Who was at the 2 worst officiated games in seahawks history?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
45Hawker":ttm41kux said:
sutz":ttm41kux said:
Sez the guy with 117 posts.

C'mon. So post count at .NET is the gauge of one's fandom?

Back to OP: I wasn't at that Jets game in 97, but I went mental watching it. That call was so bad it did get us two things: 1) Instant replay 2) Erickson was fired and we got Holmgren (if we had one that game we would have went to the playoffs, and I think that would have saved Erickson his job).

Didn't you know that cheering for a team on Sundays requires you to post on this message board during the week!?

hawk45

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3exkd2dc said:
The newcomers? Okay. I don't necessarily hate them, per se. But I don't necessarily trust their motivations, either.

This is being a little dramatic. Nobody is being granted a security clearance here, I don't think we need a dossier on somebody just so they can root for a sports team or post on a message board. Let's say there are some new fans to the team because of recent success. So what?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If we're questions the motives of other fans, it's time time to take a step back and assess our own motives.

The NFL is for fun and entertainment. That is all.

Brahn

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3oq874nc said:
If we're questions the motives of other fans, it's time time to take a step back and assess our own motives.

I think the poster in question just needs something to validate them a little more then other fans. It is just another way to try and place fans in a "caste system", so someone can feel more "entitled" then another.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3p9n21sr said:
Barthawk":3p9n21sr said:
no... but outside of the superbowl.. the most devastating loss for me in person was the 2004 home game versus the Rams when we were up 17 with 5:42 to go.

That Rams game was just painful. The 2003 loss to the Ravens too.
Yes! Tough game to watch.
I guess fortunately I lived in San Diego at the time of the Testeverde rip off so didn't see it. My Dad (Spokane) called me though and was absolutely beside himself and described it all to me which got me just as worked up. By the time of *XL we weren't even surprised by how that went down. Be prepared for it all over again this year when our team gets to the Super Bowl folks unless the league has no investment in Seattle's opponent. In other words if it's Manning, we will need to overcome the Donkeys and the refs. If it's Cincy we will get a fair game.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Brahn":3ewccr7i said:
Hawkstorian":3ewccr7i said:

I think the poster in question just needs something to validate them a little more then other fans. It is just another way to try and place fans in a "caste system", so someone can feel more "entitled" then another.

Nope. Seems that you both are doing the same with me-Iam just being honest about it.

Nope. Not at all. I'm just being honest. I work with kids who are gang bangers in Minnesota. Suddenly they want to wear Seahawks gear and call themselves Seahawks fans. Since when? I don't hold that in very high regard. Sorry. History matters.

Just like people on this board have always railed against the fanbases of other front runner teams. Now that we are the front runners its all good? Okay.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3kthnain said:

If you are questioning my approach to this, it's time to take a step down from your pious perch and remove the beam from your own eye, John.

Brahn

Reaction score
bestfightstory":38qs7oau said:
Brahn":38qs7oau said:
Hawkstorian":38qs7oau said:

Nope. Seems that you both are doing the same with me-Iam just being honest about it.

Nope. Not at all. I'm just being honest. I work with kids who are gang bangers in Minnesota. Suddenly they want to wear Seahawks gear and call themselves Seahawks fans. Since when? I don't hold that in very high regard. Sorry. History matters.

Just like people on this board have always railed against the fanbases of other front runner teams. Now that we are the front runners its all good? Okay.

You do not hold gang bangers in high regards because now they wear Hawks gear? Did you hold them in high regard when they were rocking Dallas gear?

Good to know the Gang Bangers in Minn set the standard

bestfightstory

Reaction score
^Now you aren't even trying to have a conversation.

(Although you seem to have placed gang-bangers in your personal caste system)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":1dfq9nzp said:
Anyone on this site at the vinny testaverde (helmet for a touchdown) game and the Super Bowl.

Bonus game-- not a bad of officiated game, just one of the most depressing home openers--the 1997 home home opener when The Jets beat us 41-3

And people wonder why I hate bandwagon fans

You were at the Meadowlands in 1998?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Reaneypark":6mr32ju5 said:
FDNYHAWK":6mr32ju5 said:
Anyone on this site at the vinny testaverde (helmet for a touchdown) game and the Super Bowl.

Bonus game-- not a bad of officiated game, just one of the most depressing home openers--the 1997 home home opener when The Jets beat us 41-3

And people wonder why I hate bandwagon fans

You were at the Meadowlands in 1998?

Screen name suggests he is from NYC.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
bestfightstory":i9b8o0oh said:
If you are questioning my approach to this, it's time to take a step down from your pious perch and remove the beam from your own eye, John.

Not sure what the hell you mean by that. You're the one laying some form of morality on what is essentially entertainment. If that works for you then enjoy yourself.

