Positives from this game

renofox

Reaction score
1. Geno's next contract came way down in price if he is re-signed. Two more opportunities for a game winning drive without success. Is that 0/7 now?

2. The Oline and K9 had a whole game of learning opportunities- how NOT to do it.

3. The Dline took the day off so, adding the bye, they'll have 3 weeks of rest going into next week's game.

4. ???

olyfan63

Reaction score
1. Geno's next contract came way down in price if he is re-signed. Two more opportunities for a game winning drive without success. Is that 0/7 now?

2. The Oline and K9 had a whole game of learning opportunities- how NOT to do it.

3. The Dline took the day off so, adding the bye, they'll have 3 weeks of rest going into next week's game.

4. ???
Yup, this game may have cost Geno $10M a year (wild guess). He did lead what would have been a GW 4th Qtr drive, but... the defense. Geno needed to lead TWO GW drives to get the W. I was surprised/disappointed to see Waldron call a Walker run on 2nd down in that last series, when Raiders were dialed in on Walker and dominating our O-Line all day.

If Geno is cheaper, maybe we can afford some DT and LB help in free agency?

Sure, Geno missed some key throws, but I still think he's our guy for next year, and I'd like to think he and Waldron will find that rhythm for crunch time success. I'd happily settle though, for progress on Defense that would stop opposing offenses and preserve a win.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I enjoy the sarcasm by the OP.

The most positive thing I took away from the game was that Cody Barton gives me hope and inspiration to try out for the Seahawks because if he gets to make the team and start, so should I.

Yeah, not a lot of positives to take away from this game. The offensive line regressed significantly. The D line appears to be allergic to the weight room.

If last game wasn't a down to earth game, this one was definitely a crash landing

Last edited:

BamKam

Reaction score
The offense still moved the ball pretty well and scored 34 points. Had some bad turnovers but I was still happy to see them do well.