Tyler Lockett

baumer64

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with his receiving skills as well as return skills. Is he potentially our eventual true "#1 receiver"? No disrespect intended to ADB.

jkitsune

Reaction score
When you consider that he's a rookie, and wideouts typically take 2-3 years to really begin to contribute at the NFL level, it's pretty exciting to think about.

Even Doug Baldwin, who has been as steady as we've had in our offense in a while, hasn't really come on until late into his 4th (I think?) year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seattle doesn't need a true #1. I like those two little jitterbugs.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Smellyman":25slhu7i said:
Seattle doesn't need a true #1. I like those two little jitterbugs.

As long as the 'Hawks have a reliable receiver down the seam, preferably in Graham (since I think he was starting to come on and would continue to fit in well here, but any well-rounded TE would do), I think they'll continue to excel.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
You can definitely tell he comes from a family of football. Truly well rounded football player.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I was sure hoping to see a nice receiving corps of Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, and Graham lining up this year with Beast Mode in the backfield.

Maybe next year.

But I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing.

-bsd

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Thundercat had 164 yards on 12 touches. 7 catches, 1 run, 1 KO return, 3 Punt returns.

The dude also caught his 7 catches out of 7 targets for 90 yards. Just outstandingly effecient.

The three big rookies shined today save for the Rawls fumble.

Rawls: 22 touches, 123 yards (5.6 average), 1 TDs
Clark: 2 sacks, 2 Pass Defensed

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1zg6984l said:
Thundercat had 164 yards on 12 touches. 7 catches, 1 run, 1 KO return, 3 Punt returns.

The dude also caught his 7 catches out of 7 targets for 90 yards. Just outstandingly effecient.

The three big rookies shined today save for the Rawls fumble.

Rawls: 22 touches, 123 yards (5.6 average), 1 TDs
Clark: 2 sacks, 2 Pass Defensed

I just wanted to "like" this, or thumbs up. These are great numbers from our rooks. Actually, outstanding. And the thing is, they're all showing up game in game out and are only getting better. That thought is very, very exciting!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
You know we talk about P-Rich being small and slight but Lockett ain't any bigger and after the way he jumped up following that hit he took today he looks like a tough as hell kid.

GREAT draft pick and worth everything given up to move up and get him.

HawkerD

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2cc52k1x said:
I was sure hoping to see a nice receiving corps of Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, and Graham lining up this year with Beast Mode in the backfield.

Maybe next year.

-bsd
Such a positive thread then you name Richardson. Won't surprise me if he gets cut in the preseason. No way can he be counted on. He was injured in college and the trend continues. He is glass. It happens.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":z4d9uqz6 said:
You know we talk about P-Rich being small and slight but Lockett ain't any bigger and after the way he jumped up following that hit he took today he looks like a tough as hell kid.

Tyler is more muscular than P-rich. Seems to be a tad quicker as well.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
jkitsune":2z4f2bed said:
When you consider that he's a rookie, and wideouts typically take 2-3 years to really begin to contribute at the NFL level, it's pretty exciting to think about.

Even Doug Baldwin, who has been as steady as we've had in our offense in a while, hasn't really come on until late into his 4th (I think?) year.
If memory serves me right Baldwin was just as effective as a rookie receiver as Lockett has been.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been critical of kearse and thought he should of had another one today but I like him at our #3. RW trusts him and in that type of role he has value. Lockett should definitely demand more targets moving forward though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
HawkerD":68vl7l41 said:
bigskydoc":68vl7l41 said:

Maybe next year.

-bsd
Such a positive thread then you name Richardson. Won't surprise me if he gets cut in the preseason. No way can he be counted on. He was injured in college and the trend continues. He is glass. It happens.

I guarantee he is not cut. If he tears another ACL next year it is still highly unlikely he gets cut the following year unless he flat out can't play.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30ebupjc said:
jkitsune":30ebupjc said:

If memory serves me right Baldwin was just as effective as a rookie receiver as Lockett has been.

You are right, and I am wrong. It was his second year, not his rookie year, where he struggled to find much success.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2slpo7y6 said:

Lockett is about the same size as Antonio Brown, and he might be the best WR in the league.

I'm impressed with his route running; he's very adept at quick slants and shorter routes, intermediate crossing routes, and is also really good at getting deep.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
baumer64":3u836xx1 said:
I'm very impressed with his receiving skills as well as return skills. Is he potentially our eventual true "#1 receiver"? No disrespect intended to ADB.
He's elite but he isn't a number one level receiver in the NFL. I'm hoping Graham will be okay because I see the Seahawks doing what the Patriots do, have a TE that runs the seems pulling coverage with a couple great route runners and one guy that actually runs deep routes. That would be perfect for Wilson and his playground style much like Rothliesburger.

But number one is so subjective. I watched him at Kansas State and he is ELITE. But not in the classic AJ Green or Dez Bryant metric.

blazen2392

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2tenvuck said:
baumer64":2tenvuck said:
He's elite but he isn't a number one level receiver in the NFL. I'm hoping Graham will be okay because I see the Seahawks doing what the Patriots do, have a TE that runs the seems pulling coverage with a couple great route runners and one guy that actually runs deep routes. That would be perfect for Wilson and his playground style much like Rothliesburger.

What makes you say that? Its only his rookie year. The talent is definitely there. Antonio Brown has shown size at wide receiver is overrated for a #1. Reliable hands, speed, and great route running is a much more reliable. Lockett is a clone of AB. At the very least we have poor mans AB.

Latest posts