We lost a good player

chris98251

Reaction score
If we traded with the Jets we would have traded back down and got a lower 1st and a 2nd and maybe another later rounder, John does not want a contract like that to deal with and guaranteed money.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
We lost a good player, but for once we actually got something back for them and didn't have to be the ones making them the 3rd highest paid defensive player in the league.

Tical21

Reaction score
It isn't so much to me that we lost a good player, it's that we lost a 'bad mother', and we really only had two left. Now, our greatest need doesn't play any singular position, we desperately need more bad mothers.

ivotuk

Reaction score
getnasty":1du0o6na said:
Atradees":1du0o6na said:
2.5 sacks against the Raiders........sometimes stats are deceiving. He was a good player. He is being paid like a Great player. Now we are spinning about 5 picks out of Clark. That should get us at least one awesome player. I didnt like that Clark didnt want to play when franchised. Had to deal him. He forced our hand.

If Frank Clark doesn't get credit for sacks against the Raiders first round draft pick Kolten Miller does Aaron Donald lose all of his sacks against a Tom Cable lead OL? All good pass rushers pray on mediorce talent.

A first rounder that got beat like a drum all season long. Poor kid, being coached by Cable, he's screwed. We spanked their Oline last year.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I liked Clark too but the Jets are hardly the barometer to determine who is a great player. The Jets have proven they don’t understand the draft or how to build a team

Largent80

Reaction score
It wasn't a deal with the Jets that was ever going to happen. I'm happy we got what we did. Next year (as of right now) we have 2 picks in EVERY round after the first. AND tons of cap room.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm worried about the pass rush without Clark but so many teams just throw fast quick hitters against us I'm not sure pass rush was out greatest issue. I'm hoping guys like Reed and Poona continue their difficult to black ways and create interior pass rush which is far more disruptive to the McVay scheming. A gap pressure really throws off statue QB's like Goff.

A-Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":bu343g5e said:
According to Twitter and the broadcast report from it, Frank Clark was good enough the Jets were willing to flip 1sts with us to get him.

To clarify, that means they were willing to give up the #3 pick in the draft for him, in exchange for whatever midrange #1 pick we had and Frank Clark.

That actually might have been better than the glorified 2 2nd round picks we got for him.

Either way, the Jets have a solid defense. If they think Clark is a stud. He is a stud.

And he is.
This is extremely doubtful. If they offered that and we psssed then we’re idiots. If they were indeed talking with the hawks there was more to it than this.

toffee

Reaction score
We lost not a good player but a very good player; what we did not lost was a generational player, or a HOF player. We got compensated for losing a very good player, so time to move on.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":9vvgz506 said:
It isn't so much to me that we lost a good player, it's that we lost a 'bad mother', and we really only had two left. Now, our greatest need doesn't play any singular position, we desperately need more bad mothers.

Wow....so that is all there is to it?

Guess we should be pulling hard to get TJack and Browner back once they get out of prison? :roll:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Frank Clark is a damn good Defensive End. But except for a QB, 1 players does not a SuperB Owl team make.

I'm of the belief that the Defensive Tackle is becoming more important in the defense than they used to be, and the scale of importance difference between DE and DT is beginning to shift due to the change in offensive philosophy.

Pressure up the middle is becoming more important, and I believe that the talent we currently have on the defensive line, along with the prospect of a talented rookie, is what allowed Pete and John to deal Frank Clark.

toffee

Reaction score
ivotuk":19615m0l said:
Frank Clark is a damn good Defensive End. But except for a QB, 1 players does not a SuperB Owl team make.

I'm of the belief that the Defensive Tackle is becoming more important in the defense than they used to be, and the scale of importance difference between DE and DT is beginning to shift due to the change in offensive philosophy.

Pressure up the middle is becoming more important, and I believe that the talent we currently have on the defensive line, along with the prospect of a talented rookie, is what allowed Pete and John to deal Frank Clark.

If Reed can play at the same level as last season and Poona continue his progression, those two backed up by Bobby in the middle, we could be fine there.

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":3cztevo6 said:
ivotuk":3cztevo6 said:

If Reed can play at the same level as last season and Poona continue his progression, those two backed up by Bobby in the middle, we could be fine there.
That 'iron triangle' in the middle was a huge part of Lofa Tatupa's game. When the D-line kept him clean, he was a tackling machine and could run down just about anybody. Would love to get that for Wags. Without solid DT's, the MLB position can be hard for anybody to play.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A-Dog":36v8p4nz said:
TwistedHusky":36v8p4nz said:
According to Twitter and the broadcast report from it, Frank Clark was good enough the Jets were willing to flip 1sts with us to get him.

To clarify, that means they were willing to give up the #3 pick in the draft for him, in exchange for whatever midrange #1 pick we had and Frank Clark.

That actually might have been better than the glorified 2 2nd round picks we got for him.

Either way, the Jets have a solid defense. If they think Clark is a stud. He is a stud.

And he is.
This is extremely doubtful. If they offered that and we psssed then we’re idiots. If they were indeed talking with the hawks there was more to it than this.

I'm not sure that it is THAT doubtful. Jets are reportedly wanting to trade down, and Clark is a premier end.

It could be that Clark wouldn't sign with them if dealt, and was using that leverage to get himself to a contender.

el capitan

Reaction score
Tical21":q2bzon8i said:

I know what you're saying dude. Tyreek Hill might be available real soon, he's a bad father, does that count?

Jk

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Tical21":2si66rh1 said:

If it's any consolation, this was in one of the write-ups on Collier:

“When I get on the field, I’m a different person,” Collier said, smiling. “I lock in and I’m ready to go. I’ve always been the meanest guy on the field and that’s how I handle it -- being the meanest guy.”

And most of what I've found backs up his "bad mofo" attitude.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":31967yuy said:
Tical21":31967yuy said:

If it's any consolation, this was in one of the write-ups on Collier:

“When I get on the field, I’m a different person,” Collier said, smiling. “I lock in and I’m ready to go. I’ve always been the meanest guy on the field and that’s how I handle it -- being the meanest guy.”

And most of what I've found backs up his "bad mofo" attitude.

I still find it unlikely he'll get double-digit sacks in his rookie year.

Tical21

Reaction score
I find it pretty unlikely he gets double-digit sacks in any year, but playing next to Reed, that's two pretty bad mothers on a d--line. For all the great things Frank did, he took a lot of risks on the edge and it burned us at times in the run game. Run defense should get an instant boost from this. I think they view Collier more as an inside rusher than anything, and it wouldn't surprise me if Naz/Jefferson continue at 5-tech for a while.

warden

Reaction score
Yep we lost a very good player just as he was starting to enter his prime at the age of 25

Latest posts