(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

hawkman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2i08gbm1 said:
And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?

Honestly hurts.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21gld8yl said:
And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?
Are you Jim Moore??? Just asking for a friend.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkman":2udzbqvq said:
SoulfishHawk":2udzbqvq said:

Honestly hurts.
You don’t know how ironic your post is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny, hell no I'm not Jim Moore, can't stand that guy. I send text messages to the show all the time telling him how ridiculous he is. Nice guy, horrible on the radio.
Just passing on to the Niner fans what to expect. I love Sherm, wore his jersey etc. I just won't miss the drama that's all, and I'm not gonna' sugar coat what he had become the last couple years. It's a business, big $ players get cut with regularity these days. It sucks, but it wasn't realistic to keep everyone on this team, especially all the big $ contracts on Defense. I'll miss the player big time, he is one of the all time great players on the Hawks, period.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Hawknballs":zkxxmzel said:
ETA until we complete Seahaws Twilight Zone and sign Michael Crabtree?
Lol pls god make this happen. And Kaepernick too to back up Wilson.

RussB

Reaction score
Shermans deal is so incentive based he might have screwed himself. Atleast he got a 5 mil signing bonus. I think he signed with the niners because he knew hes not going to get any huge offers so he just went to california were hes from and were he gets to play the hawks twice a year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Chapow":3pd0pg4c said:
Coug_Hawk08":3pd0pg4c said:
Popeyejones":3pd0pg4c said:
KitsapGuy":3pd0pg4c said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/973191207244521472[/tweet]

While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.

We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.

This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.

This is categorically false. We know he didn’t just say 3 years and 39 million because we know about the specific clause in his contract with the 9ers that Schneider balked at.

And we also know from Lynch that Sherman was excusing himself throughout the day to speak to other teams about the negotiation points of the deal.

And we also know from Marathe that Sherman caught an error in their standard language contract for meeting pro bowl incentives and that they amendded it and will be going with Sherman’s correction moving forward.

I don’t know why you’re so invested in Sherman having the wool pulled over his eyes, but either everyone is lying or you don’t know what you’re talking about when you claim “for all we know...”

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NinersNation/status/974095352822468608[/tweet]

“What people don’t know is [Sherman] called John Schneider, the GM of the Seahawks and John was actually giving him guidance on how to do his deal, because he’s his own agent. So it wasn’t like, they thought they were doing him a solid. I think Richard’s looking at it like “here’s my deal because I want you guys to match.” They’re looking at it like, “we’re trying to help you out and guide you since you’re being your own agent and this is where you can get more money.” Obviously it helps the Seahawks if he gets a lot more money, and it hurts [the 49ers] cap.”

Video is embedded above if you would like to watch it. Make sure to go to the 1:04 to hear the comments.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Chapow":2a0cif63 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2a0cif63 said:
Popeyejones":2a0cif63 said:
KitsapGuy":2a0cif63 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/973191207244521472[/tweet]

While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.

We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.
Once you acknowledge what? Your 100% baseless, made up assumption which may or may not be true?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No matter what any of us think, we don't TRULY know what happened. And believe it not, Twitter is not the absolute truth...... :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1j94l1xq said:
Chapow":1j94l1xq said:
Coug_Hawk08":1j94l1xq said:
Popeyejones":1j94l1xq said:

This is categorically false. We know he didn’t just say 3 years and 39 million because we know about the specific clause in his contract with the 9ers that Schneider balked at.

And we also know from Lynch that Sherman was excusing himself throughout the day to speak to other teams about the negotiation points of the deal.

And we also know from Marathe that Sherman caught an error in their standard language contract for meeting pro bowl incentives and that they amendded it and will be going with Sherman’s correction moving forward.

I don’t know why you’re so invested in Sherman having the wool pulled over his eyes, but either everyone is lying or you don’t know what you’re talking about when you claim “for all we know...”

So you claim to know what Sherman did or did not say based on knowing about a clause in his contract (how that even makes sense in your head, I have no idea), Sherman left the room several times during an hours long negotiation, and Sherman noticed an error in one particular contract term.

Wow. That's some hard evidence right there. Of what, I don't know, but clearly Sherm got a great deal from the 49ers and all the reports and sources saying that it's a very team friendly deal must just be wrong. After all, he noticed an error and left the room several times!

And if you think writing a few posts on an internet message board = heavily invested, you really need to spend some time off the internet and gain some perspective. I'm heavily invested in my career, my marriage, and my house. Richard Sherman's contract with the 49ers means literally nothing to me and has no effect on my life whatsoever. I've been merely sharing my opinion which is what pretty much everyone here is doing.

No matter how much you'd like to believe you know exactly what happened and exactly how it all it went down, unless your name is Richard Sherman, John Lynch, or Paraag Marathe, you don't. And neither does anybody else here including me.

Chapow

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":uchzz8bd said:
Chapow":uchzz8bd said:
Coug_Hawk08":uchzz8bd said:
Popeyejones":uchzz8bd said:

Once you acknowledge what? Your 100% baseless, made up assumption which may or may not be true?

WOOSH :lol:

Try reading those 3 posts you quoted in the order they were posted in. In other words, try following the conversation. You might see what I did there. Then again, I won't be surprised if you don't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chapow":1w9mrwdf said:
5_Golden_Rings":1w9mrwdf said:
Chapow":1w9mrwdf said:
Coug_Hawk08":1w9mrwdf said:

WOOSH :lol:

Try reading those 3 posts you quoted in the order they were posted in. In other words, try following the conversation. You might see what I did there. Then again, I won't be surprised if you don't.

Not tryin' to argue...

but...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/12/richa ... peter-king

"Late in the process, when Sherman and the Niners agreed on most of the incentives in the deal, he got back to the three most interested teams. Seattle, interestingly enough, wanted the first right of refusal on any offer, and so Sherman called Seahawks GM John Schneider. Sherman said Schneider told him, “Incentives [are] a little rich for me.” Sherman called Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie, who said he wasn’t going to have the cap money to compete for him. And Sherman called Detroit coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn; incentive package too rich for Detroit’s blood."

They spoke specifically about the incentives in the deal and not the overall package.

None of this really matters all that much as he is where he is, but the reporting is that he spoke about the specific terms of the deal and not just "hey, they are offering 39 million".

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3k4qi2ij said:
Hoped he would depart with more class than this....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2278 ... came-stale

Got it. So instead of continuing the spirit of what he had bought into and helping to find new ways to evolve the philosophy and teach it to younger guys as a leader he decided to instead become a cancer.

While I think the way Pete does things has its issues, I also think what Sherman says in this interview goes a long way to reinforcing the serious character flaws many here have speculated he has over the last several years. It seems more and more likely he was among those responsible for the team chemistry dissolving (make no mistake, I think Pete himself holds the most responsibility for this.)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
29512650_1639137059497768_4823865695158871942_n.png

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":hazpgp1n said:
A lot of butt hurt hawk fans rn.
Yep.

IMHO this move will haunt the Hawks for years, hopefully I’m wrong about that, but I doubt it.

That being said As much as I loved RS here, I hope Russ and company burn him for about three TD’s a game.