Vince Young to the Packers: 1-year deal

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ntrtmag said:
Marvin49":1ntrtmag said:
I heard Cobb is OK tho...no biggy.

Doesn't matter, Rodgers will already be sacked by the time Cobb even gets jammed at the line.

I'm telling you, losing Bulaga isn't going to be that devastating, he wasn't even THAT good.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I thought the OL who got hurt was their LT? Anyways, Cobb is not that serious yet but Jordy Nelson is dinged up too. Yikes...With Jennings gone, the only healthy one left is James Jones, who was a TD magnet last season.
I already had Brees as my top QB for my draft anyways. I predict he has an epic season(from a fantasy perspective).
Sorry for hijacking the thread. lol.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":8vk99bkp said:
RolandDeschain":8vk99bkp said:
Marvin49":8vk99bkp said:
I heard Cobb is OK tho...no biggy.

Doesn't matter, Rodgers will already be sacked by the time Cobb even gets jammed at the line.

I'm telling you, losing Bulaga isn't going to be that devastating, he wasn't even THAT good.
I know he wasn't good, but he was mediocre on a mediocre O-line last year, dude. That's why it's an important loss for them. Here, check out the overall grade for each of their offensive linemen per Pro Football Focus for 2012:

Bryan Bulaga, LT: -2.8
Josh Sitton, LG: 20.8
Evan Dietrich-Smith, C: -0.5
T.J. Lang, RG: 0.9
Marshall Newhouse, RT: -2.3

They had one good (actually 20.8 qualifies as a great year) O-lineman last year, the rest were a little under mediocre, basically. Left tackle faces the toughest competition, so yeah, it's gonna matter, dude; unless they've got someone who can perform at an average level to replace him.

kearly

Reaction score
Bulaga's PFF score is basically the same as Newhouse's. If it was Newhouse hitting IR, would anyone care?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
No one would care. Bulaga is a more known name just because people thought he might end up a Hawk and got a lot of first round eyeball. He was just as abused as anyone in the 8 sacks at the C-link. I was boggled taht they moved him to LT, but they don't have the cash for a Jake Long and didn't have the draft position for one of those top tackles in the draft.

Ted Thompson is starting to get a first round flop reputation.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
KEWASTEES":2pqypd5l said:
yeah but no one knows what those headcases were or WHY they actually happened. I think the dude had a poor teacher, and unfortunately didnt get along with a well respected coach. I think all he ever needed was a change. And wrongfully he was blacklisted. I think hes going to be starting somewhere next year.

incorrect, his antics are well documented. My brother was on the team when all that went down. The guy is a basket case.