What role did PH want?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Toka.. I don't agree with you often, but regarding Salk I absolutely do.

Have NEVER understood the fanfare over the guy up here. He makes me cringe.

A

Anonymous

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Percy get into an altercation with one of our DB's (I'm thinking Sherman, Earl, or Shead for some reason) this summer during training camp? And Pete played it off later on as that they were just ultra-competitive and it was nothing to worry about? For some reason I could swear this happened but I'm not entirely positive.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Largefarva":2phpgvwr said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Percy get into an altercation with one of our DB's (I'm thinking Sherman, Earl, or Shead for some reason) this summer during training camp? And Pete played it off later on as that they were just ultra-competitive and it was nothing to worry about? For some reason I could swear this happened but I'm not entirely positive.

No, I believe that was Phil Bates and I don't recall the DB.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
One can point to stats for lack of production, but really, how much production has also been called back. Redskins game anyone?

Percy has his issues, as many young people do. And yes, Percy is still pretty young. I say that to make this point; speaking of roles, what about the role of veteran leadership in the locker room? Just curious, where exactly is that? Did the veteran marshawn take on the role of mentor (in both football and life), or did he taken on the role of thug buddy?

A

Anonymous

Percy is a grown man. Why can't we expect a grown man to take responsibility for his own actions and act accordingly? I can understand a veteran taking a rookie under his wing and showing him the ropes but Percy has been in the league for a few years now, and from the sounds of it he hasn't learned a thing about teamwork, leadership, and just generally being an adult who isn't all about himself at all times. Reminds me of that receiver from Detroit last year who had a ton of talent but just couldn't get out of his own way and ended up getting cut.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Sounds like he is a bit of TO type of guy in the head. Everything has to be about him.

The weird thing is that it seemed like Seattle has went out of their way this year to tailor their offense around him and what he brings to the table even though that's not playing at all to the strength of Seattle.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Largefarva":3kn4e2tz said:
Percy is a grown man. Why can't we expect a grown man to take responsibility for his own actions and act accordingly? I can understand a veteran taking a rookie under his wing and showing him the ropes but Percy has been in the league for a few years now, and from the sounds of it he hasn't learned a thing about teamwork, leadership, and just generally being an adult who isn't all about himself at all times. Reminds me of that receiver from Detroit last year who had a ton of talent but just couldn't get out of his own way and ended up getting cut.

Sure, we can expect that. But the reality is, it doesn't always happen. Who has put Harvin in check, for him to learn and develope his character? One could argue that this trade could be that, but really, he's going to the new York jets lol. But yeah, excuse me while I just like to see character development, and hate to see a great talent like Harvin leave.

And with Harvin completely out of the picture, the question still remains. Who are the veteran leaders in the locker room, now that mike robs gone, bryants gone, rice is gone, etc? This was a question we had going into the season, and I'm just wondering what the answer is shaping up to be at this point.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Today Harvin has told the New York media that he did not refuse to go back into games, did not refuse to go back in in Dallas, Does not have anger issues and did not have altercations or problems with any Seahawk players, but was very frustrated at not being allowed to go down field. Do you believe him?

OP
OP
Abach

Abach

Reaction score
brimsalabim":15sp15bc said:
Today Harvin has told the New York media that he did not refuse to go back into games, did not refuse to go back in in Dallas, Does not have anger issues and did not have altercations or problems with any Seahawk players, but was very frustrated at not being allowed to go down field. Do you believe him?
I doubt it's true. Sounds like he's just trying to save face.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Percy Harvin is settling into his new gig with the New York Jets and said he wants to put the past behind him. Speaking to the New York media for his first time Monday the wide receiver admitted his deployment in Seattle was the cause of frustration.
"It definitely was," Harvin said, per NFL Media's Albert Breer. "... I wanted to get downfield a little bit more."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rustration

-The Glove-

Reaction score
brimsalabim":on0lw19g said:
Right...MRob and DB are just lying to throw dirt on his name

chawx

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2w0cfa6q said:

Percy - "I kindly asked Bevell if I could go downfield more on passing routes, but he told me 'No!' ... I just kind of, went into my shell at that point. I felt hurt, and sad. I talked to my good friend Russell, and he told me to suck it up and something about the team. But, I was just too hurt that Bevell wouldn't accept my humble request to be sent down the field on deep routes. And now, I'm here."

