Which game plan beats the Broncos?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hoping I'm wrong but having seen none of TC to go on and only a few preseason games that range from mediocre to appalling, and my own feelings aside about how I'd love for us to win this game, I just have a hard time seeing it. Broncos by at least 13.

I don't feel like we saw much of what our actual defense will look like in the preseason, but that is also a little alarming because without time to work together in a somewhat new scheme with a new coordinator I see a lot of missed assignments and finger-pointing in their future. Penalties and big plays given up. That doesn't mean they can't be good or get it together. I just think it's going to be a rough few games.

Unfortunately they start out against Russ in prime time in a stadium he's most familiar with on a team that's going to let him throw it deep on the aforementioned defense. Offensively I think we know what we will see. We saw it for a few games last year.

Seems to be a lot of Russ negativity which is understandable, but just a reminder that Russell Wilson's career stats are not too shabby, and his "down year" last year is going to look MVP caliber compared to whatever stat line our starting QBs manage this year.

Attachments

• rw.jpg
    rw.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 2

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Time machine. Better choices. We win this game. No time machine. No win. 42-10 Broncos.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Rush four and drop back seven into passing lanes. For Wilson it’s a lot of sideline throws and deep shots. Play cover 2, 3 and 4 don’t let get loose on deep balls. Wilson doesn’t make underneath and over the middle throws.

Pound the rock to avoid the Denver pass rush. Have Geno or Lock run the ball as well as much if not more than they throw.

The best game plans to counter the other teams strengths will win the game.

Wilson, never, I repeat, never changes the way he likes to play. And he isn’t going to start now.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
RW has heard his critics and will use this game as a chance to tell them to shup up. THIS game he will take the checkdowns and throw to the middle of the field and utilize his tight ends and even run the ball early in the game. He won’t save his play until the fourth quarter. It will be a “screw Pete” performance.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Unfortunately you really can't do both cover 2 AND stacking the box. Cover 2 means you keep Jamal deep with Quandre. Stacking the box means you bring him close to the line of scrimmage to be tough against the run and to blitz.

I think we have to gamble and do that. Jamal is not a great coverage safety. And Denver can probably run on us if we keep both safeties back. So let's make Denver prove they can block a blitzing Jamal. Russ might hit a big one to Jeudy...but maybe he gets smacked hard a few times and makes some mistakes.
What I’m saying is keep the two high shell and have the LBs coming downhill toward the line of scrimmage. I get your point but I say leave the middle of the field as your weakness and take your chances.