Who do you think needs to step up their game on Jan. 11?

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Puck and Furness on this one and choose Chris Clemons. He has only had 1 sack in the past 9 games. I feel like the pressure is there, but he hasn't been nearly as dominant as we're used to seeing the last three years.

On offense, I think it's Robert Turbin. It seems to me he has regressed over the season, especially in December. I want to see coaches give him more wheel routes/flats/slip screens where I think he tends to be more dangerous. He needs to take some pressure off Marshawn's running game because I think teams have done a good job gameplanning against it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Percy Harvin

Chris Clemons is done, not really fair to expect more from him.

RussJames

Reaction score
Everybody? what a cop-out...

I'd like the see Bevell bring it. His play calling has been a bit suspect lately so it'd be real nice to see him pull out all the stops in the playoffs.

The Oline has always been inconsistent. I think this extra week of rest will go a long way for someone like Okung who's been fighting
through that toe injury, and Unger who's been picking up little knocks all season. Hopefully they can do some mauling this postseason
and get The Beast going early.

I'm not sure there's any room left for the defense to step up to, is there?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1uyqw2wk said:
I'm going to have to agree with Puck and Furness on this one and choose Chris Clemons. He has only had 1 sack in the past 9 games. I feel like the pressure is there, but he hasn't been nearly as dominant as we're used to seeing the last three years.

On offense, I think it's Robert Turbin. It seems to me he has regressed over the season, especially in December. I want to see coaches give him more wheel routes/flats/slip screens where I think he tends to be more dangerous. He needs to take some pressure off Marshawn's running game because I think teams have done a good job gameplanning against it.

^ This. Without question and on both counts. Love Clem and always have. I think he's one of the leaders of this team and past actions make me appreciate him as more than a player BUT...someone on the current line is going to have to go at season's end. I want Clem to excel for 2 reasons : 1) we need him 2) I want him to maximize his trade value.

Turbin. I've stuck up for Turbin long enough. He has indeed regressed. Even when considering the O line woes, he just looks like a weak link (as of late). It is possible I'm using his 2 KR fumbles against him...and I'm trying my best to reduce that impact, considering he was out of position, though there is no excuse for him dropping those balls. Go down at the 1, whatever, just hold onto the ball. 2 years without a TD and I don't hold that much against him, considering his sporadic role and lack of opportunity to a establish rhythm, but Damn...bust a tackle and take it to the house. I'm not sure I see that fire in Turbo. If I were he, I'd be concerned. So come on bro...make something happen with your touches starting 1-11.

jimbojones31

Reaction score
At the risk of causing a riot - Wilson. Absolutely love him, but the last few games haven't been stellar. In the Rams game the Tate hookup made a very ordinary day look good. He needs to get back the form of the first 10-12 games, as Saints/49ers/Packers (my bet is Packers) are not going to be easy. For what it's worth I think he'll do it, I have faith.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":2pm60p0m said:

I like this answer. I'm really hoping they bring the primetime fervor to these daytime playoff games. Seattle is an unstoppable force in that setting.

djb28

Reaction score
Bevel!
We have the players to get it done. He needs to put them in position to do so!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Russell Wilson needs to go back to his November habits and stay calm in the pocket.

Breno needs to go back to his November habits and give him one.

Some more plays from Irvin and Avril would be nice.

Bevell needs to stick to the winning formulas he found in November.

And yeah, get Harvin out there.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jimbojones31":14vbw0eb said:
At the risk of causing a riot - Wilson. Absolutely love him, but the last few games haven't been stellar. In the Rams game the Tate hookup made a very ordinary day look good. He needs to get back the form of the first 10-12 games, as Saints/49ers/Packers (my bet is Packers) are not going to be easy. For what it's worth I think he'll do it, I have faith.

It's important to understand the number of serial killers, past and present, that reside in Washington state. It would be crazy to think a few don't frequent this board. In fact, I think I know who they are. Speaking negatively of Russell Wilson is just begging for enrolment in some state funded protection program.

Never sleep, Jimbo. Never sleep.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":25qvvh79 said:
jimbojones31":25qvvh79 said:

It's important to understand the number of serial killers, past and present, that reside in Washington state. It would be crazy to think a few don't frequent this board. In fact, I think I know who they are. Speaking negatively of Russell Wilson is just begging for enrolment in some state funded protection program.

Funny stuff Wow. None the less, I agree with Jimbo's sentiment.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Okung needs to step up and play as well against great ends as well as he dies the bad ones, without getting penalties. I don't expect Walter Jones but he hasn't been playing great.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2e0rgs4k said:
HawkWow":2e0rgs4k said:
jimbojones31":2e0rgs4k said:

Funny stuff Wow. None the less, I agree with Jimbo's sentiment.

As do I bro. I was actually attempting to pre-empt the barrage of hate destined to come his way (and now ours!). You should see the sh*tstorm I've managed to create in another forum by going a step further and basically saying there is a trade out there that I would consider for RW. I love RW, love the franchise more.

Latest posts