Some positives from PFF

toffee

Reaction score
Ugly lost yesterday, here, some positives from PFF:
  1. I have been pretty hard on Charles Cross since last season, BUT, he has TWO good games in a row.
    Rams: 81.3 overall, 90.7 pass block, 69.2 run blocking, 0 penalty.
    Wash: 74.5 overall, 76.7 pass block, 68.4 run blocking, 1 penalty.
    90.7 is elite!! We may have our franchise LT afterall.

2. Woolen, our probowler last year, and he too has TWO good games in a row.
    Ram: 72 overall, 78.8 Coverage, 44.4 tackle, 59.4 run defense
    78.8 may not be elite, but he is improving, for the Rams game, QB rating was 45.8 throwing his way.

3. DreMont Jones, PFF never like him for whatever reason, but he received good grading for this game:
    Ram: 72.6 overall, pass rush 66, run defense 69, tackling 69.9.
Cross's progress is especially encouraging, Woolen's slowly slowly getting better also. Looked like Jones played better as DE than DT?

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Good to see Rik put together another acceptable game, I miss the elite level he was at last year, but he was plain bad before. Heard DreMont's name a lot and not for bad things.

I'm curious how Julian Love was graded?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Good to see Rik put together another acceptable game, I miss the elite level he was at last year, but he was plain bad before. Heard DreMont's name a lot and not for bad things.

I'm curious how Julian Love was graded?
Love was so so, but high grade on tackling:

Overall: 58.3
Run defense: 52.1
Tackling: 80.5
Pass rush: 67.7
Coverage: 59.4

Not great, but hardly played as poorly as some others.

renofox

Reaction score
Love was so so, but high grade on tackling:

Overall: 58.3
Run defense: 52.1
Tackling: 80.5
Pass rush: 67.7
Coverage: 59.4

Not great, but hardly played as poorly as some others.
I wonder how he was given a 59 in coverage. On the long PI, it was a bad throw right into his leverage. If he would have located the ball it was an easy pick. The receiver had no chance at it but he fouled the f7ck out of the guy for a 43-yard penalty.

He got credited with 1 PD but it doesn't make up for that horrible play.

knownone

Reaction score
Geno, DK, and Lockett also graded out well.

The offensive line outside of Peters and Cross was atrocious. I don't remember the exact numbers, but everyone was around 50 or below. Remember that the mean is (typically) 65, and the SD is 8. So 50 is like practice-squad level.

renofox

Reaction score
Geno, DK, and Lockett also graded out well.

The offensive line outside of Peters and Cross was atrocious. I don't remember the exact numbers, but everyone was around 50 or below. Remember that the mean is (typically) 65, and the SD is 8. So 50 is like practice-squad level.
Not surprising.

I loved how Haynes just decided to quit even trying to block Donald on the play Geno was injured.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is a gauntlet of offensive firepower coming up, will be a very nice measuring stick for how the defensive unit is progressing. I think there is a lot of genuine potential for a top 10 unit in the coming years. Happy that JS/PC got the message we gotta keep improving the DL every year.

Now let’s hope Lucas can come back and do the same roster churn on the OL. God damn were they terrible besides Cross.