What is really important to foster the .Net community

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Up until about 2 weeks ago we had been running without an issue since July 1st. The new server hardware is not the suspected issue the server we inherited in 2018 was a dang lemon and we had little know on how it was built.

the first database crash a short number of days ago was supposedly caused by our backup hard drive being too full. We were taking daily backups and they were all keep. Now it has crashed two times since and I need our admin to figure it out. He has turned on the verbose logging so that should help. I am wanting this to be solved permanently very soon.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":wc3kd9lq said:
I once was kicked off .net for saying Djack was going to sanfran. The moderator posted your starting rumors and kicked me off. Day later Djack went to the 49ers it took me years to start a new account. Back in the day they kicked off a lot of people. Seems like it is a little more for giving now a days which I appreciate.

I really don’t like banning people. It’s a last resort not a tool to show off power.

kf3339

Reaction score
Well this has been an interesting thread. I was going to post earlier, but it seemed to go into a #itch thread with many posts. That is just not something prefer to read.

I will say this about Wenhawk's ownership. He paid for this site to keep it running and has made improvements to help sustain it financially thru the company's that have ads at the top. He has also ran an effective donation campaign to supplement the cost of this site. I even made a very fair donation to help with those costs. That is normally something I never do, but did this time because I truly enjoy this site. Warts and all.

If I was going to say anything about improving the site it would be toward the trolls who come onto and hassle our poster fans during the season. Especially the week before, during the game and after for up to a week. I personally don't need them on this site at all. If there was a way to cut off signing on for a new membership and harassing our membership I would be on board for that. Perhaps have a yearly charge for participating on our main "Seahawks Football" and "Game Day" columns from the start of the training season thru the end of the season after the Superbowl. It doesn't have to be that much to discourage people from signing up to begin with. I know it's not going to happen, but it could work.

This is a chat room board and I learn a lot from some of our more knowledgeable members about the game. Some really good members have left because of some posters actions. But if you look it is almost always new members with very little posts that cause the problems for the most part. Perhaps don't give access to the game day forum unless you have a minimum of 500 posts. Something that limits their ability to get into that column.

I don't have many answers other than use the ignore option when you don't like the posts of a certain poster. That is all I have for now.

I just hope the site is able to stay up for all us Hawk fans for many years to come! :2thumbs:

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3ik16vgr said:
thegreeninyoureye":3ik16vgr said:
I once was kicked off .net for saying Djack was going to sanfran. The moderator posted your starting rumors and kicked me off. Day later Djack went to the 49ers it took me years to start a new account. Back in the day they kicked off a lot of people. Seems like it is a little more for giving now a days which I appreciate.

I really don’t like banning people. It’s a last resort not a tool to show off power.

Well I appreciate that Sir. I love .net sometimes in the past I was afraid to post just because of it. Like for instance I knew a good two weeks ahead of time that Duane Brown was coming to the Seahawks. I knew Seattle was heavily interested in him. I just had some insider knowledge Ill just leave it at that. However I did not post anything in fear of being kicked off. Well anyways I appreciate it Sir I could see if someone was blatantly using foul language or breaking several rules but for that I did not understand why they kicked me off.

chris98251

Reaction score
kf3339":7g84smf7 said:
Well this has been an interesting thread. I was going to post earlier, but it seemed to go into a #itch thread with many posts. That is just not something prefer to read.

I will say this about Wenhawk's ownership. He paid for this site to keep it running and has made improvements to help sustain it financially thru the company's that have ads at the top. He has also ran an effective donation campaign to supplement the cost of this site. I even made a very fair donation to help with those costs. That is normally something I never do, but did this time because I truly enjoy this site. Warts and all.

If I was going to say anything about improving the site it would be toward the trolls who come onto and hassle our poster fans during the season. Especially the week before, during the game and after for up to a week. I personally don't need them on this site at all. If there was a way to cut off signing on for a new membership and harassing our membership I would be on board for that. Perhaps have a yearly charge for participating on our main "Seahawks Football" and "Game Day" columns from the start of the training season thru the end of the season after the Superbowl. It doesn't have to be that much to discourage people from signing up to begin with. I know it's not going to happen, but it could work.

This is a chat room board and I learn a lot from some of our more knowledgeable members about the game. Some really good members have left because of some posters actions. But if you look it is almost always new members with very little posts that cause the problems for the most part. Perhaps don't give access to the game day forum unless you have a minimum of 500 posts. Something that limits their ability to get into that column.

I don't have many answers other than use the ignore option when you don't like the posts of a certain poster. That is all I have for now.

I just hope the site is able to stay up for all us Hawk fans for many years to come! :2thumbs:

So you want censorship, a bunch of yes men and no outside opinions.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":12ui4gwz said:
kf3339":12ui4gwz said:

So you want censorship, a bunch of yes men and no outside opinions.

That isn't what I said at all. If you re-read my post it gives specific ideas about limiting at certain times, or having a minimum post count to qualify for the game day forum. That isn't censorship, but just putting in place some additional controls. It's just an opinion, just like you give all the time. I also clearly stated that I doubt it would happen. Just giving my take. That's all.

