We got Jadeveon Clowney !!!

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":3l4nbd00 said:
Sad to lose Martin.
He might be a starter for the Texans, and on several squads around the league. But here he's locked behind Bobby, KJ, and Kendricks for another year or two. Could work out well for him.

Hey, with this move maybe we can keep 'Queem! :twisted:

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
Basically we are getting Clowney for a thrid round pick we will get back as compensation next year if he leaves plus mingo salary and martin salary so his total cost is 12 million or so minus whatever both players traded made. Not bad

Hachtung

Reaction score
Pending physicals!!! Remember it was Houston and the Duane Brown deal that Houston ended up failing the Hawks defensive back (can’t remember his name) during physical that ended up us giving up more draft picks. That changed that trade considerably... Hope it doesn’t happen again...

getnasty

Reaction score
If wanted to be traded to Seattle, who's to say he doesn't sign long term? Seems like nobody gives us a shot to sign him and i don't know how it will work cap wise but i like our odds.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1167833880914739202[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
getnasty":o2t43tf2 said:
If wanted to be traded to Seattle, who's to say he doesn't sign long term? Seems like nobody gives us a shot to sign him and i don't know how it will work cap wise but i like our odds.
That's a good point. Thing is, we can't deal with him until next off season. Maybe he'll like being around, and practicing against, his buddy Duane Brown.

Cap-wise, we're not in bad shape overall since we just dumped a bunch of salary on defensive stars the past couple of years.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm fine with Mingo and a third but I liked Martin..He played his ass off
and always seemed around the play but that being said it keeps the
BBK killer on the team so I feel good.

kf3339

Reaction score
I must say we just about stole Clowney from the Texans! Just need to get him signed to a long term deal after the season and this will go down as one the most lopsided trades in NFL history.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2sa0oloi said:
As bad as I feel for Houston fans, I gotta be feeling worse for Miami fans.

They couldn't come up with a better deal than a couple of backup linebackers and a 3rd?

LOL

No clowney could decline going to miami which he did.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3ka6iiq4 said:
bigskydoc":3ka6iiq4 said:

They couldn't come up with a better deal than a couple of backup linebackers and a 3rd?

LOL

No clowney could decline going to miami which he did.

Yeah Clooney had houston by the balls. I almost feel bad for them.....almost

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1167835605100875776[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1167838098258059265[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":1sk0izze said:
HawkGA":1sk0izze said:
Sad to lose Martin.
He might be a starter for the Texans, and on several squads around the league. But here he's locked behind Bobby, KJ, and Kendricks for another year or two. Could work out well for him.

Hey, with this move maybe we can keep 'Queem! :twisted:

Interesting though that both of these players are really not DEs than LBs. But probably does free up room for Queen.

timmat

Reaction score
Great for us certainly, but I don’t think we really stole him or anything like that. Teams just aren’t willing to offer much for 1yr rental players. The incentive for the Hawks was higher because he said he wanted to play here, thus increasing chances of resigning after the season. But I’d bet there weren’t many options out there for Texans.

The interesting thing for next offseason is do the Hawks even want to pay $20 plus million for a D lineman who’s never had double digit sacks? Obviously D lineman can dominate in ways other than sacks, but that price range is usually reserved for the pass rush monsters.

Time will tell, but for now, this is so sweet and just another reason to get excited about the season.

And another nod to our organization and fans for making this team a desired destination for players of this caliber.

Cad

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1pv6wpzg said:

LOL

They probably did, but Clowney didn't want any part of that organization. Miami is one of the worst-run teams in the league, and have been for decades.

Latest posts