There are all kinds of fans out there. There are fans who spend countless hours and dollars traveling to games and dressing up and having a blast doing it. There are folks like me who are pretty intensely involved but don't put in that amount of time or money. There are various levels of folks all the way down to a kid who bought a jersey because it's the flavor of the week.

They are all fans, and I have no clue what their motives are. Mine is to have fun.

Johnny

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":km33hstm said:
XL was the first, second, and third worst officiated Hawks game of all time. Cuz it was the Super Bowl.

Have to agree here... When the NFL Network did its 'Top 10 Worst Calls of all time'... They couldn't pick just one call out of that game and just said 'Super Bowl XL' had its own spot on the list.... I have to admit it made me laugh a bit when I saw that... but, it still doesn't takeaway the sting.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Johnny":2jxt591c said:
SacHawk2.0":2jxt591c said:
XL was the first, second, and third worst officiated Hawks game of all time. Cuz it was the Super Bowl.

Have to agree here... When the NFL Network did its 'Top 10 Worst Calls of all time'... They couldn't pick just one call out of that game and just said 'Super Bowl XL' had its own spot on the list.... I have to admit it made me laugh a bit when I saw that... but, it still doesn't takeaway the sting.

They joke was on us.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1brv3mu0 said:
The game at Baltimore in '03 when the refs blew a bogus whistle and then refused to wind the clock afterwards, letting Baltimore get the ball back and win. That had nothing to do with judgement or angle of view or anything else -- just sheer malice and/or stupidity.

Of course, the Seahawks couldn't stop Anthony Freaking Wright that day, so they do get some of the blame!
That was the day I found .net. I needed some kind of help to understand what I had just seen. There were four terrible, terrible calls on that drive, any one of which would have ended the game properly. Funny, I had forgotten Anthony Wright, but Marcus Robinson is burned into my brain forever!

hawker84

Reaction score
man there are some seriously stupid threads on the .Net this year. this ranking right up there with the worst of them...is it the off season already, this is all we have to post about?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. We all have our reasons for liking the things we like. The only thing that pi$$es me off about bandwagoners is when they pretend to be old-timers when they're not, or when they talk smack from a solid base of ignorance. But that pi$$es me off just as much no matter who it comes from.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2emwks6c said:
bestfightstory":2emwks6c said:

Not sure what the hell you mean by that. You're the one laying some form of morality on what is essentially entertainment. If that works for you then enjoy yourself.

There are all kinds of fans out there. There are fans who spend countless hours and dollars traveling to games and dressing up and having a blast doing it. There are folks like me who are pretty intensely involved but don't put in that amount of time or money. There are various levels of folks all the way down to a kid who bought a jersey because it's the flavor of the week.

They are all fans, and I have no clue what their motives are. Mine is to have fun.

My morality is bigger than your morality. Will you pray for me?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Will I":1tci4q5e said:
I'm tired of all this "bandwagon" fan stigma. If you have to proclaim yourself a "true" Seahawk Fan, maybe you're not. Fact is, without bandwagon fans, our team wouldn't be as popular. People complain about getting no respect from the national media, and when we finally do, they complain about the "bandwagon" fans. You can't have it both ways. With the respect of the media, comes the popularity of being a Seahawks fan. I'll itake a million "bandwagon" fans if it means our team is relevant.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Well said, for myself I can't help it that started watching football with interest in 1981 and became a Seahawk fan only in 1985-86 or so literally because they remind me of home.

For myself all Seahawk losses depress me. I don't have the objectivity to think any Seahawk game is officiated well.:)

chris98251

Reaction score
45Hawker":qfi54tpl said:
sutz":qfi54tpl said:
Sez the guy with 117 posts.

C'mon. So post count at .NET is the gauge of one's fandom?

Back to OP: I wasn't at that Jets game in 98, but I went mental watching it. That call was so bad it did get us two things: 1) Instant replay 2) Erickson was fired and we got Holmgren (if we had won that game we would have went to the playoffs, and I think that would have saved Erickson his job).

Post count doesn't gauge a persons fan level, but those here that have been around the block, seen 2005 and the wave of so called life long fans come in and most not all not show up again after the Super Bowl have room to question viability and credibility.

Like anything else your history and contributions are your credentials. You can have few posts but in those few bring something to the table that is impressive and knowledgeable that will give a person that he knows his shit opinion by the board. Some peoples style takes longer to distinquish and may settle in over time to being just one of those .Net guys.

We have had trolls rack up 200 posts in a few days as an example before they were not given a chance to reach 500.

At your job or anyplace else really someone that walks in the door and acts like he should be one of the guys and starts telling everyone how they should do stuff typically doesn't fly very well. People respect someone that has earned their stripes so to speak, that person walking in the door may have 15 years of expereince, he does'nt have to tell everyone, everyone will know based on what he does and his contributions and thus earn that respect.