Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Four games seems like a lot if it's weed. You would have to assume that he's tested positive multiple times in order to get a suspension this long.

bigwrm

Reaction score
We'll be fine; I'm pretty confident in our depth at cornerback. Hopefully he can delay the suspension until after the Saints game and come back fresh for the playoffs. But still, what the hell Walter? If he's getting suspended I think that means he'd already failed one drug test and was getting tested more frequently. Why would you even risk it in a contract year?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Cut Him. He has taken up a roster spot for too long.

Dude doesn't deserve a Super Bowl ring.

C-Dub

Reaction score
bigwrm":1blxofll said:
We'll be fine; I'm pretty confident in our depth at cornerback. Hopefully he can delay the suspension until after the Saints game and come back fresh for the playoffs. But still, what the hell Walter? If he's getting suspended I think that means he'd already failed one drug test and was getting tested more frequently. Why would you even risk it in a contract year?
With 2 games against @SF and NO, I think we could use all the help we can get.

Shit...even the Giants are looking a lot tougher.

Throwdown

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":srbotel9 said:
Well, let's wait for details to come out here. He's appealing, it's possible there's been some kind of erroneous occurrence. Even with that said, I think we can cope without him. If his appeal gets drawn out a little bit, then perhaps he can play against the Saints. I like our backups against Eli and the remaining teams.

DONT YOU DARE BE LEVEL HEADED ABOUT THIS, PEACHES!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":qhy9a2ov said:
Pete runs a loose ship. This is on him too.

Easy. These are grown men. The same loose ship has us 10-1 with one of the strongest locker rooms in the league. Some just need to grow the eff up.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
C-Dub":1xr6nkhh said:
bigwrm":1xr6nkhh said:
With 2 games against @SF and NO, I think we could use all the help we can get.

That's the truth. There were those who said the loss of Browner was no loss-Thurmond was outplaying him-etc.

Well, what happens now if Sherm or maxwell get injured vs Saints??

Our depth is nowhere near as deep with this news. Leave No Doubt. 24/7.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seriously ...Maxwell and Lane are not starting caliber CB's. They are at best Nickel cb's. If you think there won't be a difference you haven't been paying attention.

Whatever, we have a lot of jabronies posting in these forums.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Remember last monday's Presser....Pete said that the boys need to be on good behavior. Not get loaded up on food and have to lose it at the last minute. I think this was a part of it too. THey are Seahawks after all and represent the team. THIS is one of the things he was stressing too. Dont screw up. Can him.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
C-Dub":10w2yqiy said:
I bet it was pot. Just a guess.

If that's true, and WT got caught... all I can think about is how many dumbass, goofball potheads I've known who have prepped for and beat piss tests with ease. I guess players can be surprise-tested but what gives, Walter?

Johnny

Reaction score

Throwdown

Reaction score
Largent80":30kahj0a said:
Seriously ...Maxwell and Lane are not starting caliber CB's. They are at best Nickel cb's. If you think there won't be a difference you haven't been paying attention.

Whatever, we have a lot of jabronies posting in these forums.

You're right, they didn't do a good job at all last time they were called upon to start

:roll:

bigwrm

Reaction score
bestfightstory":18n683nd said:
Cut Him. He has taken up a roster spot for too long.

Dude doesn't deserve a Super Bowl ring.

Cut him? For what was likely marijuana? Half the players in the league probably smoke weed; he was just stupid enough to get caught. It's not like he got drunk and crashed his car (cough cough aldon smith) or was involved in some sort of domestic violence incident or sexual assault. A lot of players have done a lot worse. He made a stupid mistake, he's young, and he'll learn from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.