Unger and Breno out...

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":26z5gwyt said:
[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9961927&p=&n=[/urltargetblank]

According to Pete on the radio, it seems a longshot for them to play, but he hasn't declared them out yet. Said we won't know for sure until practice today.

I think anyone who isn't worried about being out both starting tackles and your center for a game against a solid defense on the road is crazy. I am beginning to believe in the next man up mantra, but there are only so many "next men" who can hold their own. The only saving grace is we are able to game plan for this instead of having it happen during the game.

Please stop, this is harrassment.

mikeak

Reaction score
Problem 1 - backups aren't as good as starters

Problem 2 - you are using backups and this is football. People get hurt so now you are looking at a 3rd stringer if anything happens in the game

Don't make it out to be nothing. Doesn't mean we are going to lose but injuries piling up in one area of the team is ALWAYS a bad thing that can have a huge impact on the season

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Who acutally tweeted that they were out, I have a lot of hawk media on my twitter and haven't seen anything?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
If this ends up being true, I'm going to have to be honest, I'm not that worried. If we HAD to have multiple injuries somewhere on this team, I would have said, "Let it be the O-Line, then." I'm not saying that it doesn't matter, but I think that based on the players and the scheming, we can minimize these losses the most.

Plus, I have to be honest, I'm thinking long-term. For the rest of the season, I want as many of our players as right as possible. If that means Unger takes a week or two to heal his arm so he can turn back into the caliber of center we know he is, then I can live with Jeanpierre for a couple of weeks. Breno is a road grader, but if Bailey has to take his place for a couple weeks so he can get right, so be it.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I wasn't saying the injuries are nothing, irs something. What's nothing is the notion we should have 5 Top 10 picks acroos the OL (you know, the types that are PB level in run and pass game). The injuries are something, whining over OL play before that is nothing.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Last time Unger was out we couldn't manage to beat the Browns.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Danny Kelly, per Pete, "not looking like Unger or Breno will play"

White Knight

Reaction score
Next. Man. Up. No excuses, gents. Leave no doubt.

Pick you Pete-ism! ;)

I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I think the team members have the right mindset (always be prepared to step in) to weather the storm.

That said, it's a hell of a lot easier to patch a hole in a ship in rough seas than it is to replace an entire hull.

Attachments

• 3p6sol.jpg
    3p6sol.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,183

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's like people are looking for a reason to be pessimistic about this team. Blah, blah, blah, backups, blah, blah, blah, but our second string O-line looked good in preseason. If it's delusional to think that Cable can get the best out of some of these guys (let's not forget Lemuel has been on the team since 2011), then call me crazy. I'd rather have a 100% back up who can do 70% of what our starters can do rather than a 100% knowledgeable player who can only get to 50%. Who knows, maybe it'll be another Sherman situation where someone steps up BIG.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawknballs":zy3aqza5 said:
Who acutally tweeted that they were out, I have a lot of hawk media on my twitter and haven't seen anything?

It came from Pete on his morning radio show. He said they are both going to have a hard time making it.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Watt will get his sacks, not a big deal though.
He's not a dirty player that would try and hurt Russell.
Now Cushing on the other hand!
The steroid addled freak would try and hurt somebody.
I still think the defense will win this one.
Just hoping no one else gets dinged up.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Seaswab":2uiugnyf said:

Well, that game we were also missing Marshawn Lynch and Tarvaris Jackson, and we had to give tons of carries to Leon Washington (great PR/KR, as evidenced by his PR TD that got called back on a phantom penalty, thanks Mike Carey, you moron, but not a quality RB at that point in his career) and Justin Forsett.

Also, Clipboard Jesus is TERRIBLE.

I think we were missing someone else on offense too that game. Can't remember who. But I wouldn't peg that loss on no Unger.

themunn

Reaction score
Seaswab":69zyvnxk said:

Also make that the last time Lynch was out and Charlie Whitehurst had to lead the game

formido

Reaction score
If Unger is out, we will probably lose this game. Injured centers have a shockingly big effect on game play and outcomes.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
And for the record, never believe me. I don't know football, I'm just here for fart jokes and to be harassed, apparently.