Visiting Fans

OP
OP
R

Rick88

Reaction score
I am not buying that anything was "handed" to them, that's just not the case. Yes, there were some bad calls....but bad calls didn't allow a 70 yard TD run to open the 2nd half, or the TD throw that Randal El threw.....or any of that. Bad calls are always an issue....if you watch the Colts-Steelers playoff game the refs were horrible and the Steelers almost lost because of it. Troy intercepted Manning, took a step, fell to the ground, rolled over, got up and the ball came out of his hands and they said he didn't make a "football move" The Steelers could have put that game away with that INT but they over came that, and several other bad calls and won the game. The refs made some bad calls, but that's all I will agree with. I am a man and I always carry myself that way, I treat others the way I want to be treated so unless I run into some morons who just want to start problems, I will be fine.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rick88":3v9kb9hc said:
earplugs for sure, thanks!!! I got some great seats......section 111 row C so I am basically on the 50 yard line right behind the Steelers bench just 3 rows up rom the field.
HIGHLY recommend ear plugs or other types of ear protection for the little one.
When my 7 year old niece goes to games my brother makes sure she has ear protection.
With the Stealers in town, expect it to be extra loud.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rick88":29v592q9 said:
I am not buying that anything was "handed" to them, that's just not the case. Yes, there were some bad calls....but bad calls didn't allow a 70 yard TD run to open the 2nd half, or the TD throw that Randal El threw.....or any of that. Bad calls are always an issue....if you watch the Colts-Steelers playoff game the refs were horrible and the Steelers almost lost because of it. Troy intercepted Manning, took a step, fell to the ground, rolled over, got up and the ball came out of his hands and they said he didn't make a "football move" The Steelers could have put that game away with that INT but they over came that, and several other bad calls and won the game. The refs made some bad calls, but that's all I will agree with. I am a man and I always carry myself that way, I treat others the way I want to be treated so unless I run into some morons who just want to start problems, I will be fine.
You probably don't want to go down that road here. Stealers fans still bitching about a call in which a game they won, when they were the benefactors of a series of multiple calls that were 10x worse. On each of those plays you mentioned there were obvious infractions where the refs swallowed the whistle. Stats say the Hawks dominated the game. Might be best to agree to disagree on the subject.

OP
OP
R

Rick88

Reaction score
I really didn't want to go down this road at all, its been 10 years. Just wanted some opinions about bringing my family to a game. I live in Portland, surrounded by Seahawks fans......I've had the discussion several hundred times probably.

OP
OP
R

Rick88

Reaction score
And on each of those plays? You show me where there was any question on Parker's 70 yard TD run. In fact, I've never even heard anyone argue about that run....was a clean play

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rick88":25gaej3x said:

Probably not a good idea to argue this here. And especially don't compare any game to the Superbowl, it's just not comparable.

Hope you have a great time, and come back after the game to let us know how things went for you and your family.

OP
OP
R

Rick88

Reaction score
Also, just for the record.....stats alone can not show you who won or lost. Thats just not true.....I understand the thing about calls, but as far as stats go, you can dominate a game stat wise and still lose. You can march up and down the field without scoring, dominate in yards but not win a game. Like I said though, thats not why I came here and I was very respectful in my posts

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rick88":2pkbl91r said:
And on each of those plays? You show me where there was any question on Parker's 70 yard TD run. In fact, I've never even heard anyone argue about that run....was a clean play
Pretty sure there was an obvious hold or clip that broke that play wide open. I'm not saying the Hawks played great that day, but the stats say they played better than the stealers. If you don't think officiating seriously effected the outcome of that game, you are in a nationwide minority, I will get out the ESPN sports nation poll graphic for proof if you wish.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Cmon y'all. Lets not push it here. If he wants to, he can see it on the COUG's Post. It is a game on youtube. Share the link if you want to with him. He can see it for himself.

Personally, I hope it is a great game with no injuries to either team. I hope the gentleman has a fun time at the game too.

Oh and above all...... :2:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rick88":2mtq15cg said:
Also, just for the record.....stats alone can not show you who won or lost. Thats just not true.....I understand the thing about calls, but as far as stats go, you can dominate a game stat wise and still lose. You can march up and down the field without scoring, dominate in yards but not win a game. Like I said though, thats not why I came here and I was very respectful in my posts
Yeah, Seattle fans are pretty much OK. But bring this shit up and they might not be. Don't be that guy.

I go to away games. And have a good damn time. But whe I went to Dallas I did not one time mention Romo bobbling a snap in the playoffs.

And if you dress yourself up in a Rothlisberger jersey, expect to be called a rapist at least once.

PS. The Head Ref has already admitted he booted multiple calls. You are a fan, you can pretend you would have won anyway. But don't effin pretend the game could not have been one of the better ones in SB history if the Hawks had not been totally screwed by Leavy and crew.

