Welcome Back Christine Michael

Cyrus12

Reaction score
wow...would rather have had Julius Jones, Mo Morris, Josh Scobey, or Fred MCcrary....You just know this bust is gonna fumble and cost us at the most crucial time....BUST BUST BUST

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Hawks and Redskins seem to have a bit of a connection,even i saw this coming.

Rat

Reaction score
It'd be funny if we draw the Redskins in the playoffs, and Michael goes off for 150 and 2 TDs.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am in the technology space, so I work with a lot of startups.

So a part of me never wants to see someone have to give up their dream.

Michael had some issues, but I keep rolling back to when he was just coming out of A&M and how thrilled he was to even be TALKING to the Seahawks. There was a moment then, we kind of wanted to love him.

And he has some of the things you want in a great RB, he has quickness, he is fast and he can get through the hole. Just that damn fumbling thing...and some of the weird other stuff that happens away from the game time that for some reason makes people dislike him (I won't pretend to know what that is).

The truth is, he just needs to keep the ship upright while Lynch recovers. If Lynch can come back at 80-100% in the playoffs we have a chance. But we need to have enough of a run threat to keep the opponent from pinning their ears back and to stretch out our drives so we don't wear down our defense right before the playoffs start.

Now look around the league, look at how many teams are struggling just to field an average run game. And ask yourself, if a good RB was available - wouldn't they have been snapped up by now by a team in need? So whatever is available is going to have flaws. We need guys with the flaws we can live with or the some potential we can possibly wrest from what is there.

We don't really need a guy to hopefully turn better in 1-2 years. We have great scouting for RB (clearly) and Rawls+Lynch is still a really good option (assuming we can afford to keep Lynch, fingers crossed). We just need someone to keep the lights on at RB, get 3-4 yards when needed, covert the short yardage stuff and occasionally break a 10+ when we rip a big hole. Bonus points for someone that can catch the ball.

We know the problems with Michael, and yet he stuck on the roster because the benefit of keeping him outweighed some of those problems. I am hoping that maybe getting back into a supportive atmosphere (because regardless of the personal opinion of Cable we NEED Michael to be effective here at least for a little while) will result in some changes in his own preparation, work and production that can help.

We don't need the guy to be Barry Sanders, Curt Warner or even Chris Warren (sp?) just be a crappier Derrick Fenner.

Still would have liked to see them take a flyer on that former EWU RB that showed a few flashes a year or two ago but I feel better with Michael in there than Harris.

HawkJay

Reaction score
This has got Michael having a break out game this weekend written all over it. Have never been convinced by him but sometimes strange things just happen. He's going to run all over the Browns lol

Cyrus12

Reaction score
HawkJay":fyws3jfa said:
This has got Michael having a break out game this weekend written all over it. Have never been convinced by him but sometimes strange things just happen. He's going to run all over the Browns lol
...or fumble the ball 3 or 4 times...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think this was the plan all along. Sell Michael to the league as some dumb shmuck with ball handling issues when in reality he is the second coming of AP, only smarter. We send him on a tour of NFC opponents as a spy with instructions to keep his skills and smarts under wraps. He's so smart, he only needs a week or two to learn the entire playbook. Bring him back in and glean lots of info from him, before turning him loose for real. John and Pete are so good they even got a draft pick out of the deal.

-bsd

Cartire

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3pmvzegj said:
HawkJay":3pmvzegj said:

Thats what im expecting.

the guy who couldnt learn our playbook while he was here for over a year, is all of a sudden going to come back after 3 months and pick it all up, no problem...... Yea, I'll believe that :sarcasm_on:

Cartire

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2uupquh7 said:
I think this was the plan all along. Sell Michael to the league as some dumb shmuck with ball handling issues when in reality he is the second coming of AP, only smarter. We send him on a tour of NFC opponents as a spy with instructions to keep his skills and smarts under wraps. He's so smart, he only needs a week or two to learn the entire playbook. Bring him back in and glean lots of info from him, before turning him loose for real. John and Pete are so good they even got a draft pick out of the deal.

-bsd

You forgot sarcasm emoji

iigakusei

Reaction score
Calling it right now he will not touch the ball in a Hawks uniform.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkJay":2v6ruj53 said:

Or be inactive.