I also supported the site with a donation to assist it staying for all to enjoy. How many new posters or those who troll this board do the same thing? How many long time posters have donated to help this site at all? If everyone helped just a little there wouldn't be the need for ads or a thread about donations pinned to the top. But that is okay. I was happy to help.

Personally as stated I let it roll or just ignore a lot of these guys. But I wonder how many have left this site because of some who have tarnished this board. I don't see them returning. How does that help?

I gave an opinion. That is all.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":1tk8ogy9 said:
Wenhawk":1tk8ogy9 said:
thegreeninyoureye":1tk8ogy9 said:

Well I appreciate that Sir. I love .net sometimes in the past I was afraid to post just because of it. Like for instance I knew a good two weeks ahead of time that Duane Brown was coming to the Seahawks. I knew Seattle was heavily interested in him. I just had some insider knowledge Ill just leave it at that. However I did not post anything in fear of being kicked off. Well anyways I appreciate it Sir I could see if someone was blatantly using foul language or breaking several rules but for that I did not understand why they kicked me off.
Oh my, please post any early knowledge you obtain. Obviously no need to declare a source and of course it can be framed as rumor, etc. I'd bet you won't run into the same issue now and plenty of us would be quite grateful.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":38rskar6 said:
thegreeninyoureye":38rskar6 said:
Wenhawk":38rskar6 said:
thegreeninyoureye":38rskar6 said:

Oh my, please post any early knowledge you obtain. Obviously no need to declare a source and of course it can be framed as rumor, etc. I'd bet you won't run into the same issue now and plenty of us would be quite grateful.

I like rumors and don't have the same policy as previous ownership about rumors.

Jville

Reaction score
Wenhawk":woxoexd7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":woxoexd7 said:
thegreeninyoureye":woxoexd7 said:
Wenhawk":woxoexd7 said:

I like rumors and don't have the same policy as previous ownership about rumors.

To further elaborate .....................

As I recall, we addressed that in 2019. One might occasionally see the addition of a word like rumor, speculation or anonymous sources added to a subject title to distinguish it from generally reliable named sources. But, that is intended to help clarify the nature of post sources. Members should feel at ease in posting what they find of interest in accordance with guidelines. Many enjoy engaging in rumor and speculation. Speculative threads, described as such, have their place on the forum. In fact, there is a lot of speculation going on right now about the size of free agent contracts and who will sign with what team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Traumahawk should be back shortly, Carson Palmer is still going to sign with Seattle.

So you feel we don't need to have any credibility anymore for posting stuff. That was what made us a go to place for many.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If buy almost anyone on here a beer or a burger if they ever end up in eastern Washington. I bet many others would too.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Unless you know the 'negative' stuff, you can't know what to improve. But there's the rub.

With the increase in information all day every day from outlets everywhere, this place is no longer really a clearinghouse for updated news on all things Seahawks. We've usually already heard it, seen it, read it. So, for me, this place has become kinda boring. I used to come on here and stay for hours. Now a few minutes and I'm done.

Been a part of this community since about 2003 and have watched the ebbs and flows of it since then.You see, in the 'old days' as it's been called, we could all bitch, moan, and argue with each other, but not get offended. Everyone gets offended now. That's the bottom line. We had epic battles over players coaches and other teams, and at times even hated certain posters, but then, we'd all put it behind us. Those days are over. Not ownership's fault really, but it is what it is.

Anyway, I still love coming here, and once in a while I find a nugget, but I'm pretty low key now and mostly keep to myself.

Ok, I'm done.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":qfzl9vxi said:
Traumahawk should be back shortly, Carson Palmer is still going to sign with Seattle.

No, didn't you hear? We have a franchise quarterback and his name is CHARLIE!!! *slams phone*

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok Wenhawk getting these alerts now.

This website has been reported as unsafe
Hosted by bronzemed.website

We recommend that you do not continue to this website. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.
Back to safety
More information 
This website has been reported to contain the following threats:
Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

FPD

Reaction score
chris98251":20y9bkuy said:
You asked and you receive, it is going to be unfiltered so be forewarned...

Obviously, I didn't quote the entire post. But I just wanted to say that was a great post Chris. I know I haven't been posting much for some time, but I've been a lurker. I gotta say, from my limited perspective, I agree with your post in its entirety.

Was good to see a :les: reference too!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
chris98251":2jhv885q said:

We recommend that you do not continue to this website. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.
Back to safety
More information 
Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

I got that too chris, right when I joined and pinned the link on my google start page. When I made a return visit using that pinned link it was blocked and that message came up. So I deleted that link, removed it from my history, started over from search and other than a brief outage or two have had no problem since.

Wonder a bit about the "it has been reported" thing. Seems like microsoft could confirm or verify the report validity in short order rather than just blacklist the site.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Appyhawk":8farosoa said:
chris98251":8farosoa said:

Back to safety
More information 

I got that too chris, right when I joined and pinned the link on my google start page. When I made a return visit using that pinned link it was blocked and that message came up. So I deleted that link, removed it from my history, started over from search and other than a brief outage or two have had no problem since.

Wonder a bit about the "it has been reported" thing. Seems like microsoft could confirm or verify the report validity in short order rather than just blacklist the site.

Yeah I got this at some point a few months ago as well. I figured it was from the ads on the page, as it only occured with certain ads.