a blowout, but if it is, y'all need to relax and enjoy the success, trust me.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Media created problem or for mentally weak teams, blow them away.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I reject the entire premise of this thread this week is not next week or the Superbowl it's this week and doesn't affect the future just because it might be a blowout.