:34853_doh:

seahawksny

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1veq93bq said:

Let's see here. Let's look at the team he is currently on and what type of players they bring in

Santonio holmes....had no reputation before he got there... OK

Same with Braylon Edwards
ditto Plaxico burress
enter Michael Vick

you can believe all the talk that we want that this guy almost ended up in Denver or in Cleveland.
That's all hype

It's no coincidence that this guy is currently on the New York Jets just like the players I just mentioned who have an absolute buffoon as coach, where he welcomes players like this.

How ironic he ended up on the ny jailbirds, so the answer is a resounding. .......NO, I do not believe him

mikeak

Reaction score
chawx":rdd1gz3t said:
brimsalabim":rdd1gz3t said:

Percy - "I kindly asked Bevell if I could go downfield more on passing routes, but he told me 'No!' ... I just kind of, went into my shell at that point. I felt hurt, and sad. I talked to my good friend Russell, and he told me to suck it up and something about the team. But, I was just too hurt that Bevell wouldn't accept my humble request to be sent down the field on deep routes. And now, I'm here."

It is unacceptable to shut down because of a no reply, but he wasn't asking anything we haven't been asking here. As I said his response is unacceptable but I wonder how much truth there is to this

chris98251

Reaction score
Percy and Rex are having a Baby, it's true Percy Loves Ryan, I think he said it like three times in his interview I seen excerpts of. Ryan says Percy has a Jets mentality and will be a great fit.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mikeak":11d947dt said:
chawx":11d947dt said:
brimsalabim":11d947dt said:

It is unacceptable to shut down because of a no reply, but he wasn't asking anything we haven't been asking here. As I said his response is unacceptable but I wonder how much truth there is to this
There is a ton of truth to it.

This is in no way a judgement about anyone either. Percy's main role in Seattle's offense was to stretch defenses laterally. Even Pete said that the gameplan vs the Boys was to use those jet plays to open things for Lynch. When it works, it opens things for everyone. When it doesn't, it is a disaster, primarily because it is a play that evolves 5 yards behind the line. We are a team built on ZBS principles, which at heart are about guaranteeing your team 3 to 4 yards every run.

The big problem for Harvin is he runs limited routes. Other than the shallow crosser, which he runs well, he drifts in his deep routes for the most part. Ever notice that on the few deep targets he did have, he nearly always had to make a spectacular athletic move to catch the ball? Even notice that Baldwin rarely has to do that? Baldwin runs great routes, knows the redline, and most of all, knows how Russell sees the field. Harvin drifts, looks for the ball late, all the things that make it hard for the QB to get him the ball deep.

All that said, I would have used him on more deep stuff just because he scares the hell out of the D. A drag route behind Percy is an open route. Except, when Percy says he wants to go deep more, he doesn't mean as a decoy.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3uoo3l7s said:
mikeak":3uoo3l7s said:
chawx":3uoo3l7s said:
brimsalabim":3uoo3l7s said:

This is in no way a judgement about anyone either. Percy's main role in Seattle's offense was to stretch defenses laterally. Even Pete said that the gameplan vs the Boys was to use those jet plays to open things for Lynch. When it works, it opens things for everyone. When it doesn't, it is a disaster, primarily because it is a play that evolves 5 yards behind the line. We are a team built on ZBS principles, which at heart are about guaranteeing your team 3 to 4 yards every run.

The big problem for Harvin is he runs limited routes. Other than the shallow crosser, which he runs well, he drifts in his deep routes for the most part. Ever notice that on the few deep targets he did have, he nearly always had to make a spectacular athletic move to catch the ball? Even notice that Baldwin rarely has to do that? Baldwin runs great routes, knows the redline, and most of all, knows how Russell sees the field. Harvin drifts, looks for the ball late, all the things that make it hard for the QB to get him the ball deep.

All that said, I would have used him on more deep stuff just because he scares the hell out of the D. A drag route behind Percy is an open route. Except, when Percy says he wants to go deep more, he doesn't mean as a decoy.

Bingo! Couldn't have said it better myself, Scotte. Percy has never been a good route runner but I wonder why they at least didn't send him on go routes or out and up just to keep the D honest. I think he can at least run in a straight line. Either way, it looks like the team did the right thing in letting him go.

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":30wij951 said:
mikeak":30wij951 said:
chawx":30wij951 said:
brimsalabim":30wij951 said:

Appreciate the input. Yeah I obviously noted that he didn't go deep but didn't consider the points you make about his skillset. RW not having much time obviously don't help.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":aelux6bo said:
Part-Time Wide Receiver.

Can you imagine the NY media tearing into him after the losses continue to pile up and the attitude continues? The Post is going to have to put a new punner on their payroll.

That is when be begins to "punch out" sports reporters! :thfight7:

Latest posts