Either or

RCATES

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1blr78b8 said:
wow...would rather have had Julius Jones, Mo Morris, Josh Scobey, or Fred MCcrary....You just know this bust is gonna fumble and cost us at the most crucial time....BUST BUST BUST

Jeez the success of this team the last few years have created too many fans like this guy^

From today.... Michael: "It's a humbling experience. I'm here to work and give all I have. That's all I want to do."

Chapow

Reaction score
Cyrus12":pe1dgifi said:
HawkJay":pe1dgifi said:

...or not even be active on gameday like many times last season...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He could just as easily hit a home run.

From his interview and some of those weird twitter photos where he is wearing the flag, he seems like an emotional guy.

That can be a double edged sword.

But anyone that plays sports can tell you how important confidence is to production. Getting cut is like getting dumped, it can shell your confidence.

I can see him going into a new club, after getting cut, and being angry/frustrated even scared that he might not be good enough. And thoughts like that tend to turn into self fulfilling prophecies. It is a little bit of human tendency to steer toward what you try too hard to avoid.

But being brought back here, can reopen the door and because if you truly are not good enough - people don't call you back. Not saying it will work out, but I wouldn't immediately push that because he could not stick in Dallas or Washington he cannot be effective for us.

Carroll is a college coach at heart, and he is the exact kind of person to be able to take someone with confidence issues and make them produce. And maybe some of our coaches will limit the amount of cognitive load on him, so he can produce in spite of the issues with ingesting the playbook.

I AM hoping that pulling him off the field will not immediately signal to every DC and their grandpa that we will be passing on the next down, because I notice we used to pull RBs with pass pro issues before pass downs, which became a screaming tell.

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe Christine Michael will have a revelation like Ricardo Lockette did. Lockette thought he had it made once he got off the PS and thought he was more than he really was to the team. He got let go, kicked it with a few teams and came back to become a ST demon (and the go to guy for a SB-winning TD .. I know, I am a jerk.).

Chapow

Reaction score
FanSince82":s5iwfae5 said:
Yay, no-risk-no-reward retreads that offer no conceivable benefit to the team.

It's all on you, Russ. Let's pray for Marshawn's abdomen.

What were you expecting? They had to add some depth and there's not really a lot of great options out there for available free agent/practice squad RB's in mid December.

I disagree with your "no-risk-no-reward retreads" description of Brown though. He has torn it up over the course of a couple games in the past, maybe he can do it again.

Who should they have picked up instead?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Twisted Husky wrote...

Now look around the league, look at how many teams are struggling just to field an average run game. And ask yourself, if a good RB was available - wouldn't they have been snapped up by now by a team in need? So whatever is available is going to have flaws. We need guys with the flaws we can live with or the some potential we can possibly wrest from what is there.

I write....the flaws they see and know about CM they can work with. That can play to our advantage and if they play their cards in the way PC and that other dude can, we will end up all the better. Have them put in the calls that allow the players to succeed rather than fail.

I also think that with the front like operating as it is, it will allow for holes that both backs can exploit.

Chapow

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":egpxuufe said:
Chapow":egpxuufe said:
Cyrus12":egpxuufe said:
HawkJay":egpxuufe said:

...or not even be active on gameday like many times last season...

That was circumstance. Not getting carries at RB and doesn't play ST. He has a chance to be lead back this time.

Yes, it was circumstance. The circumstance was that he wasn't good enough or valuable enough to the team to be active on gameday.

I hope things are different this time around, but I doubt it. He had every chance to take the starting RB job earlier this season in Dallas and couldn't do it. They were decimated by injuries at the RB position and he couldn't even stay on the team as a number 2 or number 3. They cut him when they were desperate for RB's.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cartire":2bsl1ohf said:
You forgot sarcasm emoji

Figured it was obvious enough to be unnecessary.

But in all seriousness, it is possible that he does better in our current offense. No longer are we solely a ball control, pound the rock to set up the big pass, type of offense. If he can come in and play a complimentary role to our passing attack, he may do better than when we needed him to fit into our primarily running attack with a complimentary passing game.

-bsd

Latest posts