Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3u6d1kg8 said:
Is our game next week scheduled as of today? We must have already beaten the Vikes. So is Lynch attending that game now that he will be rehabbing today and tomorrow? When and what is his abdominal rehab regimen.

If he's not playing what benefit does he, or the team, get from him standing on the sidelines?

Foghawk

Reaction score
Sometimes you're the toy, sometimes you're the dog.

Team will be fine. Go Hawks!

:thirishdrinkers:

Giphy

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
JSeahawks":29fqzkjw said:
Russ Willstrong":29fqzkjw said:
Is our game next week scheduled as of today? We must have already beaten the Vikes. So is Lynch attending that game now that he will be rehabbing today and tomorrow? When and what is his abdominal rehab regimen.

If he's not playing what benefit does he, or the team, get from him standing on the sidelines?
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM COHESIVENESS.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Anyone else talking about the Lynch and team friction? What could they be fighting about?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
andyh64000":163u66f9 said:
SeaWolv":163u66f9 said:
andyh64000":163u66f9 said:
Sitting on a heated bench in 0 degrees will not do him as much good as the treatment he will receive by staying home...not even close.

What treatment do you think he's going to get that makes staying home so important??

You mean from the one of the most advanced sports injury treatment/rehab facilities in the world? I don't know...but it's probably a lot more than sitting on a heat pad in the freezer.

The point is there's not a lot you can do at this stage of his injury. Exercising, strengthening and stretching is required for full recovery but he's already been doing that. Beyond that it just takes time. 100% recovery for most motivated athletes should only take 4-6 weeks post op. It's been 7 weeks since Lynch had his surgery. If he aggravated the injury then the thing that makes the most sense immediately is to take couple of days off from rehab before resuming physical therapy and exercising.

If him being at the most advanced sports injury treatment facility were so critical he wouldn't have spent the last several weeks in the Bay area.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3ocl3c5p said:
JSeahawks":3ocl3c5p said:
Russ Willstrong":3ocl3c5p said:

LEADERSHIP AND TEAM COHESIVENESS.

We've got plenty of leaders. And since he's been gone several weeks wouldn't him being back mess with cohesion? Let tge man heal and be ready to go next week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Happypuppy":bn0gk85x said:
LOL, is this the same Michael "crackhead" Irvin that picks the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl every year???
Spends as much time talking out of his drug addicted backside as Skip Bayless does.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Common sense dictates that when a team finds out that a player is not playing when he suddenly refuses to get on the bus, something is amiss. Michael Irvin's friction statement/source is an understatement.

IMO the beginning of the end of Lynch's tenure happened at the 1 at XLIX. He gave it his all to this franchise and he felt disrespected and slapped in the face by Bevell. If he flipped him off during a game the year before you can only imagine what he felt since then. After that play he decided he was done looking out for the team and everything thereafter would be strictly business and whatever was in his best interest. Oh he made sure to say the right things on talk shows but once he got that new contract it was just business from there on. When he went essentially AWOL and rehabbed on his own, it was on his terms and he could care less if the Hawks wanted him at the VMAC. And frankly If this theory is true I don't really blame Lynch.

So what happened this week? Maybe he was told by Pete he would be sharing the load with Michael and he said piss on that idea and jettisoned out of there. If he was told he was going to start, get most of the carries and was still bitter, then there's something even more divisive going on. ESPN reported a source that Lynch was just fine after practice yesterday and did not endure a setback.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1icl8tei said:
StoneCold":1icl8tei said:
Hawkpower":1icl8tei said:
StoneCold":1icl8tei said:
While this thread is very entertaining I've lost all respect for anyone that posts in it.

Well since nearly every .net member has contributed to this thread (including yourself) that is a long list of lost respect... :D

A long list indeed. I'm just glad that Kearly and Scottemojo haven't posted as I think of them as the two halves of my football brain. Without them I'd be watching Badminton.

They did actually

Enjoy badminton.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was so close to understanding what the hell a strong side linebacker was. Poop.

Guess I'll focus on the difference between a birdie and a shuttlecock.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":37d13dez said:
Common sense dictates that when a team finds out that a player is not playing when he suddenly refuses to get on the bus, something is amiss. Michael Irvin's friction statement/source is an understatement.

IMO the beginning of the end of Lynch's tenure happened at the 1 at XLIX. He gave it his all to this franchise and he felt disrespected and slapped in the face by Bevell. If he flipped him off during a game the year before you can only imagine what he felt since then. After that play he decided he was done looking out for the team and everything thereafter would be strictly business and whatever was in his best interest. Oh he made sure to say the right things on talk shows but once he got that new contract it was just business from there on. When he went essentially AWOL and rehabbed on his own, it was on his terms and he could care less if the Hawks wanted him at the VMAC. And frankly If this theory is true I don't really blame Lynch.

So what happened this week? Maybe he was told by Pete he would be sharing the load with Michael and he said piss on that idea and jettisoned out of there. If he was told he was going to start, get most of the carries and was still bitter, then there's something even more divisive going on. ESPN reported a source that Lynch was just fine after practice yesterday and did not endure a setback.

I tend to agree this is a possible scenario.

For a myriad of reasons, the team has been far better this year without him.

Time for him to step off his high horse (if this line of thinking ends up being correct, of course)

Might be a blessing in disguise, honestly. This team is clicking right now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
themunn":1nsnrd52 said:
Lot's of people saying Lynch won't be here next year - don't agree.

You HONESTLY think Lynch is back next year?

There is almost no chance. $11.5m cap hit.

Nailed on they're ready to move on.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Just read on Bob Condottas twitter that Lynchs agent says:
"A small tweak in Fridays practice led to decision for Lynch to not play on Sunday, but Lynch hopes to return to practice on Monday and play the following week -- if the Hawks have a game to play"

seahawksny

Reaction score
He has not been part of the game plan the last 7 games and we have had tremendous success.
I don't know where all the nervous bellies are coming from. The gane that he does come back is when I will worry as Pete and Bevell have a tendency to get predictable.

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawksny":1f50spf1 said:
He has not been part of the game plan the last 7 games and we have had tremendous success.
I don't know where all the nervous bellies are coming from. The gane that he does come back is when I will worry as Pete and Bevell have a tendency to get predictable.

Nervous *Nellies... sorry for typo

Seymour

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1w6nczaf said:
Cyrus12":1w6nczaf said:
Lynch a Patriot next year...
Nope, Oakalnd Raider. And that's not meant as me being angry about this situation. I'm not. Just my opinion on where he'll play next year.

Lynch has threatened to retire better than 2 years ago. What makes you think with that thought process and now after his first major injury and diminishing production he will go play for some other team? Makes no sense to me, I think we've seen the last of Beast Mode.