What is really important to foster the .Net community

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkStrong":2thupmao said:
getnasty":2thupmao said:
jammerhawk":2thupmao said:
Soulman you'd raise a glass with any of us. :D :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: Like myself.

The inclusivity of being fans of the same team makes us a community, encouraging that is a good thing. We have to remember as well that we are supposed to be friends here as part of that community, or at a bare minimum reasonable people. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable, or constantly negative. In the end we are here because we are rabid fans of our team and likely all each view the team, it's prospects, coaching, and management somewhat differently, that's cool and encourages frequent good discussion.

We have some traditions here and they also need to be fostered and encouraged because through them we become a community and different than other sites. We need to remember our roots and the various founders, owners, and exceptional stewards of this community remembered and honoured as without them it doesn't exist and it is a truly great place.

We came here because we seek information about the team and it is often all collected here. Encouraging each poster to offer their unique viewpoints and knowledge makes this place more fun.

Well said, can't lose guys like PMedic either. He's probably posted more on this site then anyone over the years and hasn't been around since his fued in the shack. Hope he's back seems like a good guy that brings alot to the board.

PMedic also caused a lot of problems (along with one or two others) that resulted in many great posters leaving, so I have heard.
That is correct.

austinslater25":2thupmao said:
Pmedic wasn't the problem. Many of the "great" posters left because they couldn't take differing opinions. Not all but a few of them. that's my opinion anyway.
Disagree with your first statement, obviously. He was however, not the only one.

Also disagree with Lymon about the focus on money. No one wants to lose money and I think you being honest and up front about it Wen is perfectly understandable. I donated for the first time ever because you were up front about the need.

Most of all I sadly suspect Popeye is right (as is usually the case except when it comes to XL*). Afraid it might well be a dying option and old, get off my lawn guys like me that hate social media will have few outlets if that does happen.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is a gigantic crock of shit about PMedic. He ORGANIZED a bunch of gatherings not only in Washington but Texas...This is BULLSHIT that people say this and that is the problem with this current site.

You have people like Hawkstrong that weren't even here putting down good people that did good things for this site, yet, you let them do it...Get a grip and get rid of the parasites that are here.

John63

Reaction score
So at the risk, of being....attacked given some blame me for alot of the chaos on this board. Here are my thoughts

When I first joined I was not the same as I am now. I was more....reasonable, but over time of being attacked, publically and privately by a select few, I started responding in kind. I am on other forums and dont have any issues there, as for the most part we are very civil. However, there are a select few on this board that like to call names, and such rather than have a decent conversation. Some of these get moved to the Shack which I do not participate in. One of the reasons I became such a ... Wilson defender was a select few who seemed to not only find excuses to blame him for everything, say things that are not true. Its less about Wilson and more about I just dont like bullies and tend to stick up for people. It could just as easily have been Lockett or another player, but it was Wilson.

I would like to think I try not to cause trouble, but sometimes I do, though I don't feel I start it, I will not run.

I do apologize for my part in things and plan on trying to be less.....chaotic.

From what I have read, and heard some of the things being said in this thread is true. There is a perception right or wrong of a select few who can do and say whatever they want and suffer no....consequences. A good old boys group of sorts. I senses it the moment I joined and have numerous private conversations with others about it.

I have started foeing a lot of people who I feel want to do nothing but argue or sow division. I am sure for those who feel I am part of it they have foed me as well.

I have been far less active on this board in the last week or so. Mainly because I dont want to get int the middle of, cause or help grow any more issues.

I want a place to go, to read about news, discuss things knowing we all want the same thing, for the Hawks to win.

And again as a last note, my apologies for my part in diminishing this forum I will do better.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":1mfii7k5 said:
This is a gigantic crock of shit about PMedic. He ORGANIZED a bunch of gatherings not only in Washington but Texas...This is BULLSHIT that people say this and that is the problem with this current site.

You have people like Hawkstrong that weren't even here putting down good people that did good things for this site, yet, you let them do it...Get a grip and get rid of the parasites that are here.
Sorry Rob, gonna disagree with you here. Just cuz someone organized get togethers, etc. doesn't make them a good guy or more importantly, a good mod. IMO he is/was neither. And I was here.
That said, you are for sure entitled to how you feel and I'm guessing neither of us will change the other's mind.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Some meet and greets would be fun.
Some get together pre game at the stadium, or if a group from Spokane wants to road trip over for a game I'm down. That would be fun.

I haven't met any of you folks in person, but I'm always up for watching a game, fantasy draft, whatever to get more involvement and participation.

This is my go to place for Seahawks news and I enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions on things, and I'm not shy about voicing my opinion either.

