Tyler Lockett is better than Percy Harvin

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Anybody born the same date as Largent in the same town as Largent in the same hospital(?) as Largent playing the same position as Largent is not going to be bad.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yep Tyler Largent is a winner, so much he had to change his name to Lockett.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":og6vqqby said:
Subzero717":og6vqqby said:
SeaToTheHawks":og6vqqby said:
A baby seal dies every time "No E" is used as a nickname.

Its his nickname. Even Carroll calls him that. Get over it.

Link please?

Pete talked about it in a press conference a couple of weeks ago. I believe it was in a conversation with Danny O'Neil.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
One thing I really like about Tyler is his hands. He catches the ball pretty damn well, maybe the best out of all our receivers. On his long reception against the Cardinals the CB got his hands on the ball while Lockett was catching it and he had to catch it awkwardly, but he still hauled it in. Loved seeing that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawksfan515":1cs81ag4 said:
One thing I really like about Tyler is his hands. He catches the ball pretty damn well, maybe the best out of all our receivers. On his long reception against the Cardinals the CB got his hands on the ball while Lockett was catching it and he had to catch it awkwardly, but he still hauled it in. Loved seeing that.

Not only that, but he wraps his arms around it after the catch. You can see he's obviously made ball security a top priority. Gotta love that in any player, especially a rookie. Kid's gonna be a superstar.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1c3slpp9 said:
I'll add that with Harvin, his agility was pure instinct/reaction. Lockett appears to be more calculating; it seems as if he's slightly surveying the field and his escape options. He's more like Wilson - or Tate - in that respect. He's a more cerebral runner. This should help his longevity in a dangerous role..

This really encapsulates the difference to me. The analogy isn't perfect, but it is like Harvin was an alcohol dragster and Lockett is a Formula 1 car. Watching Harvin break off a run was just a thing of raw horsepower beauty, but he was always just a quarter step away from complete disaster. Lockett is much more technical. Maybe doesn't look quite as fast, but he is almost always in control with well planned out cuts. When he hits the accelerator, he takes off, but maybe not quite with the same raw explosiveness you saw out of Harvin.

Whether the numbers back it up or not, that is just what it looks like to me as a casual observer.

- bsd