Walker missed the block on Taylor Rapp

m0ng0

Reaction score
I hope we keep Penny, can you imagine a healthy Penny (longshot I know) and Walker as a tandem? Friggin AWESOME!!

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Hold up... Is that Eskridge making a catch??
Yeah but I was looking at the block Penny made picking up the blitz nicely. Walker wasn’t supposed to release he was supposed to sit tight in the pocket and pick up the oncoming safety blitz. If he can’t make that block it’s a sack 99% of the time

Threedee

Reaction score
Is Walker badly hurt? I saw an ESPN article, but, didn't click on it.

Also, Penny isn't soft. JIMMY GRAHAM IS SOFT!!

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Pass Pro, or lack thereof, was pretty much the sole knock on Walker coming in. And why I clamored for Hall. But I'm all in on Walker with the understanding he has a couple chinks. Our QB knows this, too and will need to adjust accordingly (head on a swivel). The good news is I hear Walker is highly coachable and a quick learner. And he sure is fun to watch.

*Yes, I know Hall went down early and that makes me sad as hell.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah but I was looking at the block Penny made picking up the blitz nicely. Walker wasn’t supposed to release he was supposed to sit tight in the pocket and pick up the oncoming safety blitz. If he can’t make that block it’s a sack 99% of the time
Yes that was a great block by Penny.

I was just playing around with Soulfish calling Penny soft. His first 3 1/2 years, soft. Ever since AP was on the team...not soft. Hope he comes back and helps the team

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Yes that was a great block by Penny.

I was just playing around with Soulfish calling Penny soft. His first 3 1/2 years, soft. Ever since AP was on the team...not soft. Hope he comes back and helps the team
Still wasn't great at going up the gut. The issue with our RB tandem is there is a lot of overlap between the two's skill sets. They both like to bounce the ball to the outside. We have no real thumper/short yardage guy on our team.

We should just move on from Penny, it's a fools errand to expect him to stay healthy at this point. He's talented, but he's missing the number one skill in an NFL player, availability.