Which fantasy picks do you feel are over-rated?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Bell has been a beast, he was my keeper from last season, I was worried about him(pot bust) but him and Luck have been my MVP's on offense so far this season.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Bell was unimpressive last year kind of like Lynch in 2010, but he still finished with Alfred Morris level fantasy production due to the style of offense he's in. The Steelers run game sucked last year, but it's a new season and It was much more likely Bell wouldd be better than worse this year simply because of the run blocking had more room to go up than down. Per FO, the Steelers run blocking has gone from 22nd to 14th this year.

My mistake was that I didn't realize that Bell was more likely to improve than to decline, and even with his mediocre 2013 performance he was already a mid-teens fantasy RB last year as it is. So he was a solid #2 RB that was likely to get better. And these days, that makes him a 2nd round pick without the benefit of hindsight.

The Steelers have had an elite offense so far this year in a decent division for defense. Can't say I saw that coming. Obviously, if there was a redraft today Bell would go extremely high because he's now been placed in an elite offense.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Peterson, McCoy, and Forte were prolly 3 of the earliest RBs draft and have some pretty down numbers so far. (Peterson obviously an unforeseeable circumstance...)

WR, really haven't had that big game from Thomas yet.

Kind of surprising early season returns.

Gore is probably the biggest disappointment, I wasn't expecting elite RB 1 numbers but flex TDz and it's been pretty barren out there for him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Muscle hamster too...and Charles...injuries suck. I have AP and Martin in my big money league. My cheap league I have the dynamic duo of Bernard and Bell

HansGruber

Reaction score
Everyone in my league laughed at my draft and my team is just killing it right now. C Patterson and D Hopkins have been tearing it up every week. Zac Stacy has had okay numbers but he's reliable, and when Knowshon Moreno went down, I was somehow able to snag Justin forsett who's been good enough. Meanwhile, Russell Wilson had a beast game against Denver, scoring in the top 5 in my league. Greg Olsen has been excellent, and my 2 DEFs - AZ and Detroit - have been putting up great points every week. Kam chancellor got me 14.5 last week and Lovonte David has been absolutely beastly again, scoring 10+ every week. Carlos Hyde has been great for depth, and Desean Jackson was the steal of my draft. People actually laughed at me for drafting Patterson and Desean, now I'm having the last laugh as those who scrambled for the big name RBs in the first two rounds watch me get excellent production from Wilson and my other high picks. I've gone 3-0 and currently have the highest scoring team by far.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I drafted Patterson too and am not sure what to make of him. Take away his one big TD run in the first game and he's been underwhelming in all three games. Really hoping that changes with Bridgewater finally starting. Norv needs to find a way to get Patterson touches if Minny is to have any hope this year.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3emkudl8 said:
Muscle hamster too...and Charles...injuries suck. I have AP and Martin in my big money league. My cheap league I have the dynamic duo of Bernard and Bell

Yeah, they do...
...in one league I drafted Charles, Ben Tate, and Ryan Matthews...all out extended by week two...ouch...