Vikings trying to trade WR Patterson

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":5gfgp501 said:
It seems to be his undoing in Minnesota, according to the local sports guys. Maybe he just got tired of being told what to do from all the different coaches and QBs? A move for him would be interesting. Does it unlock his potential or confirm his inability to treat his craft like a profession?

I think your last sentence is the most important one. Maxwell is the perfect example, when you hear that when he got to Seattle not only did he not really know how to play corner correctly, he could barely touch his toes because he lacked flexibility, then watch how he transformed his body and ability by being coachable, it shows what treating the craft as a profession can be.

Add to that, Zimmer is not soft and cuddly. Patterson seems unable to take criticism. Bad combo.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Patterson's potential makes him very tempting. I'd be interested in seeing what he could become in a positive, stable environment like ours.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Agree with those saying he's incredible with the ball in his hands. He's a terrific athlete and has moves most elite WR wish they had.

As far as not learning the offense, it's concerning. But who knows, he could have a learning disability and is with a coaching staff that lacks the patience to work with him? We just don't know. But to say he has no "dawg" because he hasn't fully learned the playbook, theres just no way any of us can know whats really going on behind the scenes.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle won't and shouldn't make a deal.

Patterson's failure in Minny has made me feel so much better about the Harvin deal. Had Seattle stayed put, there is a very good chance they would have spent that 1st round pick on Patterson.