Watching Mahomes/Allen, I like Wilson less

Ambrose83

Reaction score
chris98251":37y9dli5 said:
SoulfishHawk":37y9dli5 said:
Running for his life and making spectacular things happen. That sure sounds like Russ. How in the world can anyone not understand that we have seen the spectacular on a regular basis for a decade? And with what has had to work with?
Do people even watch the game? Russ has never had a TE even CLOSE to Kelsey.

That being said, I think Mahomes and Allen are the best 2 QB's in the league right now. They are just ridiculous good, and so fun to watch. But that doesn't take anything away from Russ, Rodgers, Watson, Burrow, Herbert etc.
I'm just looking forward to Rodgers and Brady retiring and moving on. There are some damn good QB's in the league, will be nice to see more focus on the newer breed of guys. And not just 24/7 worship of Rodgers and Brady.

Jimmy Graham............

Zach Miller...............

They were in his league, we didn't use them that way however.

I'm convinced you do nothing but sit on this site with the amount of replies you post, that being said this take is even more off base and insane then your political ones... Neither of those guys are close to Kelce...

toffee

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2e9kog5a said:
chris98251":2e9kog5a said:
SoulfishHawk":2e9kog5a said:
Running for his life and making spectacular things happen. That sure sounds like Russ. How in the world can anyone not understand that we have seen the spectacular on a regular basis for a decade? And with what has had to work with?

That being said, I think Mahomes and Allen are the best 2 QB's in the league right now. They are just ridiculous good, and so fun to watch. But that doesn't take anything away from Russ, Rodgers, Watson, Burrow, Herbert etc.
I'm just looking forward to Rodgers and Brady retiring and moving on. There are some damn good QB's in the league, will be nice to see more focus on the newer breed of guys. And not just 24/7 worship of Rodgers and Brady.

Jimmy Graham............

I'm convinced you do nothing but sit on this site with the amount of replies you post, that being said this take is even more off base and insane then your political ones... Neither of those guys are close to Kelce...

You do know that attacking the person instead of message makes your rebuttal look weak, don't you? Chris is one of the few that has vast knowledge on football, I always read and learn from him. On a lighter note, no one is comparable to our great John63, statistic guru with unfiltered access to sideline conversations during game time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2kyd69sk said:
chris98251":2kyd69sk said:
SoulfishHawk":2kyd69sk said:

Jimmy Graham............

Well before both Miller and Graham came to Seattle they were All Pros and Pro Bowlers, so I disagree, just because we couldn't use them properly doesn't mean they were less. Two different types of TE's also. Miller on a torn foot tendon took over the Atlanta game that year we almost broke thru and if not for Pete would have. He was very good in Oakland the AFC west was glad to see him go.

Graham was putting up receiver numbers in N.O until he came here and was never used in the same fashion.

Big picture not parsing just what you want to look at, Kelce is great, I just have seen other TE's that were very good also. We never seem to take a player and use them for their strength but want to change them, look at Adams as an example.

My post count may be because I have been here before you were playing with your Tonka UPS Truck, just maybe...... The Brown shorts then were just shitty Diapers.

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":sobvntjm said:
Well before both Miller and Graham came to Seattle they were All Pros and Pro Bowlers, so I disagree, just because we couldn't use them properly doesn't mean they were less. Two different types of TE's also. Miller on a torn foot tendon took over the Atlanta game that year we almost broke thru and if not for Pete would have. He was very good in Oakland the AFC west was glad to see him go.

Graham was putting up receiver numbers in N.O until he came here and was never used in the same fashion.

Big picture not parsing just what you want to look at, Kelce is great, I just have seen other TE's that were very good also. We never seem to take a player and use them for their strength but want to change them, look at Adams as an example.

My post count may be because I have been here before you were playing with your Tonka UPS Truck, just maybe...... The Brown shorts then were just $h!t Diapers.

Miller made 1 pro bowl in his career - as an alternate. I think that qualifies him as a "good" TE but hardly "great".

Graham on the other hand - yes he was an all pro and pro bowler - but he played in Seattle for 3 years and made 2 pro bowls in that time - bearing in mind his first season was cut short by injury.

In his other NINE years as a pro he made a total of 3 pro bowls. So as far as I see, we made pretty good use of Graham given his abilities, which was as an oversized receiver with no speed that couldn't block.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It's not fair to compare Wilson to Mahomes/Allen/Rodgers because those guys are being paid like Elite QBs (or about to) and Russ is...

/s

Don't worry RW is just as capable as long as his O-Line can hold for 6 seconds every play, he has a RB that manages 100+yards a game and a defense that manages to get 2 take aways in enemy territory every game and hold the other team to under 23 points.

more /s

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Torc":3lngl97e said:
Andy Reid is on record as saying he had wanted Russell Wilson when he was drafted. Imagine a world where Wilson went to the Chiefs as a rookie, and then we got Mahomes in 2017. What do you think the outcome would be?

I suspect Russ would have lit it up in an offense tailored to his abilities, and Mahomes would have had some solid success and then slowed down as he got the crap beat out of him with tons of sacks. Why build a solid pass blocking offensive line when you have a QB who can just evade the rush, amiright?

Mahomes astounds me, but Wilson has astounded me plenty in his career too. Always blows my mind how Russ somehow makes bargain basement receivers look awesome. He's never had a Tyreek Hill or anyone even in the ballpark. (DK could be that guy with maturity, and if memory serves me correctly he's the highest drafted receiver that Russ has ever had, in the second half of round 2)

Good points Torc. As for Andy Reid, seems everyone is forgetting the bulk of his career, which happened before he got to KC, and even at KC before they got Mahomes and managed to assemble an astounding cast of supporting players. Does anyone else remember how we owned Philly while Reid coached there with a highly touted roster of super stars?

Trading Unger was a key to our demise. Giving Mahomes and/or Allen all the credit for their team's success is a very short sighted point of view.

Latest posts