We got Jadeveon Clowney !!!

hawks85

Reaction score
This may be pushing it. I am not saying its going to happen but if everything goes well when its all said in done this 2019 Seahawks COULD be the best Defense in NFL history.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Pete and Ken really didn't want to talk about how the front 4 would line up and how Ziggy and Clowney will be used, but the depth chart is out at least. It lists Clowney as first-string DE ahead of Collier and Ansah as first-string Leo ahead of Green and Jackson.

Here's a vid that's fairly critical of Clowney as a pure pass-rusher, which might be why Ziggy might be more suited to Leo. On passing downs I think we'll see Clowney a lot as a spinner in the Nascar package.

[youtube]CAnV9eWEkU4[/youtube]

Here's another vid, a little more positive. Also, @Fade, this vid describes Clowney as playing 5-tech in several of the plays covered:

[youtube]RC-4JpyED44[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14xzld6w said:
Seymour":14xzld6w said:
Sgt. Largent":14xzld6w said:
McGruff":14xzld6w said:
Clowney is not undersized. His weight has fluctuated according to demands fro.255 to over 270.

Clowney and Ansah are almost the exactly same size.........6'5" and around 260-270.

It's one of the reasons JS identified them as the type of ends he wants, versatile freakish athletic but not undersized to get overmatched, yet can still pinch down and handle tackles in the run game and speed rushing.

Pinch down like Baldwin did while Kearse gave progress reports in SB 49 you mean??

:lol: :lol:

Exactly. I never understood why Doug took all the heat for that, the grossest part of the entire celebration was Kearse watching.

Maxresdefault
I absolutely loved that celebration, but then again I’m very immature for my age. 8)

Fade

Reaction score
A-Dog":2vdw9stf said:
@Fade, this vid describes Clowney as playing 5-tech in several of the plays covered:

[youtube]RC-4JpyED44[/youtube]

The Maven is calling it 5 technique. When he is clearly playing 6-7-8 technique.

And this is what I am talking about. It is annoying as hell.

As you know 5 tech is directly head up with the offensive tackle. Mirroring.

6361974175139340742gap34 raw

But it doesn't matter. Because it is clear as day in the Pittsburgh game he was playing 4i & 5 Tech at times, with a Sam to his outside.

Giphy

I was wrong.

It's looking like Clowney will move around a lot as expected, but if Ziggy & Clowney are both on the field at the same time in base, Clowney will play 5 Tech, and Ziggy will be the Leo. I have to see it first, they may just keep Ziggy as a DPR to keep him healthy.

sutz

Reaction score
Pete has been saying in his pressers that Ziggy will be on a pitch count, because he didn't get any pre-season. Certainly makes sense for the first couple of games.