Jadeveon Clowney

hawks85

Reaction score
This freaking guy. I would love to see Clowney back here, he had a good season with us. I guess Clowney is STILL a FA. The Ravens offered him a contract and I guess he's looking for a better deal. When is this guy gonna realize he isn't top money. He's still living in that I was the number overall pick in 2014 and I want big money.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He never lived up to his first round draft status, merely showing spurts here and there, including with us. If only he could bottle his raw talent into a more regular basis he could have been that player. Injury and effort seemed to derail him. I remember that one game when he was with us where it was like "holy sh*t!" and then disappeared again for the rest of the season.

NoGain

Reaction score
Pass. He had his chance with us. Inconsistent, too. Would probably be too expensive to be a rotation guy rather than any kind of a centerpiece of the line.

rcaido

Reaction score
Clowney played great for us. Seahawks strucked out on Ansah & LJ Collier making him getting all the double teams worthless.

I dont think Clowney would come back here though, he will go where the money is at.

bileever

Reaction score
Not for us anymore, I'm afraid.

But that 49ers game in November 2019. He was HUGE in that game. He recovered a fumble, had a strip sack, and five QB hits. Unfortunately, he didn't have many games like that. He finished the season with a whopping total of 3 sacks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not for us anymore, I'm afraid.

But that 49ers game in November 2019. He was HUGE in that game. He recovered a fumble, had a strip sack, and five QB hits. Unfortunately, he didn't have many games like that. He finished the season with a whopping total of 3 sacks.

Yeah that's the "Oh sh*t!" game I was thinking of. I remember saying if he could only play like that every game he would have been a first ballot Hall of Famer. Too bad the dude couldn't keep that intensity up game after game. I really rooted for him too when he was with us. I was always bummed he just couldn't seem to help but disappear for several games at a time.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Didn't he have a pick six as well in that one
Too bad that was the only game he was a force in
I will always remember that one but also the many many others he just wasn't in at ALL
Very hard pass

rcaido

Reaction score
He was constantly double team...If Ansah wasn't injured or if we drafted Sweat instead of Collier, our defense would have been so much better.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Have to agree with everyone, they're probably going to go with what they have.
Nwosu and Taylor should have 10ish each and then factor in everyone else.

I'm kind of excited to see what they can do.

toffee

Reaction score
Looks like Clowney signed a 1 year deal with the Ravens.
John did offer a multi year deal to Clowney after he played for us, he rejected our offer, instead signed a one year contract with Titan at lower value 13 mil, followed with one year deal with Browns, after that season, Browns gave him another 1 year deal at $11 mil.

Clowney didn't manage his career well, on and off the field.

olyfan63

Reaction score
John did offer a multi year deal to Clowney after he played for us, he rejected our offer, instead signed a one year contract with Titan at lower value 13 mil, followed with one year deal with Browns, after that season, Browns gave him another 1 year deal at $11 mil.

Clowney didn't manage his career well, on and off the field.
Do you know... is Clowney a dude who blows his money on temporary high-life lifestyle off the field, or has he secretly bought the Tuohy's restaurant franchises and is a business and real estate tycoon? Someone who invested their $10M+ per season well could be doing pretty well. His career earnings are reportedly about $81M.

Any idea what was in the Hawks' offer to Clowney that he chose to go elsewhere? Lack of guarantees? Incentives that Clowney didn't want to have to reach?

olyfan63

Reaction score
He absolutely WRECKED that 9ers game!! Ended up like Percy and Graham though…. a big play or two, but never lived up to the hype (or contract).
Would you agree that Graham's body of work was the best of the three? Not great at blocking, but when used for what he did well, he had good numbers.