(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mdqretr said:
Marvin49":1mdqretr said:
Uncle Si":1mdqretr said:
Marvin49":1mdqretr said:
David Lombardi@LombardiHimself
Sherman discussed the Garoppolo/Shanahan combo as being lethal. He said that Shanahan shocked Seattle with “2 or 3 concepts we’ve never seen. We never had answers outside of bastardizations of our defense."

Yawn...

"Hey.. my new team is awesome. I'm so glad to be here."

Wasn't implying more than that...just interesting quote.

It's really not. It's more of the same from Sherman. Been his personality from the day he stepped onto the field for the first time with the Seahawks.

ok.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":3a3uzy5u said:
TwistedHusky":3a3uzy5u said:
The very reason we loved Sherman was that attitude.

I have no doubt he is going to talk tremendous ISH about Wilson and the Seahawks, and how his defense propped up this team for years.

He is wired that way. He would probably take less money just to rub it in our face 2x a year. But that is what made him great. He does not just shirk from confrontation, he seeks it out.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for how he built himself into one of the great CBs to ever play the game.

And this will allow him to show he can do this without Earl Thomas, that it was not just that the others around him made him great. When you do it on multiple teams, you show that it was you not the framework you played in. If he comes even close to Pro Bowl play even half the year, it is a win for him.

And JS had a chance to match, a primarily incentive based contract, but he declined. So I am not sure what people up here are upset with Sherman about.

...the bolded is my biggest takeaway.

In order to still be upset with Sherman you have to tell yourself that a player should accept less pay out of loyalty to a franchise that just fired you.

No.. that's not why Hawks fans can be upset with Sherman.

They can be upset that his behavior over the last two years led to this.. and now he is play acting the victim and erasing the good relationships (and patience) Hawks fans afforded him.

Its not about loyalty...

There is a reason(s) that JS and PC did not match that offer.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hfyxfln said:
Marvin49":1hfyxfln said:
TwistedHusky":1hfyxfln said:
The very reason we loved Sherman was that attitude.

I have no doubt he is going to talk tremendous ISH about Wilson and the Seahawks, and how his defense propped up this team for years.

He is wired that way. He would probably take less money just to rub it in our face 2x a year. But that is what made him great. He does not just shirk from confrontation, he seeks it out.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for how he built himself into one of the great CBs to ever play the game.

And this will allow him to show he can do this without Earl Thomas, that it was not just that the others around him made him great. When you do it on multiple teams, you show that it was you not the framework you played in. If he comes even close to Pro Bowl play even half the year, it is a win for him.

And JS had a chance to match, a primarily incentive based contract, but he declined. So I am not sure what people up here are upset with Sherman about.

...the bolded is my biggest takeaway.

In order to still be upset with Sherman you have to tell yourself that a player should accept less pay out of loyalty to a franchise that just fired you.

No.. that's not why Hawks fans can be upset with Sherman.

They can be upset that his behavior over the last two years led to this.. and now he is play acting the victim and erasing the good relationships (and patience) Hawks fans afforded him.

Its not about loyalty...

There is a reason(s) that JS and PC did not match that offer.

Not gonna argue.

You guys obviously know MUCH more about the situation than I.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cdp1ngv said:
But you're happy to provoke the response

Dude...

...honestly...I wasn't trying to provoke any response. I've been in those shoes. It sucks. I'm obviously interested to see how this plays out but I am not here to rub salt in it. I think if you read my responses you'd see that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":rzkzkzpm said:
Uncle Si":rzkzkzpm said:

Dude...

...honestly...I wasn't trying to provoke any response. I've been in those shoes. It sucks. I'm obviously interested to see how this plays out but I am not here to rub salt in it. I think if you read my responses you'd see that.

Nothing here "sucks."

Sherman's usefulness and therefore time with the Seahawks has run its course. My issue only stems from the way he is conducting himself and the blow by blow reiterations of it on here by our visiting fans.

Its not interesting (to me). it's just Sherman, the person, who has this indelible way of creating drama to motivate himself. It lacks maturity and is soiling his legacy here. 9ers fans are celebrating the remarks as a show of their strength as well as the crumbling foundation of the Hawks. Seahawks fans are trying to use it to further the agenda of a fractured, tattered franchise.

But that's his choice. And one he made a couple years ago.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":173qnhbx said:
Marvin49":173qnhbx said:
Uncle Si":173qnhbx said:

Dude...

Nothing here "sucks."

Sherman's usefulness and therefore time with the Seahawks has run its course. My issue only stems from the way he is conducting himself and the blow by blow reiterations of it on here by our visiting fans.

Its not interesting (to me). it's just Sherman, the person, who has this indelible way of creating drama to motivate himself. It lacks maturity and is soiling his legacy here.

But that's his choice. And one he made a couple years ago.

ok.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
At the end of the day, when he retires. We will still retire his jersey and he will earn his Ring of Honor.

Favre went to the VIKINGS and the fans still forgive everything afterwards. This is not as big of a deal, it's happened countless times in pro sports.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
His legacy should be cemented.

He made the play that sent us to the SB.

Hell, he made the play that started it all (that INT against Houston)

And he has a track record of calling out the coaches that doubted him or let him go. Not sure why anyone would expect that to change.

