Who do you think needs to step up their game on Jan. 11?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'd say everyone as it's the playoffs now but kind of think Clemons on D and Miller on O. Really haven't heard much from Chris Clemons lately. Miller stepping up a bit more on O to contribute can only help open up the game plan a little more.

jimbojones31

Reaction score
HawkWow":27yhmamf said:
hawksfansinceday1":27yhmamf said:
HawkWow":27yhmamf said:
jimbojones31":27yhmamf said:
At the risk of causing a riot - Wilson. Absolutely love him, but the last few games haven't been stellar. In the Rams game the Tate hookup made a very ordinary day look good. He needs to get back the form of the first 10-12 games, as Saints/49ers/Packers (my bet is Packers) are not going to be easy. For what it's worth I think he'll do it, I have faith.

It's important to understand the number of serial killers, past and present, that reside in Washington state. It would be crazy to think a few don't frequent this board. In fact, I think I know who they are. Speaking negatively of Russell Wilson is just begging for enrolment in some state funded protection program.

Never sleep, Jimbo. Never sleep.
Funny stuff Wow. None the less, I agree with Jimbo's sentiment.

As do I bro. I was actually attempting to pre-empt the barrage of hate destined to come his way (and now ours!). You should see the sh*tstorm I've managed to create in another forum by going a step further and basically saying there is a trade out there that I would consider for RW. I love RW, love the franchise more.

Glad you guys have got my back! I would literally rather have Wilson than any other QB in the NFL - but I don't think it's sacrilege to suggest he's had a slump. Happens to everyone, and we need him back 100% for the playoffs. And HawkWow - I live far enough away from Washington State to be safe (hopefully)...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":2g6psyj0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2g6psyj0 said:
HawkWow":2g6psyj0 said:
jimbojones31":2g6psyj0 said:
At the risk of causing a riot - Wilson. Absolutely love him, but the last few games haven't been stellar. In the Rams game the Tate hookup made a very ordinary day look good. He needs to get back the form of the first 10-12 games, as Saints/49ers/Packers (my bet is Packers) are not going to be easy. For what it's worth I think he'll do it, I have faith.

It's important to understand the number of serial killers, past and present, that reside in Washington state. It would be crazy to think a few don't frequent this board. In fact, I think I know who they are. Speaking negatively of Russell Wilson is just begging for enrolment in some state funded protection program.

Never sleep, Jimbo. Never sleep.
Funny stuff Wow. None the less, I agree with Jimbo's sentiment.

As do I bro. I was actually attempting to pre-empt the barrage of hate destined to come his way (and now ours!). You should see the sh*tstorm I've managed to create in another forum by going a step further and basically saying there is a trade out there that I would consider for RW. I love RW, love the franchise more.
Not agreeing with you on that. No way. He will get better cuz he's Russ.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
pmedic920":3vwxeqsb said:
The ZEBRAS.
PLEASE, all I ask for is "fair".
We can beat anybody out there, as long as we don't have to beat the officials too.
GoHawks.
Totally right, but the o-line needs to actually seem like they are on the field every play.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RussJames":1o7vnykm said:
Everybody? what a cop-out...

I'd like the see Bevell bring it. His play calling has been a bit suspect lately so it'd be real nice to see him pull out all the stops in the playoffs.

The Oline has always been inconsistent. I think this extra week of rest will go a long way for someone like Okung who's been fighting
through that toe injury, and Unger who's been picking up little knocks all season. Hopefully they can do some mauling this postseason
and get The Beast going early.

I'm not sure there's any room left for the defense to step up to, is there?

Not even in the least its the most true statement anyone can make. No need to individualize it because this is a TEAM, everyone needs to step-up for the TEAM, fans need to step-up for the TEAM, coaches need to step-up and put together their best game plan and make the best adjustments for the TEAM.

But if I must, I'll give you this:

Wilson needs to step-up. Play within himself, don't force throws. Just seize every opportunity to make a positive play, and protect the Ball.

Lynch and Co. of the Running Game needs to step-up. Time for the Beast to go into Bezerker mode. Protect the Ball.

WRs needs to step-up, simply make the catches thrown to you, and Harvin needs to stand out if he plays, he's the X-Factor, if he tilts the field everyone else will reap the rewards rolling forward. Protect the Ball.

TEs whether they are blocking or receiving need to step-up and be perfect in their opportunities in helping this team. They might not get much credit but they are vital to the system. Protect the Ball.

O-Line needs to step-up...obviously.... continuing playing with an edge they had vs the Rams, protect Wilson with 300% effort, and control the Line of Scrimmage with an intimidating presence.

D-Line needs to continue to step-up and be relentless and unforgiving but play disciplined and continue working for team stats rather than individual stats where we saw them lose focus mid-season. Seize opportunity.

LBers need to continue to step-up... contain their gaps... control their coverages
.. be quick to the ball and tackle with authority. Seize opportunity.

LoB just needs to continue with what they are doing and not playing overly aggressive in a way that will hurt the team. Penalties or blown coverages. Continuing to seize opportunity.

STs need to step-up, no set backs, no gaffes, just points and field position without giving it to the other team. Protect the Ball. Seize opportunity.

And the whole teams needs to step-up and limit their penalties.

So again more or less, EVERYONE, I just had to explain why.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2kbjfht0 said:
Not agreeing with you on that. No way. He will get better cuz he's Russ.

It was said "I wouldn't trade Wilson for 5 high 1st rd picks". The debate ensued.