We lost a good player

getnasty

Reaction score
Not mad about the trade actaully quite the opposite but i think we lost the best pass rusher the Hawks have seen in a really really long time. Time will tell and of course a couple of draft picks and an extra 16 mil a year sure help but sucks losing a player like that in his prime.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Yes.

Standard answer is you can't pay them all...

Really, it all depends on what kind of gold they can spin those picks into.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yes we did. But after Russ’s deal, it was gonna be next to impossible to keep him. Cheap labor is what it’s all about in today’s NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
You all say this about money, but Amazon and others are pushing for a piece of the action now as well, that means more money in the pot and the Cap will go up, 200 million in two years I'll wager and then Wilson will also look like a bargain that puts this argument in the weeds.

Atradees

Reaction score
2.5 sacks against the Raiders........sometimes stats are deceiving. He was a good player. He is being paid like a Great player. Now we are spinning about 5 picks out of Clark. That should get us at least one awesome player. I didnt like that Clark didnt want to play when franchised. Had to deal him. He forced our hand.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Atradees":p786evfx said:
2.5 sacks against the Raiders........sometimes stats are deceiving. He was a good player. He is being paid like a Great player. Now we are spinning about 5 picks out of Clark. That should get us at least one awesome player. I didnt like that Clark didnt want to play when franchised. Had to deal him. He forced our hand.

If Frank Clark doesn't get credit for sacks against the Raiders first round draft pick Kolten Miller does Aaron Donald lose all of his sacks against a Tom Cable lead OL? All good pass rushers pray on mediorce talent.

Atradees

Reaction score
getnasty":3hmcvn0j said:
Atradees":3hmcvn0j said:

If Frank Clark doesn't get credit for sacks against the Raiders first round draft pick Kolten Miller does Aaron Donald lose all of his sacks against a Tom Cable lead OL? All good pass rushers pray on mediorce talent.

1. Yes.

2. Clark acted like we didnt want him when we didnt hand him 21 million a season. We didnt need an Antonio Brown like malcontent for a season.

toffee

Reaction score
Kinger95":1l2og7f1 said:
I miss earl too

Earl misses us too
d459d241a6de59dc1d930a2c99747681.jpg

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
According to Twitter and the broadcast report from it, Frank Clark was good enough the Jets were willing to flip 1sts with us to get him.

To clarify, that means they were willing to give up the #3 pick in the draft for him, in exchange for whatever midrange #1 pick we had and Frank Clark.

That actually might have been better than the glorified 2 2nd round picks we got for him.

Either way, the Jets have a solid defense. If they think Clark is a stud. He is a stud.

And he is.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’m sure the Patriots had a tough time letting Chandler Jones go too. For much less mind you.

TreeRon

Reaction score
James in PA":23uz3iuy said:
Yes we did. But after Russ’s deal, it was gonna be next to impossible to keep him. Cheap labor is what it’s all about in today’s NFL.

It is as much about Wagner and Reeds future deals as it is Russ'.

Atradees

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ogingz9 said:
According to Twitter and the broadcast report from it, Frank Clark was good enough the Jets were willing to flip 1sts with us to get him.

To clarify, that means they were willing to give up the #3 pick in the draft for him, in exchange for whatever midrange #1 pick we had and Frank Clark.

That actually might have been better than the glorified 2 2nd round picks we got for him.

Either way, the Jets have a solid defense. If they think Clark is a stud. He is a stud.

And he is.

AND somebody was gonna trade with us on the Penny pick. But then, it never really happened did it?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
getnasty":mdlpk63z said:
Atradees":mdlpk63z said:

Such nonsense... Donald is a once in a generation talent.... Frank is not.... Period.

rcaido

Reaction score
Bennett was so much better pass rusher then Clark. Be happy we got an awesome deal.

Hard to believe on the Jets deal, seem like we could have flipped that for far more compared to the Chiefs offer.

Elemas

Reaction score
It sucks to lose Frank. I agree that some of his stats were "padded" against teams like Oakland (some of the comments I've read) but, his effectiveness can't be denied.

He was a valuable asset to the Hawks and will be missed. With that said, I'm happy with the trade. Different division...I hope he faceplants Brady...especially in the AFC title game if it comes to that. He's due to make a lot more $$ in KC than he would've here.

We freed up some cap space, grabbed a couple of picks, and with JS and Pete leading the charge, will likely manage to draft some hidden gems.

The transition this team has faced...LOB, resigning Wilson, etc...is nothing short of cardiac territory.

Good luck Frank!

Faust

Reaction score
Now we have cap space to sign Wags and Reed. I wonder if Schneider learned from the last go round. You can't keep everyone, pay everyone, and make everyone happy...better to trade one or two players in their prime and get some draft capitol.

THE TABS

Reaction score
To those that say Clark “padded his stats” against mediocre blockers, go watch the Cowboys regular season win. He played like a boss against an all-pro tackle Tyron Smith.

He was NOT Michael Sinclair or Patrick Kearney.

That being said, the move was necessary, BUT we must hit on those picks.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I believe we caught the Chiefs in a 'win now' situation, and benefited from it. Good luck kid, we'll see ya around.

mikeak

Reaction score
I refuse to believe the Jets deal was really there

Maybe Jets wanted to do it but Frank wouldn't negotiate with them. Something besides the Seahawks wanting less value out of a deal happened.

Latest posts