I wish i knew about this site prior to 2010 lol

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2u5shf6j said:
LymonHawk":2u5shf6j said:
Hope I don't hurt your feelings Wen, but IMHO, you should stop pushing the money thing so much. I can only speak for myself of course, but sometimes it's like you're only here to make a buck. That may or may not be the case, but to me it sure seems that way.

two cents.

I don't share that view Lymon. I've built and operated several websites in the past, so I know this stuff doesn't just happen. It requires a lot of work, time, and MONEY. It is up to all of us who enjoy sharing our Seahawk passion together to work together to make it possible. It simply is not fair to expect Wen to do all the work and bear all the financial stain by himself in order that the rest of us can enjoy ourselves doing what we like to do. We have to earn it by doing our part. It isn't just the WEN show. This place can only be what it is if we all work as a TEAM to make it happen.

Ok. You know how I got that moniker, "El Primo"? I was the first one to donate to this place. And you can ask Wenhawk if I've donated to the upkeep here...$20 BTW. Where's my badge thingie, you may ask? I told Wen I didn't need one. Speaking of which, where's your zippy badge thingie?

I do believe there is a big difference between for-profit and not-or-profit. YMMV

Largent80

Reaction score
Lon was a mod because after Les died, they needed someone and he was a dedicated Seahawks fan.

He didn't want to do it but did. So his moderation was a labor of love. You can hate him and that is your right. I love the guy and always will so hate on me too if hate is what the new .net is all about. If it is about that, then sayonara.

chris98251

Reaction score
You asked and you receive, it is going to be unfiltered so be forewarned.

First Wenhawk this is not your site, this is the members site, you have been given stewardship.

That responsibility is heavy, keep it running, keep the traditions of what made it last since 1998 and all it's iterations, from the first concept to Fanstop to Scout.com to it's current version with the tweeks done. Keep it open to all walks of life, poor, rich Republicans, Independents and whatever else comes along, the Old, the Young, the casual and diehards, the Gay community, females males and these days the in between. The knowledgeable and the new fan. all races and religions.

The Tech savvy and those that just try to figure out where the Control Panel is and how to post a Image or type 5 words a minute.

Then you have to be tolerant of levels of familiarity each poster has as well, those of us here for ages give others they have come to know a lot of crap and banter, many new people just don't know or get it because they have not grown here with the site. They feel not included or discounted possibly, not the case, you earn your stripes and will get grief by those that know what standards we have had and will call you on the BS, it's not personnel most times at all, just feels that way I assure you. We can be brutal at times here and very pointed.

To Wenhawks comment, back in the day what you see now is a mosquito bite, it was a bloodfest for a long while as we learned how to make a forum productive, posting links to news articles, attack the post not the poster, credit people that make great posts and encourage more of them, That's what was instilled here, and conversations developed friendships and relationships. Les being the special person was like the Velcro that was able to hold many things together at times. Initially Aros would have trivia contests and send out prizes, I still have the Largent cards I won and handed down to my son, one was a Rookie card if I remember and he has them secured someplace.

The money thing I agree with, not so much Lymons take but that it's a push, I get it we need to keep it funded but it sounds like a guy pushing profit to me. Sorry if that wasn't the intent but there is a feeling.

I also feel you have to have a Staff of people that represent the membership to get a bead on the pulse of .Net, having a group that simply has your view isn't going to get you anywhere, yes men can make you feel good I guess but not everyone is a Tech person, not everyone is from the West Coast or the US, not everyone makes 6 figures or lives in a Tailor park or their mother basement.

You need input about things from all the perspectives you can get to not alienate people, they need to have a common cause to keep the place running and to propagate the community, they don't have to agree with you or others but respect the points of view and working the common causes.

Is this all easy ? Hell no !

I always treated being a member here as a privilege not a right and tried to look at everything that way, I am who I am and speak how I speak and mad no reservations that I am a smart ass Asshole and don't believe in the PC culture.

But I also try to step into shoes of others as not to make snap judgements, sure there are days where it just didn't happen but as a owner and staff being able to do that I think will help you and them get what you want.

A community again that can be dysfunctional at times but unified as well. That's what a Family is isn't it?

People will come and go, and come back again once they have cooled off many times, you can't have one person dictate how the place works just to keep they happy however, we have seen that over the years as well with Doug and then Kearly. or others as changes happen or they don't like or feel respected in some way.

