Which game plan beats the Broncos?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Honestly I am not super familiar with their team. All I know for sure is their WR corps is decent and Wilson can ball.

We did get their QB and he has an understanding of what they do on offence so that can't hurt.

I think they can air the ball on us. I like our DBs, but with potential injuries and inexperience, the pass could be an issue.

But we don't suck at the WR either. With Goodwin, the DBs can't cover everyone. With their DBs spread thin, I think Fant has a huge game with LBs covering him.

I think its all about whos D-line shows up. Watching some lock plays from last year, that oline got pushed back a ton, I can see our DEs breaking through and making the difference in this game!
Hawks 28 Broncos 23

BASF

Reaction score
We did get their QB and he has an understanding of what they do on offence so that can't hurt.
Lock won't have any insights into their offense since they have a new coaching staff. Our coaches will however, since they will be playing Russball. It is an interesting thing in this forum where people believe Wilson will change his style of play after doing the same things since college but our newly named starter can't change who he was.

As far as game plan, it will be us trying to keep Wilson off the field the same way people did to us last season. We have the players to accomplish it.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
Lock won't have any insights into their offense since they have a new coaching staff. Our coaches will however, since they will be playing Russball. It is an interesting thing in this forum where people believe Wilson will change his style of play after doing the same things since college but our newly named starter can't change who he was.

As far as game plan, it will be us trying to keep Wilson off the field the same way people did to us last season. We have the players to accomplish it.
Great points, nobody knows Russ's strengths and weaknesses like Pete. I am sure there were plays Pete didn't run because Russ was soft in areas.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We all know Russ isn't running and hates handing it off.
Coach Wilson wants to cook it up with his offense it's
the same one he used as here.
Nobody knows Coach Wilson better than Pete..I'm sure
he wants nothing more than to give Coach Wilson a
beating that he deserves.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think Denver is going to meet Seattles run game... introducing the new O line and Rashaad Penny...

But i hoping that the Hawks pass Rush eats up Wilson. I Really want to see this happen i want to see Russ picking turf out his A$$..

sc85sis

Reaction score

Yeah, I expect a heavy dose of run game to try to move the chains and keep the D off the field. And on D, they'll likely play cover 2 a lot and try to keep Russ from using his legs.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The Broncos coaching staff might think they know who they have in Wilson but they have never seen him in Game action with their guys. He never took a snap in preseason and his first live action will be in front of a loud, boisterous fired up bunch of 12s.

How much will no preseason game action affect him. We all know he is a creature of habit and likes those reps to ready himself physically and mentally.

Will rust play a part? Will sheer adrenaline power him through? I see his play as going one of two ways: on fire practically unstoppable Russ or he needed some preseason reps to prepare and looks like complete dog💩 Russ.
Either way it’s gonna be fun to watch.
Whichever team loses has the early lead on an earlier pick. Oh wait. That’s the Seahawks either way.

GemCity

Reaction score
The key to any success on our end is going to be pass rush. Especially at the edge. If we can get back there and “fluster” Russ as we’ve seen Chandler Jones (as an example) do, we may have a shot on D.

Fade

Reaction score
For the Seahawks: pound the rock with Penny. The Broncos don't have great D-Line depth, wear them down and big runs will happen in the 2nd half.

For the Donkeys: Trap Seattle in there base, by going hurry up and spread the field. Keeping Seattle's defense simplified preventing any exotic looks.

The key for the Seahawks is 3 and outs. If you see a lot of Michael Dickson, that means they are not tiring out Denver's D-Line.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Tackling is going to be key imo. We must stop Javante Williams and Melvin Gordon in their tracks. We have no chance if we don't. If we do and they are forced into passing situations we must get pressure as well. Tall order for the D but our O will not be able to do all the heavy lifting. Geno must have zero trunovers and the line needs to be getting a push. we have a chance if all this happens.

toffee

Reaction score
For the Seahawks: pound the rock with Penny. The Broncos don't have great D-Line depth, wear them down and big runs will happen in the 2nd half.

For the Donkeys: Trap Seattle in there base, by going hurry up and spread the field. Keeping Seattle's defense simplified preventing any exotic looks.

The key for the Seahawks is 3 and outs. If you see a lot of Michael Dickson, that means they are not tiring out Denver's D-Line.
Words of wisdom!!!

toffee

Reaction score

Come to think of it, may wanna use Homer and Dallas to do some of the early pounding, save fresh legs of Penny for those home run plays in 4th.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I agree with the general thoughts that the Seattle run game is their best chance to limit the opportunities available to the Broncos.
On Defense I think you have to run two high and stack the box. Try to take away the deep ball and the run game. If Russ is patient enough to take the underneaths stuff all day then he probably beats us handily. I’m not convinced his personal expectations and ego will allow him to be as patient as he needs to be. Best case scenario he and the coaches can’t adjust together in week one and we are getting the worst version of the 22 broncos.