Who is your surprise player that will be cut?

Spohawks

Reaction score
On Tuesday Augest 30th, 2022 the Seahawks will have to be down to 53 players...who do you think gets the axe that will shock most people?

I think with moving to the 3-4, the DL has to take a hit somewhere. Not sure who, but some big name will get his walking papers!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ugo Amadi. Because we signed and drafted a ton of corners. Justin Coleman should also be on the watch list.

Marquise Goodwin. Because Pete likes brining in veteran wideouts in camp to eventually cut.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Quietly, and under the radar, Michael Dickson has perfected the Flutie drop-kick field goal during the offseason and will be handling extra point and FGs along with punting duties.

That leaves Jason Meyers as odd man out and on the cutting block.

Just kidding; and I actually like Meyers. Predicting he will be a surprisingly reliable, contributing teammate this season.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Blair... just can't stay on the field. Doesn't really have a position anymore.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen but Poona Ford would be a surprise cut. Others that could be - Homer, Dallas, Blair, Amadi, and Swain (I don't believe these would be as much of a surprise as Ford being cut)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Gabe Jackson.
I wish, but he has a guaranteed salary of $6M for this year so we'd have to absorb a $9M dead money hit with no cap savings this year. And then another $3M dead money hit in 2023 but this time with a $6.5M cap savings.

My only reservation is related to his having offseason knee surgery this year and whether that injury was responsible for his mediocre play last year.

Frankly, I'd really would like to see Damien Lewis return to RG.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Geno Smith.

One of the few that would truly be a surprise, but I could see the logic.

If Drew takes the job in camp and you have a young player you like to serve as #2, why not save the money and give Lock a vote of confidence?

toffee

Reaction score
Geno Smith.

One of the few that would truly be a surprise, but I could see the logic.

If Drew takes the job in camp and you have a young player you like to serve as #2, why not save the money and give Lock a vote of confidence?
According to Pete's presser, Lock is still behind Geno, sounded like Lock is not picking up the playbook fast enough, or he hasn't shown enough in camp.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think there are a few candidates that would not be a complete surprise but would be names were are all familiar with

Ugo Amadi
LJ Collier
Jason Meyers
Marquis Blair
Alton Robinson
Freddie Swain

nanomoz

Reaction score
I wish, but he has a guaranteed salary of $6M for this year so we'd have to absorb a $9M dead money hit with no cap savings this year. And then another $3M dead money hit in 2023 but this time with a $6.5M cap savings.

My only reservation is related to his having offseason knee surgery this year and whether that injury was responsible for his mediocre play last year.

Frankly, I'd really would like to see Damien Lewis return to RG.
I read the details wrong. I thought the $3m dead money hit and $6.5 cap savings would be this year.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
According to Pete's presser, Lock is still behind Geno, sounded like Lock is not picking up the playbook fast enough, or he hasn't shown enough in camp.
It’s a big if, but justifiable if…

toffee

Reaction score
It’s a big if, but justifiable if…
Based on whatever we have read, Geno sounded like a Lock with weaker arms. But both lack poised under pressure, and throwing accuracies, especially under pressure or on the run.

But they could be serviceable if they could up their game to Jimmy G level. Heck, we might smell playoff "IF" our defense clicked, running game dominates, and GenoLock playing at Jimmy's level.

Geno and Lock probably are not the second coming of Russell Wilson, but could they play at Jimmy's level? We shall see.

Fade

Reaction score
I don't know how surprising these cuts will be, but they should be cut:

Chris Carson
Jason Meyers
LJ Collier
Ugo Amadi
Kyle Fuller

Latest posts