But you do have to give them a ear I feel so you know the situations.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1rkxwl8y said:
Largent80":1rkxwl8y said:

Sorry Rob, gonna disagree with you here. Just cuz someone organized get togethers, etc. doesn't make them a good guy or more importantly, a good mod. IMO he is/was neither. And I was here.
That said, you are for sure entitled to how you feel and I'm guessing neither of us will change the other's mind.

Dang! I hate it when I gotta agree with day1 Arrrgggg! :les:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":p4zhl0pu said:
Lon was a mod because after Les died, they needed someone and he was a dedicated Seahawks fan.

He didn't want to do it but did. So his moderation was a labor of love. You can hate him and that is your right. I love the guy and always will so hate on me too if hate is what the new .net is all about. If it is about that, then sayonara.
You're overreacting. I never used the word "hate". Not going to like everyone in life. That's just how it is.

Largent80

Reaction score
And here you have the conundrum.

People disliking a member, people not wanting to be a community anymore

Largent80

Reaction score
COMMUNITY

It appears that the current people don't wan't that comeraderie....The very thing that propelled this site to what it was. It certainly is FAR from that right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
For those of you saying Wen's focusing on the "money thing" for profit, have you read the thread about reaching the break even goal?
And even if he is trying to make a bit of a profit here, which I personally don't believe, he ain't gettin' rich off $20 donations.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":wlmjh03b said:
And here you have the conundrum.

People disliking a member, people not wanting to be a community anymore
No matter the size of the community, not everyone likes everyone else. You're being unrealistic. I do admire your desire for a community with little to no friction though.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3k9m3vyx said:
For those of you saying Wen's focusing on the "money thing" for profit, have you read the thread about reaching the break even goal?
And even if he is trying to make a bit of a profit here, which I personally don't believe, he ain't gettin' rich off $20 donations.

So you want that Fire Department guy knocking on your door every night, or the telemarketers to call every day, Or the Tithe plate passed two or three times during services etc, it feels like that intended or not to some.

We know, the Ads in our face all the time, slow load times and occasion, Norton pop ups now that never were there or telling me to click here and then the requests, I get that we need to support it, spent over ten years doing that in my own way to help, but from nothing and a great blue background to the adds all over and then threads about money it's a bit much sometimes.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If you read threads even going years back people were complaining that the site was going downhill...so it seems to me it's just people historically bitching. Yes some posters who had some good content and writing ability left...mostly because they did not like their views being questioned or critiqued. I have found if you post something here be prepared to defend it and dont take it to heart when someone disagrees with it. Someone mentioned that internet forums have seen a decline due to other social media and I'd have to agree. I go on other outdoor forums that have declined almost to the point where they are now dead. I dont see that here to that degree and it seems that it gets quite a bit of traffic. The main forum is going to be dead at this time of year...unless you want to talk about the neverending russ elite threads or the game has past pete by threads. Until free agency and the draft there just isnt much to talk about. It will pick up again.

Other forums are doing well including the politics and smack shack. I'm guessing out of boredom in the off season some of the shack content is getting childish and perhaps too personal but everyone knows what their in for if they go there.

Not sure on what to recommend to make it better or more of a club again. Social meetings will work for people that live close or go to the games.

Largent80

Reaction score
I surrender.

Currently I feel there is ZERO chance that this place gets back to the community it once was. Take a look at the response here for a barometer.

For me...I have moved on, I made lifelong friends here and some I travelled the world with. And here is to hoping the new people here can do the same. iT'S UP TO THEM.

iI'm out, Im done with all of it. Ive spent thousands of dollars travelling and for tickets. I am absolutely HAPPY witmeetinag all of my Seahawk brothers in so many places over the years and I'm grateful for Todd starting this place which gave me the opportunity to meet so many great people for many years.

BASF

Reaction score
Largent80":1dfa9ywq said:
COMMUNITY

It appears that the current people don't wan't that comeraderie....The very thing that propelled this site to what it was. It certainly is FAR from that right now.

Lon's whole Regulators Mount up thing was one of the main reasons I left. The talking down to posters is not a good thing at all and it was happening here a lot.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Largent80":3tnij1l3 said:
This is a gigantic crock of $h!t about PMedic. He ORGANIZED a bunch of gatherings not only in Washington but Texas...This is $h!t that people say this and that is the problem with this current site.

I didn't put down anyone. Your behavior has contributed to the state of the site as well.

Largent80

Reaction score
HawkStrong":2wadezkg said:
Largent80":2wadezkg said:
This is a gigantic crock of $h!t about PMedic. He ORGANIZED a bunch of gatherings not only in Washington but Texas...This is $h!t that people say this and that is the problem with this current site.

I didn't put down anyone. Your behavior has contributed to the state of the site as well.

Yeah 20 years worth of contribution.