Never forget.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Rick88":3bnwimdc said:
HAHA....it is Cuttlefish of Cthulhu to be exact....my phone must have done that. I saw them live maybe, 5 or 6 times live. I still have my original Scumdogs of the Universe record I bought way back when it was released. I have an old VHS of a movie they made where the cuttlefish detaches himself from Oderus and goes out on a spree, cant remember what it is called. I need to find that and watch it, been years since I've seen it.

That would be Phallus in Wonderland, great movie. I just saw them again earlier this year for their 30 year anniversary tour.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Rick88":3o5knwrx said:
The Steeler fans travel better than any team in the league. I have seen games where the visiting Steeler fans were louder than the home teams fans. People like o use that to say they are all bandwagon fans with no ties to Pittsburgh but reality is much different. In the late 60's and early 70's all of the steel and zinc mills and smelters shut down and people had to leave the state for work. And I am talking about 3/4's o a town's population moving away. The town we are from had a population of 40-50 thousand before the mills shut down and now has maybe 8,000 people living there. Take that and times it by who knows how many towns, 30 or 40? There are people originally from Western PA spread out all over the country now, and they are all extremely loyal. I am sure there are a lot of 70's kids that loved them just because of the SB wins as well but every team has fans from other states

Prolly be alot of Steeler fans like there was in 03.. I bet there are 15k or so.. can't be any worse than Packer fans and their awful "go pack go" chants drowning in tears..

Raper has to be excited since Seattle is a place he has never played as well.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Rick88":34ymqp0b said:

I'm getting angry!!! Amazing how the rage and anger just resurfaces for me after all these years as if it happened yesterday. I can't and never will re-watch that travesty. I'm liable to destroy or kill something!

Tical21

Reaction score
You're really taking your 4-year old daughter? What!? Where you're sitting, you'll probably be fine, but if the Seahawks lose, I would leave a little early if possible. I've seen some really bad scenes at that stadium. No need to go over those again, we've discussed them in detail around here more than once. We're not Oakland, but we're not Ned Flanders either. We have a lot of very drunk, very charged up people that love to make a point to the opposition, and have a particular hatred for the Steelers. You'll definitely run into morons that want to start problems. If it were me, I wouldn't wear any Steelers gear. You'll probably be around rich folk in your seats, so most of the game you'll be fine, but I wouldn't be too comfortable after the game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Just accept that SBXL was a poorly officiated contest and you'll be fine. Best not to even bring SBXL up. Believe it or not, some fans are still not over it. Alcohol and lingering bad memories could lead to an issue.

Boycie

Reaction score
irocdave":azv2hxg6 said:
Man I would not take a child to an NFL game, doesn't matter the stadium. C Link is really freaking loud and like any other NFL stadium there will be profanity shouted and people that get drunk and out of hand. I've been to several Hawk games and only seen fights with Stealers and Bears fans, didn't see what started them but did see them taking place. The last time the Stealers were here I sat near a lone Stealer fan and for some reason this ass hat thought he could talk shit to everyone around him. Not sure if he got in a fight on the way out but he was the focus of every fan around him, especially when the Stealers walked out as losers.

Try standing in the Kop at Elland Road for Leeds United. I play hockey, and it made my ears burn. I had my 12 year old with me too, and it sure was awkward for me hearing the C word being sung in front of my son. Unfortunately, it is part of the stadium experience wherever you go.

To the OP, if you can get your kid a pair of ear muff hearing protection then that would be the way to go.

rideaducati

Reaction score
May your day be filled with rain, cold and misery as your team loses. Hopefully this game is very poorly officiated with the Seahawks getting all the obviously wrong calls to go their way. I would love to hear stealer fans cry about the poor officiating.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":2hi87tym said:
May your day be filled with rain, cold and misery as your team loses. Hopefully this game is very poorly officiated with the Seahawks getting all the obviously wrong calls to go their way. I would love to hear stealer fans cry about the poor officiating.
They would and do. They still bitch about the Indy playoff game right before XL*, a game in which they WON.
IMHO after the gifts that were given to them in XL*, they should never be allowed to bitch about officiating the rest of their lives. They also got a few "gifts" from zebras in the SB against the Cards. It's ironic that they always seem to benefit from crap officiating when a Lombardi is on the line.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Rick88":1m1drw3x said:
earplugs for sure, thanks!!! I got some great seats......section 111 row C so I am basically on the 50 yard line right behind the Steelers bench just 3 rows up rom the field.

Those are great seats for opposing fans, you guys will be fine, have fun.

mikeak

Reaction score
Earplugs for kids rarely work well. I recommend wal-mart or hunting store for proper hearing protection sized for kids / youth

Have them for my kids for games and other events and works great and comfortable