Positive takeaways from this game

renofox

Reaction score
3rd downs improved on both sides:
Offense 5/12
Defense 3/11

DEFENSE!!! looked outstanding after a shaky start. A little more DL pressure would be nice, and figuring out how to keep Bwags out of coverage would be great. But overall the DEFENSE!!! looked great.

MORE BOBO!

Starting to use JSN across the middle. He had a beautiful 3rd and long conversion on a great throw by Geno.

Receivers were getting wide open all day. Just because Geno didn't hit them doesn't mean this is not a positive.

What else did you see?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Usually a simple message board nobody post about running the ball more means nothing, they can go 2 te as their main offense and they can get to the nfccc doing it, just do it!!

nanomoz

Reaction score
KWIII routinely turned what should have been losses into 1,2, and 3-yard gains.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
As someone posted elsewhere:

JAMAL MADE IT THROUGH AN ENTIRE GAME!!!
And the D had their best game. He had a visible effect on the swagger out there. I know last game had better stats but that was against a terrible team with a more banged up OL than ours. Holding a fully healthy Burrow O to 17 is a huge win.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The loss was to an AFC team so doesn't effect conference standings for us against the rest of the NFC later on. So yeah it wasn't good, but long term its less impactful. Hopefully they use this as a lesson.

sutz

Reaction score
The loss was to an AFC team so doesn't effect conference standings for us against the rest of the NFC later on. So yeah it wasn't good, but long term its less impactful. Hopefully they use this as a lesson.
In tiebreakers, yes it is less important. It still counts as a loss in the standings, though.

Having said that, there is a lot of season ahead of us and I choose to look at the bright spots going forward. Shit to work on, for sure, but it was a hard fought contest against a SB contender.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
In tiebreakers, yes it is less important. It still counts as a loss in the standings, though.

Having said that, there is a lot of season ahead of us and I choose to look at the bright spots going forward. Shit to work on, for sure, but it was a hard fought contest against a SB contender.
Yeah tiebreakers is what I was referring to.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Boye Mafe had another sack today. That's three on the season, all in the past two games.

I'm not sure what his pressure rate is, but he's really starting to come into his own getting some flexibility off the edge

Fade

Reaction score
The defense. I tried telling people it wasn't a talent issue, but a scheme issue.

The Seahawks defense is realizing it's potential and playing to the strength of its personnel for a change. Something I haven't seen in a long time and am very pleased to see.

If they hadn't played scared softzone to start the game, they would've held the Bengals to single digits.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
The defense. I tried telling people it wasn't a talent issue, but a scheme issue.

The Seahawks defense is realizing it's potential and playing to the strength of its personnel for a change. Something I haven't seen in a long time and am very pleased to see.

If they hadn't played scared softzone to start the game, they would've held the Bengals to single digits.
Is it that the top secondary players are all now healthy? Or is Hurtt finally getting it?

I hope it's the latter. It would be nice if Hurtt became a good DC.

Fade

Reaction score
Is it that the top secondary players are all now healthy? Or is Hurtt finally getting it?

I hope it's the latter. It would be nice if Hurtt became a good DC.
I think it was them getting absolutely embarrassed by the Rams with the old Pete defense.

Sometimes when you lose you really win.

They then started to get positive reiforcement whenever they leaned into the new pressure based looks.

Whenever they fall back into the old ways they give up TDs like starting out today. I am sure Pete was mortified of.giving up the big play throughout the week, so they started out soft. After Burrow diced them up on consecutive drives to start the game, they abandoned it. This is good news.

Its like putting your hand on the stove and continuing to get burned. Eventually you learn not to do it anymore.

Besides, they are absolutely built to play a certain way, they kinda have no choice, but to do so.

What Hurtt got wrong last year, and made him look like an idiot was the 2 gapping scheme. Guys were out of position and couldn't fit the run game all season.

Pete I am sure told Hurtt to trash can it, and go back to 1 gap based, which has fixed things there.

As they lean more into the new it's getting harder for me to find things to criticize on defense.

Don't ever play soft is all I've got. They are too good at corner to ever warrant playing that way.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Imagine if we'd have just kicked a field goal every time we could have , hell if we played like this against the rams we could finally win and just maybe give the whiners a much harder time to take us to the woodshed than we have
The one thing I didn't expect this year was the defense to come to life and they have
We will learn
It really does feel like 2012 finally

Fade

Reaction score

Latest posts