Welcome Back Christine Michael

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm actually pretty excited about this right now.

RCATES

Reaction score
I see the Dallas situation differently because they had no passing game with Romo out. Running game didn't stand a chance with 8 in the box. I'm taking the lets wait and see approach with CM. Our o-line has improved greatly. Wilson is throwing darts. If there was ever a time for C-Mike to make a impact its now.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
bmorepunk":19vfhins said:
Hopefully the "Michael will come back to haunt us" crew won't be right in a roundabout way and he does something stupid that costs the team too much. It's bad for the team and those people would be right. Double loss.
Dangit, you beat me to it.

I don't think he will even be involved enough to hurt us. I think it's more insurance against additional RB injuries.

crosfam

Reaction score
Could you imagine the news coverage if he goes for 103 yards, a TD, and we win the game? Cable will get scheduled for HC interviews overnight.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Hold on to the ball. Just... hold.. on.. to.. the.. ball. Shows the importance of not burning bridges when you lose your roster spot in the nfl. Coleman, Michael and Brown... Going to be a fun Sunday.

Chapow

Reaction score
RCATES":3dvnmc1n said:
I see the Dallas situation differently because they had no passing game with Romo out. Running game didn't stand a chance with 8 in the box. I'm taking the lets wait and see approach with CM. Our o-line has improved greatly. Wilson is throwing darts. If there was ever a time for C-Mike to make a impact its now.

Um, no. Apparently their running game did stand a chance because an old, washed up, injury prone Darren McFadden was able to step in and do pretty damn well.

kobebryant

Reaction score
daveyoung52":15bfc1hc said:
Hawks and Redskins seem to have a bit of a connection,even i saw this coming.

Released McCoy when Jimmy went down. Helped the Hawks jump the Texans to get Lockett.

Cartire

Reaction score
Chapow":2bvzc73z said:
RCATES":2bvzc73z said:

Um, no. Apparently their running game did stand a chance because an old, washed up, injury prone Darren McFadden was able to step in and do pretty damn well.

And Turbin, who was signed after Michaels, is still the #2.

kearly

Reaction score
kobebryant":dccm5xdi said:
daveyoung52":dccm5xdi said:

Released McCoy when Jimmy went down. Helped the Hawks jump the Texans to get Lockett.

McCloughan is the man.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":15c9nc9r said:
I think this was the plan all along. Sell Michael to the league as some dumb shmuck with ball handling issues when in reality he is the second coming of AP, only smarter. We send him on a tour of NFC opponents as a spy with instructions to keep his skills and smarts under wraps. He's so smart, he only needs a week or two to learn the entire playbook. Bring him back in and glean lots of info from him, before turning him loose for real. John and Pete are so good they even got a draft pick out of the deal.

-bsd

Riiiight!!!

He's probably forgotten most of the protections, plays, and where he has to line up.

I suspect he won't be here long. No more free ride.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1wdqhvqo said:
I didn't see that one coming. Which is also what Michael tells Wilson after a blitz.
:eek:verhead_clap: :eek:verhead_clap:

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I've been very harsh on Michaels since his first year with all his antics on the field, but I'll give Michaels credit for one thing. When he was traded by the Hawks, he didn't burn his bridges behind him by bad-mouthing Carroll and the Hawks organization in the media but was fairly complimentary.

For a guy who's had immaturity problems during his first couple years in the league, that was a very mature move on his part. He's employed today because he didn't burn his bridges with the Hawks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":zqqzrhqn said:
kobebryant":zqqzrhqn said:
daveyoung52":zqqzrhqn said:

McCloughan is the man.

Scott will call this favor in come draft time, IMO, and we will be overpaying for a move in some way.

Which is fine.

kearly

Reaction score
I liked Michael before he was drafted, and I was pumped to see Seattle draft him. I thought Michael showed some exciting things in his first preseason. But since then, it's been a steady descent to Bustville, mainly because Michael has been such a slow learner. Michael did show some improvement in pass protection and ball security technique this last preseason, but still made several glaring mistakes and it was clear the coaches were out of patience.

So I am pretty surprised to see Michael back.

Even though I once liked Michael a lot, I was at peace with the Michael trade when it went down because it seemed that Michael didn't fit the identity Seattle wanted. He wasn't Marshawn Lynch or even a passable imitation. Michael was more suited to a finesse style of running game.

Thomas Rawls would be every bit as good at flag football as real football. Whereas Lynch seeks contact, Rawls sought contact only when it was the wisest course of action. Rawls is to contact what Wilson is to running. He's very good at it, but it will always be 'plan B.' Rawls dominated the NFL (#1 in RB DYAR) with his ability to feel blocks and sidewind his way around defenders. He was fantastic primarily because of his ability to elude contact. He was always looking for a way to get around and behind almost every defender in his path, when such an outcome was possible.

Rawls reminded us that Cable's scheme has had success with quick RB as well as bruisers. We had forgotten, but a very similar style of RB to Rawls is Warrick Dunn, who was incredibly successful with Tom Cable in Atlanta. Dunn was also an undersized but quick RB who excelled at feeling out his blocks and maximizing yardage.

The offense has also changed to a more wide open style that allows Wilson to more effectively audible to the run.

I think if the team lets Michael be Michael in the current scheme and environment, instead of thinking of him as Lynch, he has a chance to be effective. Of course, there are still concerns about him having boneheaded moments in games, but whereas it felt like Michael didn't fit the scheme in August, now it seems like a finesse back like Michael might actually fit a pass first, spread offense that had shown great effectiveness with a quick RB.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Crazy how fast and exciting this was in camp and preseason. Hopefully he looks at tape from Rawls and learns to just shoot the gaps and trust his blockers. Im just not convinced he sees the holes.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2hgmjh88 said:
Scott will call this favor in come draft time, IMO, and we will be overpaying for a move in some way.

Which is fine.

Well, he did get a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th from Seattle for his 3rd round pick last year. The Jimmy Johnson trade chart says it was a fair deal, but only because said chart values late picks like toilet paper. At the time a lot of people accused JS of paying too much to help an old buddy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube]baUZG_7C6Pc[/youtube]

I post this highlight clip for two reasons.

1. Whenever the Hawks sign a new player someone puts their highlights in the thread and .netters comment.
2. This is a good reminder that highlight videos from youtube never tell the full story on a player.