What if the NFL admitted it was fake?

Would you stop watching/going to the Seahawks games if it was fake?

• Yes, I would stop watching the Hawks

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • No, I would keep watching the Hawks

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I might turn on the game but I would be less involved

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

cymatica

Reaction score
Nice strawman statement. I never made this claim.
Says the guy who made a strawman statement:

"Yup people are no longer willing to accept that humans make mistakes.

Any mistake must be made with malicious intent."

m0ng0

Reaction score
I used to hate the old timers telling me the college game is way better, blah blah blah but I think even college football is getting ruined l I still have my Air Force team to watch! Go Falcons!

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
I think it was a mistake. A terrible game costing mistake.

If you want to believe it's fixed then go ahead.

Sorry my position has triggered you.
Then you are simply in denial or gullible, no way around it. Sorry but there's no possible way that missed call was just a mistake with the ref staring right at it. You have just simply demonstrated that you are unable to use reason, out of fear you might believe in a "conspiracy" or lose your blind devotion to the idea that game steering is impossible.

Not triggered, just amazed how arrogant someone can be in denying what's right in front of them

Mix

Reaction score
Then you are simply in denial or gullible, no way around it.
You are simple minded and unable to understand logic.
Sorry but there's no possible way that missed call was just a mistake with the ref staring right at it.
Who can argue with your dumb proclamation, you believe it so much it has to be fact.
You have just simply demonstrated that you are unable to use reason, out of fear you might believe in a "conspiracy" or lose your blind devotion to the idea that game steering is impossible
You have no ability to reason, thus why you believe in conspiracies.

It's fun responding like you, it requires no actual data to back anything up!

Mix

Reaction score
Says the guy who made a strawman statement:

"Yup people are no longer willing to accept that humans make mistakes.

Any mistake must be made with malicious intent."
That is called sarcasm.

You are correct I should of added the Sarcasm sign. Sorry for your confusion.

Further more that is not how a strawman works. I have to assign the position to someone specific.

Regardless you think its rigged, because that's how you feel.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I used to hate the old timers telling me the college game is way better, blah blah blah but I think even college football is getting ruined l I still have my Air Force team to watch! Go Falcons!
Amen Brother. Go Falcons.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'm surprised a legacy team fan would say that...most fans of legacy teams think everything is above board.

Patriots fans are the biggest ingrates in the world. They boo Goodell at every opportunity, even though he's done nothing but help the Patriots by minimizing the punishment when they were caught cheating, and even destroying the evidence of a lot of their cheating. How much ya wanna bet that among the destroyed video evidence was video of the Rams' walkthrough from before Super Bowl XXXVI? Eagles players said after XXXIX that Patriots players were calling out Eagles plays as soon as they lined up, so I'd bet there was video of their practices and walkthrough too.

Sharon could see that Goodell was helping the Patriots because she could see the contrast between how he treated the Saints, in "bountygate" and in other things, and the way he treated the Patriots when they were caught cheating multiple times (destroying evidence, minimizing punishment). [Note: I always use the past tense when talking about her because she died in 2019] Goodell didn't even want to punish the Cheatriots at all for "deflategate," even though improper ball inflation had probably helped the Patriots as a team for several years, both for Brady, who can't grip a properly inflated ball very well, and for the Patriots' "skill-position" players, who had unbelievably low fumble rates while on the Patriots even though many of them had fumbling issues both before and after being Patriots, but just not while they were on the Patriots. But other owners got furious that Kraft's team could win lots of titles while cheating and not get punished even when caught red-handed, so Goodell was forced to issue the token punishment of suspending the Cheater-in-Chief (the "GCoaT") for four games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I like using the league is fixed as an excuse when the Seahawks lose.

If the NFL came out and admitted the games were scripted, then yes I'd stop watching immediately

Mizak

Reaction score
If it was fake, why did the refs screw over the Patriots with this call?

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Ever since the 2005 SB loss I've come to accept that the NFL is pretty much the WWF. I think the majority of games are mostly legit but it's obvious that rich people have the power to alter them at will. But then that pretty much applies to everything in our immoral world these days.

cymatica

Reaction score
You are simple minded and unable to understand logic.

Who can argue with your dumb proclamation, you believe it so much it has to be fact.

You have no ability to reason, thus why you believe in conspiracies.

It's fun responding like you, it requires no actual data to back anything up!
Pot meet kettle. You have no ability to reason, which is why you refuse to accept that an official can ignore a penalty on purpose, even when the most obvious no call slaps you in the face. Evidence is right in front of you on that Rams Saints no call, but you just are so stubborn that you won't budge.

News flash, conspiracies are a fact of life. Pick up a history book and educate yourself. People like you who like to call others conspiracy theorists are nothing but arrogant and condescending with no concept of the real world and human nature

Mix

Reaction score
Pot meet kettle. You have no ability to reason, which is why you refuse to accept that an official can ignore a penalty on purpose, even when the most obvious no call slaps you in the face. Evidence is right in front of you on that Rams Saints no call, but you just are so stubborn that you won't budge.

News flash, conspiracies are a fact of life. Pick up a history book and educate yourself. People like you who like to call others conspiracy theorists are nothing but arrogant and condescending with no concept of the real world and human nature
Alllllllllrighty then.

believe a conspiracy if you want, I am not gonna stop you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
If it was fake, why did the refs screw over the Patriots with this call?

In a 1 word book...VEGAS.
This is a great example of the NFL being fake. Bad call on the field but criminal after being able to review the play.

800 cameras and they only show the one where its a bit fuzzy but still clearly out of bounds.

Call it Steering, rigged or whatever...if its not a fair game, its a fake outcome.

cymatica

Reaction score
Alllllllllrighty then.

believe a conspiracy if you want, I am not gonna stop you.
Watching a ref ignore a defender tackle a receiver a full second before the ball arrives, then just chalking it up to a mistake, is pure stupidity. Acknowledging the fact that he ignored the penalty that he saw is just recognizing the reality of the situation.

I know, you have no argument that's based in reality, so you have to resort to the tired old "conspiracy" label.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Super Bowl 40 was fake, but I kept grudgingly watching, even though I was throughly disgusted, because I still love the fundamentals of the sport of football. And the idea of the Seattle Seahawks. I can't turn my back on the Seahawks because the NFL decided with malice aforethought to screw the Seahawks to the greatest degree possible in the entire history of any cheating in any professional sport anywhere. Seahawks couldn't control that. Seahawks didn't know that was going to happen. They got japped!

I still remember watching football on t.v. with my dad when I was about three, and it was the Jets and somebody else. He was telling me about Broadway Joe Namath.

BASF

Reaction score
Super Bowl 40 was fake, but I kept grudgingly watching, even though I was throughly disgusted, because I still love the fundamentals of the sport of football. And the idea of the Seattle Seahawks. I can't turn my back on the Seahawks because the NFL decided with malice aforethought to screw the Seahawks to the greatest degree possible in the entire history of any cheating in any professional sport anywhere. Seahawks couldn't control that. Seahawks didn't know that was going to happen. They got japped!

I still remember watching football on t.v. with my dad when I was about three, and it was the Jets and somebody else. He was telling me about Broadway Joe Namath.
Please look up the 2002 Western Conference Finals where the Sacramento Kings got it worse than we did.

Latest posts