What positives did you take from yesterdays game?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hadn't seen this posted elsewhere but I think this is Wilson's one and only OT loss of his pro career. So I would call that an outlyer.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I'm positive that WiLLson has lost his place on this team and needs to be let go in favor of a true blocking TE. Hell, put Tukuafu out there at TE if it comes down to that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I like all these posts. just think if we had an OC with some imagination. :lol:

getnasty

Reaction score
Michael Bennett was the one guy that i thought was dominate today, take whatever money Kam wants and give it to that guy. Obviously Lockett was great and hope his touches continue to increase on offense. Kearse was very solid for a guy everyone wanted cut. Jimmy Graham looked good and numbers could have been better if not for a couple of overthrows. Cary Williams also was very solid.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tyler Locket

Our DLine is still really good

It is only game 1, and the Rams always give us trouble in STL.

kearly

Reaction score
Massive room for improvement defensively was the #1 positive. I also think our offense is on the cusp of being scary good, but it didn't show this week because the Rams defense played extremely well.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Kearly I'm completely with you on the offense. There were some hints of whats to come for sure yesterday. I think its going to be a fun year for the offense. They will struggle against elite pass rushes if they don't make some adjustments but will completely light up average defenses. Everyone needs to relax...

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We usually start slow in the season and we usually have trouble at Saint Louis. The biggest positive you can get out of that is that we still have all the hopes in the world to have another Superbowl run.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2qbru8ai said:
dumbrabbit":2qbru8ai said:
They scored 31 points at St. Louis in Week 1. That's a huge positive.

I'm not buying this one. The Offense scored 17 points. Special Teams and that huge Defensive TD kept this game close.

So it's not like the Offense suddenly put up a monster game.

Agreed the Offense just isn't that good right now. There going to half to play better I thought Wilson played alright but failed In the red zone. The O-line was horrible at times. Baldwin SCARES NO ONE.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":13m3vqip said:
dumbrabbit":13m3vqip said:
They scored 31 points at St. Louis in Week 1. That's a huge positive.

I'm not buying this one. The Offense scored 17 points. Special Teams and that huge Defensive TD kept this game close.

So it's not like the Offense suddenly put up a monster game.

Special teams also cost a TD. If you're taking that view you need to take the good with the bad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me the positives were the D looked fearsome at times and when they get it all together will be as good or even better than the D's the team has fielded in the past few seasons. The interior run D looked pretty stout. Earl T looked good and was hitting with abandon despite his shoulder repairs. The blitzing worked when it was called up.

Tyler Lockett is going to be special both as a returner and as a WR. Frank Clark looked good at times, as especially so did Mike B, Cliff A. and Cassius Marsh. There will be little drop off in personal grouping as far as the pass rush.

The problems with missed assignments of which there were many are early season mistakes and demonstrably don't tend to occur later in the season.

The OLine showed some improvement as the game went along and now needs to show consistency. At times the Oline looked as if it could be passably OK instead of consistently the disaster that started the preseason. They should get better as they work more together. they have enough physicality that once it becomes more automatic for them they should be able to start moving the pile better than yesterday. There is still a long way to go but they got better as the game went on and they were playing likely the strongest DLine they will see all season. RW didn't get hurt in any of the 6 sacks he took several of which were on him and his holding the ball too long.

Jimmy G and RW finally began to show some rapport and trust in the shorter routes where they will make money together if Bevell ever allows it happen. If it does the opposing D's will need to respect the short to intermediate routes more and RW will not get hit as much.

There were many positives and equally many negatives but of the later everything was fixable. The team will be better next game.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I have many positives, it's funny, this loss doesn't bother me at all (it may come playoff time if it's a tight race in our division). We saw the beginning of some chemistry with Wilson to Lockett and Graham. Our o-line did better than I thought they would. Our d-line is sick, Bennett is an animal. Special teams is going to be fun to watch this year. Earl getting a good hit in and popping out the ball was great, and the strip and pick by Carrey was heads up stuff. Seeing Wilson stay in the pocket was unique, and he did really well in the second half.

I have many negatives as well, although I think they are all fixable, and shall improve as the season goes, but this thread is about the positives so I'll hush.

I found it interesting that we passed so much. Does this shows a shift in thinking with our team? We don't ever throw that much. It was probably due to the fact that the Rams are no joke up front, which would explain all the shotgun formations to give Russ some time to throw and not get crushed 2.5 steps into his 3 or 5 step drop back.