What FA pass rushers do you want to see come to this team?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Check out JPP's sacks per game the last two years... combine that with his approx price (7-9MM) and I don't know if there's a better 4-3 target.

Tical21

Reaction score
sdog1981":3rh6gwfl said:
STOP posting about Ngakoue. HE WILL NOT BE A FREE AGENT!!!!!!!

The dude is 24, he is going to get a max deal and be franchised at least two more times.
I dunno, they are projected OVER the cap without him. Only Minnesota has more committed money next year. I don't think there is any way they can come up with 20 mil to franchise him. The Seahawks have 59 million. The Jaguars have -2.

That said, I'm sure a couple players will get franchised. So should we STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD and come back to it after franchise tags?

BASF

Reaction score
massari":2r7klbmp said:
What does everyone think about trading the 1st (27) + 2nd (64) for Ngakoue ($20M APY) to start opposite Clowney ($20M APY)?

It's basically a reversal of the Frank Clark trade which most of us seemed to love at the time, and probably still love if Collier or Ansah showed something.

So, is he that much better than some of the other top FA's to warrant giving up a couple of high picks?

As much as this team played gutsy and won enough games to get themselves to compete in the divisional round, this is a deeply flawed team. Most teams are, but we need to improve in way too many positions to trade away picks for a guy who will get such a large contract. This team is not one piece away from being in the Super Bowl, it is at least seven or eight.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Carrol just wants to see a pass rush with the base 4. He seems to think that would enable the whole rest of the defense. With the cap increasing every year (as has been mentioned), a big Clowney deal would be smaller every year. Wilson's deal doesn't seem all that back-breaking anymore. (of course there is what he did in the playoffs)

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
massari":16yvan3b said:
What does everyone think about trading the 1st (27) + 2nd (64) for Ngakoue ($20M APY) to start opposite Clowney ($20M APY)?

It's basically a reversal of the Frank Clark trade which most of us seemed to love at the time, and probably still love if Collier or Ansah showed something.

So, is he that much better than some of the other top FA's to warrant giving up a couple of high picks?

Regardless what you say that avatar thing you got going drives me NUTS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the trade I think just our 1st pick would do. Maybe another that was later round, but not our 2nd and 3rd rounders.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I would LOVE getting Robert Quinn, and was extremely disappointed when we didn't trade for him in 2019! I couldn't believe it because Dallas STOLE that player!

Jerry Jones wants Quinn back, so I doubt we see him hit the market.

I'm all in on JPP, great value for the production, and talented enough to take some of the MASSIVE double teams Clowney was facing!

Pay Clowney 22 million if that's what he wants, but spread it out for 5 years. That way, as the Cap goes up, and DEs get more and more each consecutive year, it will look like a STEAL 3 years from now.

About trading (Frank Clark type) picks and money for Yannick Ngakoue, NO! Yannick Ngakoue is not as talented as Frank Clark!

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":248ux70w said:
Clowney will be re-signed, and his PERFECT bookend is Von Miller.

Make it happen.

Still owed a TON of money, and will likely take a pick or two.

Ymd1g0R

hburn21

Reaction score
ivotuk":1xhwmqio said:
I would LOVE getting Robert Quinn, and was extremely disappointed when we didn't trade for him in 2019! I couldn't believe it because Dallas STOLE that player!

I'm all in on JPP, great value for the production, and talented enough to take some of the MASSIVE double teams Clowney was facing!

Pay Clowney 22 million if that's what he wants, but spread it out for 5 years. That way, as the Cap goes up, and DEs get more and more each consecutive year, it will look like a STEAL 3 years from now.

About trading (Frank Clark type) picks and money for Yannick Ngakoue, NO! Yannick Ngakoue is not as talented as Frank Clark!
They have 3 big money f/a’s to sign tho In dak, Cooper and Byron Jones, gonna be hard to resign Quinn too

Tical21

Reaction score
hburn21":1sq6ghrw said:
ivotuk":1sq6ghrw said:

They have 3 big money f/a’s to sign tho In dak, Cooper and Byron Jones, gonna be hard to resign Quinn too
Think they're letting Jones walk for sure. Possibly one of the other two. But still, not sure they're going to be able to pay Quinn.

Largent80

Reaction score
The perfect system fit is Von Miller, he's getting up in age but he's got that quickness we need.

massari

Reaction score
Clowney - $20M

Calais Campbell - $15M

Leonard Williams - $10M

Robert Quinn - $12M

They can have Campbell on the outside for run plays, and inside on passing downs when Quinn steps on the field.

Fowler and Armstead are scary with what they're rumored to be worth

ivotuk

Reaction score
massari":ab4jg3sn said:
Clowney - $20M

Calais Campbell - $15M

Leonard Williams - $10M

Robert Quinn - $12M

They can have Campbell on the outside for run plays, and inside on passing downs when Quinn steps on the field.

Fowler and Armstead are scary with what they're rumored to be worth

I like those ideas, although I think Clowney's worth more. The way he plays, it's difficult to quantify just how great he is, and that's why some people don't want to pay him. But I honestly believe he's worth $22, $23 million per year. He gets double-teamed a lot, he's great against the run, probably better than any other DE at that, he gets a lot of pressure, and his play allows the others on the line to have success.

Just look at the game in SF. That's what he's capable of....taking over a game.

I wonder if Pete could get Leonard Williams to turn it on? Maybe he's ready to play harder and try to get a big pay day?

I wonder if Quinn could actually get $12 million? Don't get me wrong, I think he's worth it, but seeing how little market there was for him last year surprised me.

I don't trust Fowler or Armstead on anything more than a 1 year deal. They have the talent, but are the football players?

massari

Reaction score
ivotuk":3w23w69v said:
I wonder if Pete could get Leonard Williams to turn it on? Maybe he's ready to play harder and try to get a big pay day
He's already a beast stopping the run, and underrated as a pass rusher. But if they can get him to the level he was projected to be, Jimmy G will have some problems with him a Clowney.

From PFF:

No player had a bigger deference between his pressure rate rank and sack rate rank than Williams, who split the year between the Giants and the New York Jets prior to his trade. Among 87 interior defenders with 200 or more pass-rushing snaps, Williams ranked 13th in pressure rate at 11.3% but his one sack in 424 pass-rushing snaps put him near the bottom of the list in sack rate. On the other hand, Williams led the position with 19 quarterback hits.

Since 2016, 38.7% of Leonard Williams' run tackles have gone for a loss or no gain, which is second to only Aaron Donald.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1188862790116790273[/tweet]

DJrmb

Reaction score
Ngakoue would be a dream fit opposite Clowney but he's probably out of the price range.

Guys like Barrett, Dupree, Fowler, and Judon are all guys I would keep an eye on in case their markets don't develop as much as they want, but I wouldn't expect them to be available in the price range Seattle needs to aim for with resigning Clowney. Seattle needs to be in the teens, not the twenties for a 2and pass rusher in my opinion.

Vic Beasley, Jordan Jenkins, and Shaq Lawson are guys that I think would hit the sweet spot and I'd like to bring in two of those guys if they don't get any of the tier above them.

Also a sleeper that I would like to see them steal away is Stephen Weatherly from the Vikings. Their fans are talking about Weatherly as Everson Griffen's replacement, and hoping to lock him up long term for cheap. I hope the Hawks swoop in and steal him, or at least kick the tires.

I would also love Leonard Williams as a replacement for Reed on the inside. As others have said he's better than what he's gotten credit for lately, and that's on crap teams. He'd be motivated to play harder here imo.