Who was at the 2 worst officiated games in seahawks history?

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Anyone on this site at the vinny testaverde (helmet for a touchdown) game and the Super Bowl.

Bonus game-- not a bad of officiated game, just one of the most depressing home openers--the 1997 home home opener when The Jets beat us 41-3

And people wonder why I hate bandwagon fans

Will I

Reaction score
I'm tired of all this "bandwagon" fan stigma. If you have to proclaim yourself a "true" Seahawk Fan, maybe you're not. Fact is, without bandwagon fans, our team wouldn't be as popular. People complain about getting no respect from the national media, and when we finally do, they complain about the "bandwagon" fans. You can't have it both ways. With the respect of the media, comes the popularity of being a Seahawks fan. I'll take a million "bandwagon" fans if it means our team is relevant.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

themunn

Reaction score
Sorry, the Testeverde helmet, forgive me because this is before my time as a football fan - but was that a poorly officiated game like, for example, last year's Bears game where it seemed every single decision made was the wrong one - or was it just one really big decision that they got wrong which made an entire game poorly officiated?

sutz

Reaction score
Will I":1g7j89ka said:
I'm tired of all this "bandwagon" fan stigma. If you have to proclaim yourself a "true" Seahawk Fan, maybe you're not. Fact is, without bandwagon fans, our team wouldn't be as popular. People complain about getting no respect from the national media, and when we finally do, they complain about the "bandwagon" fans. You can't have it both ways. With the respect of the media, comes the popularity of being a Seahawks fan. I'll take a million "bandwagon" fans if it means our team is relevant.

Sez the guy with 117 posts.
Sorry, couldn't resist. BTW, welcome to dot net! You won't be disappointed. :2:

Will I

Reaction score
sutz":36j3yjzo said:
Will I":36j3yjzo said:

Sorry, couldn't resist. BTW, welcome to dot net! You won't be disappointed. :2:

Actually been here for years, just prefer to read more than I post.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't understand the point the OP is trying for. Is it something like: If you weren't present at the Jets game or XL, then you don't remember what really bad officiating is, and that's why you complain about current officiating, and thus complaining about current officiating marks you as bandwagon?

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
=Bonus game-- not a bad of officiated game, just one of the most depressing home openers--the 1997 home home opener when The Jets beat us 41-3

That was the year I believe that one of our free agents was Dan Saleaumua from the Chiefs and he said something along the lines in preseason that "We were not going to lose a game at home that year," he was crying on the sidelines during the end of the game. It has always been easy to a Seahawk fan, but also hard to watch at times.

RiverDog

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":2esw4p7l said:
Anyone on this site at the vinny testaverde (helmet for a touchdown) game and the Super Bowl.

Bonus game-- not a bad of officiated game, just one of the most depressing home openers--the 1997 home home opener when The Jets beat us 41-3
And people wonder why I hate bandwagon fans

I was at the '97 Jets game. It was Bill Parcell's first season as head coach of the Jets, and the only Hawks game in my life where I left midway through the 4th quarter. I gave up my season tickets the following season.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The game at Baltimore in '03 when the refs blew a bogus whistle and then refused to wind the clock afterwards, letting Baltimore get the ball back and win. That had nothing to do with judgement or angle of view or anything else -- just sheer malice and/or stupidity.

Of course, the Seahawks couldn't stop Anthony Freaking Wright that day, so they do get some of the blame!

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
hawk45":28366vpn said:
I don't understand the point the OP is trying for. Is it something like: If you weren't present at the Jets game or XL, then you don't remember what really bad officiating is, and that's why you complain about current officiating, and thus complaining about current officiating marks you as bandwagon?

I Was just wondering if anyone was at both of those games.

Now going into the discussion about bandwagon fans,
I like the fact that Seattle has a loud stadium and good fans but I don't want it both ways. I'd rather just have loyal fans instead of bandwagon fans who won't give a shit about this team in a couple of yrs if they have a couple of terrible yrs.
Most people won't like this and probably won't agree but the seahwks have good and loud fans because the organization does a great job pumping them up. They've been doing it for yrs. they made the 12th man. but do you really think they have the best fan base in the NFL? I hate just about every team in the nfl but is our fanbase better then the packers, steelers, giants. Who judges this? And yes the seahawks fans did have the loudest stadium but it was a staged event. Everyone knew they were trying to break the record.
I would say this message board is made up of less then 1 percent of the seahawks fan base so no true answers come from this site, just opinions.
I like the fact that people suffered through the bad yrs and are rewarded for yrs like this, and it's great that we do have a bunch of new fans, but I don't want to hear from someone who doesn't like what their team has been doing the last couple of yrs and decided to jump ship. Don't be a front runner.
I don't claim to be the biggest seahawks fan and I don't claim we have the best fans. I know everyone couldn't afford it or weren't old enough or for some other reason couldn't go to the Super Bowl 7 yrs ago. But I still judge our overall fan base to that game and our pathetetic fan showing.