Without Sherman we don't go to a SB. He was a huge part of that path to the SB win. And a big reason we made another one.

He should be able to do whatever he wants. He easily earned that.

And his old team cut him. He shouldn't WANT to be loyal. He should want to rub it in their faces. And he does.

He made it clear he has no animosity for the fans, but given we know this is his personality why would you expect it to change or even want it to?

Just admire he was a hell of a football player while he was here.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
If you ask me, I think he's just being himself. He needs to create a narrative so he can play his game at the level he wants. He even said 12s were burning his jersey. I'm not buying that. While I'm sure there may have been some very upset fans over his team of choice, the popular opinion was that of thanks and gratitude for what he gave to Seattle. He'll be missed, but more importantly he'll be appreciated.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":5v0bardx said:
If you ask me, I think he's just being himself. He needs to create a narrative so he can play his game at the level he wants. He even said 12s were burning his jersey. I'm not buying that. While I'm sure there may have been some very upset fans over his team of choice, the popular opinion was that of thanks and gratitude for what he gave to Seattle. He'll be missed, but more importantly he'll be appreciated.

Not by any means saying this is the norm for the Seahawks fanbase, but this is what he was referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVH8Kuai1M

12thbrah

Reaction score
We got Sherman's best years. I am ok with Whiners getting a brokedown version.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":1yn6a99k said:
MD5eahawks":1yn6a99k said:

No by any means saying this is the norm for the Seahawks fanbase, but this is what he was referring to.

That's what I mean. One guy. One jersey. Hell, there are people on this very site that don't like Russell Wilson. And he is on the team. Sherman of all people should have seen a little bad feelings come his way. But, like I said, he needs some type of motivation. Something to push his drive. Otherwise he'll come into the CLink smilin' and wavin'. Good on him. I want to see him play well. I just don't want to see it for long.
;-)

Marvin49

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":r7nbxlb0 said:
Marvin49":r7nbxlb0 said:
MD5eahawks":r7nbxlb0 said:

No by any means saying this is the norm for the Seahawks fanbase, but this is what he was referring to.

That's what I mean. One guy. One jersey. Hell, there are people on this very site that don't like Russell Wilson. And he is on the team. Sherman of all people should have seen a little bad feelings come his way. But, like I said, he needs some type of motivation. Something to push his drive. Otherwise he'll come into the CLink smilin' and wavin'. Good on him. I want to see him play well. I just don't want to see it for long.
;-)
Tenor

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I have no ill-will towards Sherm. He was my favorite Hawk, and now I guess former Hawk. I'm super bummed he went to the 9ers, but I don't hate him for it. I don't blame him one bit. I do however, hope they show "The Tip" on the jumbotron every time SF comes to town... for at least the entire pre-game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TriCHawk":218fwntx said:
I have no ill-will towards Sherm. He was my favorite Hawk, and now I guess former Hawk. I'm super bummed he went to the 9ers, but I don't hate him for it. I don't blame him one bit. I do however, hope they show "The Tip" on the jumbotron every time SF comes to town... for at least the entire pre-game.

Would likely be awesome for Seahawks fans...

...but there are only like 2 or 3 49ers who were on that team to remember it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":3sh7hrzq said:
TriCHawk":3sh7hrzq said:

Would likely be awesome for Seahawks fans...

...but there are only like 2 or 3 49ers who were on that team to remember it.

3-4..now... :2thumbs:

With our luck, it would motivate Sherman more now. LOL :stirthepot:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
:2thumbs:
Popeyejones":2elc8ccd said:
People should read the actual article and quote rather than responding to the click bait word.

It's here: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/12/richa ... peter-king

THREE THINGS YOU HAVE TO KNOW BEFORE CLAIMING SHERMAN IS JUST VENGEFUL OR SIGNED WITH THE 49ERS TO GET BACK AT THE SEAHAWKS:

1) Before signing with San Francisco Sherman called John Schneider and asked them to match the offer so he could stay in Seattle. Schneider declined.

2) Sherman also contacted all the other teams who had expressed interest in him and all of them said they were unwilling to match the 49ers offer.

2) The context of that quote, and the full quote:

“We had something no other team could offer,” Lynch said.

What?

“The ability to play Seattle twice a year,” Lynch said.

When that was relayed to Sherman, he paused for a second.

Sherman said: “I’m vengeful in that way.”

That’s what it sounded like. But I wanted to make sure. I asked him to repeat that.

“Vengeful,” Sherman said. “I love the fan base to death, and I loved playing there. It was such a great opportunity. I helped the organization get to a great place and stay there. But now it’s like I abandoned them. People are out there burning my jersey. Come on. I’m not the one who let me go. They let me go. I didn’t abandon anybody.

In total: Sherman is pissed about being cut, yes, and he's also pissed that some Hawks fans have turned on him because he was cut. Despite having been cut, he also expressed a lot of love for the Hawks' fanbase, still tried to use the 9ers offer to get back to the Hawks, and also did his due diligence to make sure nobody else would match or exceed the offer on the table.
I have to give you credit, GREAT post! :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Interesting fact:

Both Seattle players essential to the play “the tip” are both Niners now.
Sherm and Malcolm Smith who intercepted the tipped ball!