We need to have one horrible, 4-12 season.

iigakusei

Reaction score
It better not be next year when we don't have a 1st round pick.
Also - I think the floor with Russ and Pete is a 8-9 season (17 games).

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Certainly, that 2-14 season in 1992 resulted in an extended period of prosperity, and the First Golden Age of the Seahawks.

Oh wait, it was just the opposite.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Why not...because the draft is so easy to use to predict success. :roll:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bad teams tend to stay bad.

Also, the good pick would just go to the Jets.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":eh0oe2xu said:
So we can pick a 3rd round talent with a top 5 pick?

Seahawks took two consensus guys in 2010 when they had their highest picks. I don't think they'd go mega-reach at the top of the first.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Arguing personnel and ways to get it is irrelevant. At the end of the day, we are

1) vanilla and simplistic in scheme
2) predictable
3) don’t adjust in game
4) Telegraph our hikes by consistently running the clock down to 1-2 seconds
5) can’t get our team mentally ready to play 4 quarters of football.

Until you solve those issues, and they are ALL of them on coaching, an early playoff exit is about the best we can hope for barring an obscene amount of luck.

And there is precisely zero amount of evidence to show any of it will be corrected by vanilla man in chief Pete Carroll as HC

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":2nbcm7d9 said:
Arguing personnel and ways to get it is irrelevant. At the end of the day, we are

2) predictable
3) don’t adjust in game

Until you solve those issues, and they are ALL of them on coaching, an early playoff exit is about the best we can hope for barring an obscene amount of luck.

And there is precisely zero amount of evidence to show any of it will be corrected by vanilla man in chief Pete Carroll as HC
Why do people use this term still? It's not 1940. SNAP. It's not a hike count, it's a snap count. The referee doesn't say "prior to the Hike, false start......." Not to single you out specifically, but I see it often and don't understand why

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":iaatdp70 said:
Hawaii-hawk":iaatdp70 said:

2) predictable
3) don’t adjust in game

Why do people use this term still? It's not 1940. SNAP. It's not a hike count, it's a snap count. The referee doesn't say "prior to the Hike, false start......." Not to single you out specifically, but I see it often and don't understand why

My guess is because when the quarterback asks for the snap he says “hike!”

Either way doesn’t bother me though

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Didn’t Adams get traded for two first rounders and a third round?

Going 4-12 is not going to improve this team.

Better to go one and done in playoffs than to go 4-12 and give the high first rounder to Robert Saleh and the Jets.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Why wish a 4-12 season when you can wish for 16-0? Most teams that go 4-12 aren't going 12-4 the next year or the year after that.

irfuben32

Reaction score
We got a top 10 pick talent at the end of the second round. We just burned another year on his rookie deal by getting out-coached in the playoffs again.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Not this season.
Id be fine with a bad season the year after. Look at how it benefits the 49ers

Fade

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":j4b9x79o said:

2) predictable
3) don’t adjust in game

Wow. Someone who actually watches the games. You should post more. :irishdrinkers:

Except point 5. I think they are ready to play, and the players are playing hard. they are just getting outschemed so they end up looking bad for larges stretches of the game.

Teahawks

Reaction score
And what if that 4-12 season is for naught?

I understand the concept of playing the long game (which, we seem to do a decent job of and are never in salary cap hell), but you also want to enjoy the process along the way. Only 1 team of 32 can win the SB, so if that's your bar you're going to be often disappointed.

If you'd rather watch football on Sundays knowing your team is going to always have a chance to win, then that is living for the moment and not banking on a "what could be".

The concept of a tank is interesting, but much more so in baseball where you have 160 games and get to mess around with dozens of roster combos. When you get just 16 games, it sucks.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2kn6lgps said:
Not this season.
Id be fine with a bad season the year after. Look at how it benefits the 49ers

The Lynch/Shanahan regime has gone 6-10, 4-12, 13-3, and 6-10.

In that same time period, drafting no higher than 27th, the Seahawks have gone 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 and 12-4.

It's a fallacy to think you need to draft high in order to be good.
It's about organizational strength in the front office, then extended to the HC and QB.

That's why most seasons you generally see the same teams in the dance every year, as they're the consistently strong franchises , and are rarely picking high-Saints, Packers, Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers, Patriots. Some other teams may rise and fall , but there is generally the same teams in the mix most years.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
A 4 win season will never happen as long as Wilson is behind center. If the bottom fell out, the team would still win 8 games.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think we have too much talent on this team to go 4-12. On the other hand, looking back at our games the past 2 years, despite our glossy record we could easily have been short of wins to losses. Scheme is at least part of that.
I've never been a big fan of soft zone defense, and I know we have a problem with play calls on offense, particularly on third down reads.

Latest posts