Uchenna Nwosu

seabowl

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that this guy has been such a great player this season totaling already nine sacks, and just been a constant presence around the ball. He may be the best free agent acquisition the team has made in a number of years and especially the price they got him at.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
No doubt the best free agent pass rusher since Ziggy Ansah
Since? Ansah had 2.5 sacks/18 total tackles in 11 games for the Hawks in 2019, and imo looked rather washed. Nwosu has been waaay better in every aspect.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
When we signed Nwosu, I looked at as though we were picking up other people's trash. He has far exceeded my expectations. I'm happy to have him on the team.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Love this dude I was jacked up when we signed him after talking with Charger fans that were pissed they didn’t re-sign him. Another brilliant move by JS and a key piece to a playoff contender in the Hawks

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC Nwosu was sitting behind someone, right? Not getting a bunch of snaps.

Jville

Reaction score
IIRC Nwosu was sitting behind someone, right? Not getting a bunch of snaps.
He was the Chargers #3 guy.

The Uchenna Nwosu free agent signing reminds me of the 2010 free agent signing of Chris Clemons. Clemons had 11 sacks in his first year as a Seahawk. Chris owned the right edge of the line of scrimage. Terrific defensive end who developed a knack for forcing fumbles by swatting a quarterback's arm. I'd like to see the return of that game day spectacle/skill.

sutz

Reaction score

The Uchenna Nwosu free agent signing reminds me of the 2010 free agent signing of Chris Clemons. Clemons had 11 sacks in his first year as a Seahawk. Chris owned the right edge of the line of scrimage. Terrific defensive end who developed a knack for forcing fumbles by swatting a quarterback's arm. I'd like to see the return of that game day spectacle/skill.
Nice comp. Could live with that. :)

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

Clemons came through a trade…

Jville

Reaction score
Clemons came through a trade…
Thanks. Your right! I stand corrected.

The other player they obtained as a result of their March 2010 trade with the Eagles has worked out much better. The Seahawks and Eagles swapped defensive ends in that deal, sending Darryl Tapp to Philadelphia for Chris Clemons and a fourth-round pick they would use on Wilson. Link >>> https://sports.mynorthwest.com/43029/chris-clemons-trade-continues-to-pay-off-for-seahawks/

A trade that highlights, once again, that it is all about player/scheme fit.
Note: not that QB but EJ Wilson a 4th round DE

knownone

Reaction score
Nwosu would be even better if he had competent pass rushers around him. The dude looks gassed half the time he's out there.

Polk738

Reaction score
No doubt the best free agent pass rusher since Ziggy Ansah

Yes Clearly the best tackler since Joe Montana

Nwosu would be even better if he had competent pass rushers around him. The dude looks gassed half the time he's out there.

He's getting double teamed more since he IS pretty much the only pass rushing threat

-To me it's the best FA acquisition since signing Bennett and Avril, two pass rushers that put the 2013 team over the top, Bennett was such a force because he could line up practically anywhere on the line and cause problems, to where as Avril was just so fast off of the edge. I miss having those two so much on this team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
When we signed Nwosu, I looked at as though we were picking up other people's trash. He has far exceeded my expectations. I'm happy to have him on the team.
Weird take
I remember most being pretty excited about the signing....