(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
We had something no other team could offer ... the ability to play Seattle twice a year," Lynch said. "I'm vengeful in that way," Sherman said.

Good for him, but I am laughing at those people acting they are getting the Seahawks Sherman. He is 30, 2 Achilles injuries later.

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't blame Sherman at all, Seattle cut him. I wish him all the luck in the world as long as it doesn't hurt us.

strohmin

Reaction score
Msfann":x2ju2vot said:
I don't blame Sherman at all, Seattle cut him. I wish him all the luck in the world as long as it doesn't hurt us.

I don't blame him at all either and I believe it is gonna hurt us bad. I doubt we see another Superbowl for the rest of Russell Wilson's career.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":a8y463w3 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/973191207244521472[/tweet]

While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/ ... 67040?s=21

Sherman said getting cut by Seattle “re-ignited that gasoline fire I’ve always had burning.” And, now, there’s a little more gasoline poured on that fire, he said.

Well people can try and sugar coat this as much as they want, but the fact is is that he is pissed at the Seahawks, and thanks to some dummies us 12’s now. He called up JS and was told to kick rocks. I’d be pissed to as he obviously believed there was no way we wouldn’t bring him back to Seattle.

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/973 ... 43777?s=21

By his own words he is motivated to ruin our day twice a year. Anybody who suggests otherwise is in denial and only reading what their precious feelings allow them to read/believe.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":1igp8byb said:
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/973245383953367040?s=21

Sherman said getting cut by Seattle “re-ignited that gasoline fire I’ve always had burning.” And, now, there’s a little more gasoline poured on that fire, he said.

Well people can try and sugar coat this as much as they want, but the fact is is that he is pissed at the Seahawks, and thanks to some retards us 12’s now. He called up JS and was told to kick rocks. I’d be pissed to as he obviously believed there was no way we wouldn’t bring him back to Seattle.

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/973 ... 43777?s=21

By his own words he is motivated to ruin our day twice a year. Anybody who suggests otherwise is in denial and only reading what their precious feelings allow them to read/believe.

Just more Yawn from him...

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Popeyejones":shdne7yg said:
KitsapGuy":shdne7yg said:

While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.

We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":1g6tk5e3 said:
We had something no other team could offer ... the ability to play Seattle twice a year," Lynch said. "I'm vengeful in that way," Sherman said.

Good for him, but I am laughing at those people acting they are getting the Seahawks Sherman. He is 30, 2 Achilles injuries later.

I keep reading people say stuff like that....but who is saying he'll be the same Sherman?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":37h8ym6b said:
KitsapGuy":37h8ym6b said:

Honestly, I think the backlash is coming from Agents...the ones who stand to be phased out if more players negotiation their own deals.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherman is about one thing, HIMSELF. Get used to it Marvin. He'll say and do things, then claim he didn't say it etc. He'll play the victim over and over again. He'll eventually call out coaches, players, fans etc. and act like he didn't. He will talk down to people, all the time.....
When he plays ball and keeps his pie hole shut, you'll love him. But it's just a matter of time before he makes you wanna bang your head against the wall and say "duuuuuude, shut up"
Trust me on this, it's not a matter of IF it's gonna' happen, it's a matter of WHEN. And you can look forward to him telling the fans that they don't know what they are talking about. Or his blatant refusal to refuse he's wrong about anything, ever. And if he gives up a TD, he'll act like it's no biggie, or it was just a miscommunication by the D. It could NEVER be that he actually got beat on a play.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bnwolau said:
Sherman is about one thing, HIMSELF. Get used to it Marvin. He'll say and do things, then claim he didn't say it etc. He'll play the victim over and over again. He'll eventually call out coaches, players etc. and act like he didn't.
When he plays ball and keeps his pie hole shut, you'll love him. But it's just a matter of time before he makes you wanna bang your head against the wall and say "duuuuuude, shut up"
Trust me on this, it's not a matter of IF it's gonna' happen, it's a matter of WHEN.

Dude....

...I don't doubt that AT ALL. LOL.

You are talking to a guy who HATED Sherman. I don't throw that word around either. HATE.

From Crabtree BS to comments on Harbaugh to eating the turkey on the Niners Logo at Levis (tho Wilson was there too for that and always blamed NBC more than the players)...I've gotten a fill of Shermans mouth.

I 100% believe that there will come several times that I will be saying to myself "bro...just shut the F up".

The flip side tho is I think he might be exactly what the team needs right now. Tall, rangy corner in that D and a player who young guys like Ahkello Witherspoon can learn from. Just the time he can spend with Ahkello in the film room would be invaluable. He's got playoff and championship experience which is sorely lacking on that D right now.

I do NOT expect Sherman to be the same guy at 30 and coming off an Achilles (and BTW he said he didn't have a second Achilles procedure...he aid it was a bone spur). What I hope for from his is merely to be a solid corner and presence for younger defenders.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":1n4up7fi said:
SkyHawks16":1n4up7fi said:

I keep reading people say stuff like that....but who is saying he'll be the same Sherman?

Marvin I’ve asked that same question to no answer. If we get Sherman at 80% or better we’re doing ok I think

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":3dtdch7v said:
SoulfishHawk":3dtdch7v said:
Sherman is about one thing, HIMSELF. Get used to it Marvin. He'll say and do things, then claim he didn't say it etc. He'll play the victim over and over again. He'll eventually call out coaches, players etc. and act like he didn't.
Trust me on this, it's not a matter of IF it's gonna' happen, it's a matter of WHEN.

Dude....

...I don't doubt that AT ALL. LOL.

You are talking to a guy who HATED Sherman. I don't throw that word around either. HATE.

From Crabtree BS to comments on Harbaugh to eating the turkey on the Niners Logo at Levis (tho Wilson was there too for that and always blamed NBC more than the players)...I've gotten a fill of Shermans mouth.

I 100% believe that there will come several times that I will be saying to myself "bro...just shut the F up".

The flip side tho is I think he might be exactly what the team needs right now. Tall, rangy corner in that D and a player who young guys like Ahkello Witherspoon can learn from. Just the time he can spend with Ahkello in the film room would be invaluable. He's got playoff and championship experience which is sorely lacking on that D right now.

I do NOT expect Sherman to be the same guy at 30 and coming off an Achilles (and BTW he said he didn't have a second Achilles procedure...he aid it was a bone spur). What I hope for from his is merely to be a solid corner and presence for younger defenders.

On point Marvin. I think most niner fans feel this way

rlkats

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":gl8a3qra said:
And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?

Hey just to keep you up to date your not telling us anything we don’t know. These statements are what drove us to have a deep emotional hate for the man. And for the record we are hoping it works out, but not over confident.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
29066789_1868046773242002_5627376772396875776_n.jpg

Chapow

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3h1t8dtt said:
Popeyejones":3h1t8dtt said:
KitsapGuy":3h1t8dtt said:

We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.

This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't have any strong feelings either way on this. It's just NFL business as usual.