What if the NFL admitted it was fake?

Would you stop watching/going to the Seahawks games if it was fake?

• Yes, I would stop watching the Hawks

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • No, I would keep watching the Hawks

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I might turn on the game but I would be less involved

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

Spohawks

Reaction score
Whatever is your current level of commitment, going to games, watching on TV or wearing a Hawks sweater on game day in a distant state...would you give up on the Seahawks if the NFL came out like WWE and said "Its kind of fake".

WWE still has a ton of followers and everyone knows its fake. Could you walk away from the Seahawks or would you stay true to your team?

Last edited by a moderator:

kidhawk

Reaction score
IF, and that's a HUGE if, they said it was absolutely faked for entertainment like the WWE, I probably would pay very little attention to it. With that said, I knew, even as a little kid that WWE (WWF at the time) and other professional wrestling organizations were fake. Even when they adamantly denied it. NFL and the other major sports, just don't have any of the same red flags that make me think it's faked for entertainment purposes.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
It is not fake. Maybe steered a bit once in a while. But not fake. It is fun meeting fans of the same team in different games in different locations. I have met some great people in great areas. Some are still friends. There are a few sites out there that say it is rigged......we dont care as it is only a distraction from the every day rigamarole. And this time we need more distractions. Great times as some of them places I have been I see on tv and remember where I have been seated at those locations. That changes things when you have been to them locations. Something to think about for those who only go to the home games.

W

Welshers

Yes I'd still watch a little because it would be the same to me as watching a TV show or something... but I'd watch less because part of it is knowing those guys are going to real war out there

irfuben32

Reaction score
I kept watching after the League handed a Superbowl to Pittsburgh.

I kept watching after the league handed a Superbowl to the Rams.

I kept watching after this bullshit where they sent the Rams to the Superbowl.

NoFlag.gif

cymatica

Reaction score

NoFlag.gif
Can anyone look at this play and honestly say with a straight face that the refs didn't intentionally blow this call?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

NoFlag.gif
I stopped watching the NFL for a solid 4 years after the bastard Goodell and his goons dirtydick raped us in Detroit on that fateful Sunday afternoon. I was crushed.

And then we traded for the young man from Oakland. I was back.

On the topic of that bullshit non call in that Lambs vs Aints game... 🤮🤮🤮
Holy SHEEEEEIITTTTT I wonder how Nawlins folk watch the NFL. THAT shit was EGREGIOUS!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It is not fake. Maybe steered a bit once in a while. But not fake.

My take generally is this. If it came right out and they 'said' that. Probably alot less.

But I have to say - in the past little while (couple years) - I've tried to watch the XFL a bit when it was around. I kinda try and watch the CFL. BUT, in a VERY WWE type fashion - I find that the part that I like about the NFL is just the history. Teams I like, teams I hate. Cities I like, cities I hate. Players I like, players I hate. Without the backstory and the history nothing else really compares.

Everytime I turned on another league I was like "who the F are these guys - and why do I care". I like hating the Saints. I like hating the Steelers. They are familiar - just like the characters in the WWE. I can't stand baseball. I can't stand basketball. Arena Football? Not likely. So what the heck else would I watch?

So, from that perspective "I've been entertained". ;) I'd keep watching. I tune out the crap that I don't want to see already. My wife got me into RedZone last year - and I haven't looked back - it's like a grand theatre every sunday! ;)

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If the came out and was proved the nfl is fake/fixed I absolutely would be done with it. I understand individuals can be bought and try to influence outcomes but those are usually outed. But that's a different thing than being like what they have done with wrestling. It boggles my mind people actually throw time and money away on stuff like that.
The number and severity of injuries to players keeps me convinced it is the real deal.

Nunya

Reaction score
You might as well say "If the moon was made of cheese, would you take a bite".

In order to believe the NFL is "fake", you would have to believe that college and HS football is fake as well.....and that all players and coaches are in on it....all through their careers.

While some bias and/or corrupt referees might intentionally influence the outcome of a game, it would be a huge conspiracy of enormous magnitude to completely rig the NFL to the point where every game is predetermined.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I stopped watching the NFL for a solid 4 years after the bastard Goodell and his goons dirtydick raped us in Detroit on that fateful Sunday afternoon. I was crushed.

And then we traded for the young man from Oakland. I was back.

On the topic of that bullshit non call in that Lambs vs Aints game... 🤮🤮🤮
Holy SHEEEEEIITTTTT I wonder how Nawlins folk watch the NFL. THAT shit was EGREGIOUS!

Goodell wasn't commissioner when Super Bowl XL happened. He became commissioner about seven months after that game.

There was a woman who grew up in the same town in Maine where I grew up, and she was a friend of a bunch of my friends. She was a Patriots fan because, well, Maine, and she was also a Saints fan for some reason (I'm not criticizing - I grew up in Maine and I was the only Seahawks fan I knew). I asked her how she felt about Goodell, given how much he had always helped the Patriots, but harmed the Saints. She agreed with me on both points and strongly disliked Goodell even though he's basically been Kraft's guy in the NFL office.

Mix

Reaction score
Wrestling works as scripted because they all work for the same "team".

cymatica

Reaction score
Holy Crap. What is with this board and threads and posts being about the NFL is fake? It went from Russ to this? 😳
Probably because the officiating is so bad that people can't help but wonder. I don't see why people think it's outside the realm of possibility