Sac

Reaction score
XL was the first, second, and third worst officiated Hawks game of all time. Cuz it was the Super Bowl.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":ufz3eyoe said:
I don't claim to be the biggest seahawks fan and I don't claim we have the best fans. I know everyone couldn't afford it or weren't old enough or for some other reason couldn't go to the Super Bowl 7 yrs ago. But I still judge our overall fan base to that game and our pathetetic fan showing.

Don't judge fans. Just live your life, treat people with kindness, and root for whoever you want to root for. Everything else is just wasted energy. If all of a sudden there's 20 million Seahawk fans who weren't there a year ago, who cares.

stack600

Reaction score
I only have 50+ post this time around :2: But I was here from 2004 and had a lot of posts 1st go round, a lot of the early board members are still here. I just had to go back to the Logging Camps of Alaska for a few years. No phone, no internet etc.(sounds like Guilligans Island huh) My point is not about how many post one has and before I get 2 far off topic. To me the 1st time I really thought about a bandwagon fan, was as a season ticket holder during 2 years at Husky, It was a game against the Rams(The Kurt Warner Greatest Show on Turf Rams) And although Ricky Waters was having a fairly good game Warner threw a bomb to Issac Bruce. Won the Game. The Rams were Coming off the SB win, And I had never seen so many Ram jersey's in Seattle at Once. Raiders yea always filled out the dome. So to me a Bandwagon fan has always been one that whoever wins the show,The next season you go out and by that Jersey ect.

I know Way off topic :177692: I have to agree with the Vinnie Helmet game and the SB and the TD by Ben's Glove + a lot more calls. If I thought about it, there are a few more game's like those. But since I took to long to get to the point I'll stick with those 2

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkstorian, ha, thanks for reminding me about another disaster I was fortunate enough to be at.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Will I":omnplw3f said:
I'm tired of all this "bandwagon" fan stigma. People complain about getting no respect from the national media, and when we finally do, they complain about the "bandwagon" fans. You can't have it both ways.

What about those of us who don't fit YOUR profile? I don't care much for bandwagon OR the national media.

The whole 'no respect' thing has always been stupid, IMO. Whiny. Embarrassing.

Yeah. National respect/attention leads to bandwagon jumpers-everybody loves a winner.

I will always have an inherent respect for my brothers (many from this very site) who I met back in the leanest of years.

The newcomers? Okay. I don't necessarily hate them, per se. But I don't necessarily trust their motivations, either.

Brahn

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2w9d59h7 said:
Will I":2w9d59h7 said:
I'm tired of all this "bandwagon" fan stigma. People complain about getting no respect from the national media, and when we finally do, they complain about the "bandwagon" fans. You can't have it both ways.

What about those of us who don't fit YOUR profile? I don't care much for bandwagon OR the national media.

Yeah. National respect/attention leads to bandwagon jumpers-everybody loves a winner.

I will always have an inherent respect for my brothers (many from this very site) who I met back in the leanest of years.

The newcomers? Okay. I don't necessarily hate them, per se. But I don't necessarily trust their motivations, either.

Trust their motives? Are they trying to slip you a roofie and then sex you?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Barthawk":2ug0riiy said:
no... but outside of the superbowl.. the most devastating loss for me in person was the 2004 home game versus the Rams when we were up 17 with 5:42 to go.

That Rams game was just painful. The 2003 loss to the Ravens too.

45Hawker

Reaction score
sutz":3kmy8bxa said:

C'mon. So post count at .NET is the gauge of one's fandom?

Back to OP: I wasn't at that Jets game in 98, but I went mental watching it. That call was so bad it did get us two things: 1) Instant replay 2) Erickson was fired and we got Holmgren (if we had won that game we would have went to the playoffs, and I think that would have saved Erickson his job).

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Brahn":1e414l6m said:
bestfightstory":1e414l6m said:
Will I":1e414l6m said:

Trust their motives? Are they trying to slip you a roofie and then sex you?

Dont be dense. Support a team vs ride a winner.

Latest posts