What FA pass rushers do you want to see come to this team?

kf3339

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2zyoznz9 said:
Ngkoue would be my first choice.

^ This.

I would do this as well. Him and Clowney would be a real terror to opposing QB's. Personally I would let Reed walk to free up money for Ngkoue and perhaps go for Gerald McCoy as our short term 3tech for a more reasonable price as he still pushes the interior pocket on QB's. Put those three together with Ford or Mone and you have a potential dominant line. Add in Jefferson and Al Wood for very cap friendly contracts and we are in business.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
kf3339":2utum9wt said:
Cyrus12":2utum9wt said:
Ngkoue would be my first choice.

^ This.

I would do this as well. Him and Clowney would be a real terror to opposing QB's. Personally I would let Reed walk to free up money for Ngkoue and perhaps go for Gerald McCoy as our short term 3tech for a more reasonable price as he still pushes the interior pocket on QB's. Put those three together with Ford or Mone and you have a potential dominant line. Add in Jefferson and Al Wood for very cap friendly contracts and we are in business.

Sounds good to me. We might pick up more $ if they increase the cap limit, as I hear they are considering. That should help us with a killer CB that we desperately need for our secondary. I'm not seeing that level in any of our projects.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stated in another thread the first drafts of where F.A.'s may go is out with Indy, Arizona and Atlanta being active players and then New England. Bill will hold out signing guys till Arizona and Indy throw money at the first few, oh and Las Vegas that is going to take getting used to is also slated to be active.

We will wait till the third tier guys are left after much hand wringing on this board of why we didn't give guys 200 million dollar contracts lol.

sdog1981

Reaction score
STOP posting about Ngakoue. HE WILL NOT BE A FREE AGENT!!!!!!!

The dude is 24, he is going to get a max deal and be franchised at least two more times.

Tical21

Reaction score
knownone":2wrc8vcy said:
Tical21":2wrc8vcy said:
Screw Clowney at 23 mil. That’s toxic. I’m with Mista. All in on Bud Dupree. Consolation prizes would be Quinn and Judon
I would have serious doubts about John Schneider if he let Clowney walk for Dupree. Dupree's pass-rush win rate is 13.1% which is worse than Quinton Jefferson (16%) and Clowney (25%).
PRWR is based on the shape of the pocket after 2.5 seconds. I'd argue not every "win" is created equal, and the ideal metric would be Pass Rush Disengagement Rate.

BASF

Reaction score
sdog1981":3g8q6hn1 said:

The dude is 24, he is going to get a max deal and be franchised at least two more times.

What I have seen coming out of Jacksonville is that he is extremely pissed off at how their front office handled initial offers and that he may not want to play for them anymore. Possibly to the point that he will not sign a franchise tender. If that comes to pass, I want Seattle to be there to pick up the pieces. He is the real deal and worth the money that everyone expects us to offer Clowney.

hburn21

Reaction score
sdog1981":p4fwwubh said:

Jacksonville has shown they consistently don’t keep talent and that they will trade top talent away. If I’m Seattle I easily trade a 1st to Jacksonville for a franchised Ngakoue

getnasty

Reaction score
sdog1981":tlrkvby5 said:

I tend to agree with you but would have thought the same about Clowney last year.

Fade

Reaction score
hburn21":2e0m69n4 said:
sdog1981":2e0m69n4 said:

Jacksonville has shown they consistently don’t keep talent and that they will trade top talent away. If I’m Seattle I easily trade a 1st to Jacksonville for a franchised Ngakoue

A late 1? Not enough.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
BASF":1f2v95y3 said:
sdog1981":1f2v95y3 said:

What I have seen coming out of Jacksonville is that he is extremely pissed off at how their front office handled initial offers and that he may not want to play for them anymore. Possibly to the point that he will not sign a franchise tender. If that comes to pass, I want Seattle to be there to pick up the pieces. He is the real deal and worth the money that everyone expects us to offer Clowney.

Definitely believable considering what Tom Coughlin has supposedly done to the culture over there, it's no surprise that Ramsey wanted out, pretty sure a lot more are soon to follow.

sdog1981

Reaction score
getnasty":2kjrvuun said:
sdog1981":2kjrvuun said:

I tend to agree with you but would have thought the same about Clowney last year.

Clowney has been a bust since his rookie year, so it was easy to get him.

BASF

Reaction score
sdog1981":16ns3baq said:
getnasty":16ns3baq said:
sdog1981":16ns3baq said:

See, I am not so sure about that. I have already posted about how I do not want them to overpay for Clowney because his production was not there, specifically in sacks and QB hits. However, if he was being asked to pressure the linemen to give Watt and Mercilus more opportunities he was very successful. He was in the top ten for tackles for loss and solo tackles by a DE each of his years in Houston. If their scheme was dictating that he was not the one to get to the QB but penetrate forcing things in the other direction, then he did his job well. In 2017 when he did not have Watt and Mercilus to get to the QB, he finished a respectable nineteenth in sacks and QB hits with no one else in the front seven to be double teamed.

massari

Reaction score
What does everyone think about trading the 1st (27) + 2nd (64) for Ngakoue ($20M APY) to start opposite Clowney ($20M APY)?

It's basically a reversal of the Frank Clark trade which most of us seemed to love at the time, and probably still love if Collier or Ansah showed something.

So, is he that much better than some of the other top FA's to warrant giving up a couple of high picks?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bring in Robert Quinn so Russell doesn't have to seem him across the line in a game.
Quinn terrorized Russell and the Hawks when with the Rams.

knownone

Reaction score
massari":1onw0utw said:
What does everyone think about trading the 1st (27) + 2nd (64) for Ngakoue ($20M APY) to start opposite Clowney ($20M APY)?

It's basically a reversal of the Frank Clark trade which most of us seemed to love at the time, and probably still love if Collier or Ansah showed something.

So, is he that much better than some of the other top FA's to warrant giving up a couple of high picks?
I would rather sign a lower tier pass rusher in free agency than give up all those picks to pay Ngakoue 20M.

seabowl

Reaction score
knownone":3seq0196 said:
massari":3seq0196 said:

I would rather sign a lower tier pass rusher in free agency than give up all those picks to pay Ngakoue 20M.

Absolutely agree. Those trade picks and sign to a large deal rarely pay off. Reminds me of the Branch trade and in our favor the Galloway trade. Flat out the team needs to do a better job of drafting. Collier and Rasheem Green have severely underperformed based on where they were drafted.

getnasty

Reaction score
sdog1981":2mdt3wpv said:
getnasty":2mdt3wpv said:
sdog1981":2mdt3wpv said:

Both will be free agents both will get big money. If you look at every top 50 free agent list out there Clowney comes in ranked higher then Ngakoue so if Clowney's a bust then i guess Ngakoue is too?

getnasty

Reaction score
massari":62sakzqt said:

You could just sign Fowler, Armstead for cheaper and keep the picks.

Latest posts