Tyler Lockett is better than Percy Harvin

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I don't know, if the rumors are true then Tate was gone regardless.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seymour":789yq462 said:
Tech Worlds":789yq462 said:
I think Harvin is faster and probably a little quicker but that doesn't make him a better football player.

Lockett is a better all around football player and teammate easily.

They are nearly identical in 40 times.

I love lockett and i could post my texts to my friend about how i thought he was the next Devin hester of the league, ( in preseason), but i don't think lockett has harvins speed and i don't care what the clocks say. Lockett is smarter tho, and i think just more instinctive about making defenders miss and how to calculate instantaneously where a seam may be found in a kick team coverage, which is why i give him the advantage overall. But football speed goes to harvin all day every day imo. His burst was not human, which is why i think he was hurt all the time. The body just isn't designed to be that fast. D Rose has the same problem.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Optimus25":1yb0mpkk said:
Seymour":1yb0mpkk said:
Tech Worlds":1yb0mpkk said:
I think Harvin is faster and probably a little quicker but that doesn't make him a better football player.

I love lockett and i could post my texts to my friend about how i thought he was the next Devin hester of the league, ( in preseason), but i don't think lockett has harvins speed and i don't care what the clocks say. Lockett is smarter tho, and i think just more instinctive about making defenders miss and how to calculate instantaneously where a seam may be found in a kick team coverage, which is why i give him the advantage overall. But football speed goes to harvin all day every day imo. His burst was not human, which is why i think he was hurt all the time. The body just isn't designed to be that fast. D Rose has the same problem.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights

They're about equally as fast; Harvin just looked faster because only his upper body was that fast.

Hawks46

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2yisc47x said:
I don't want to get crap for this, but Russell has over/underthrown this kid at least a dozen times this season on would-be TDs. Had Russ been able to hit him in stride, he'd have twice as many TDs and a crapload more yards.

I totally agree. It's that "chemistry" issue that we always hear about; a QB and WR need time to get on the same page, and this is one of those things. I'd bet I've seen at least 4 TD's that should've happened and it was on the throw.

As for Lockett, he's already had a better year than every one of Harvin's except the one good one he had with Favre. Plus, he's WAY more durable which I really like. I don't care how fast a guy is, he can't do anything from the sidelines.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Most of those missed passes were to Lockett with at least a step of separation, as well. He makes nice moves at the line to throw the DB's hips off, then sprints past.

The advantage to even the missed passes is that it forces the safety to be honest, playing deeper, and thus giving more intermediary space. Does it help the running game? Smarter minds could chime in here but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawks46":1dmvdcer said:
peachesenregalia":1dmvdcer said:
I don't want to get crap for this, but Russell has over/underthrown this kid at least a dozen times this season on would-be TDs. Had Russ been able to hit him in stride, he'd have twice as many TDs and a crapload more yards.

I totally agree. It's that "chemistry" issue that we always hear about; a QB and WR need time to get on the same page, and this is one of those things. I'd bet I've seen at least 4 TD's that should've happened and it was on the throw.

As for Lockett, he's already had a better year than every one of Harvin's except the one good one he had with Favre. Plus, he's WAY more durable which I really like. I don't care how fast a guy is, he can't do anything from the sidelines.

Yup I notice that too, and Chemistry is a big big thing, especially if the players never played with each other before, look at Doug in his sophomore year with Wilson couldn't connect with Wilson until the next year. Tyler has to go to their off-season practice with Wilson, and that chemistry will be there even moreso next year. It also took a bit for Wilson and Graham to be on the same page. Eventually next year will probably be a much better offense and that in itself should scare the rest of the league.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Seymour":3870nopc said:
Tech Worlds":3870nopc said:

There is a difference between football speed and 40 times.

Threedee

Reaction score
I am currently holding onto the dream that the crazy kid who dropped out of the Combine last year will show-up soon and fulfill God's plan of him becoming a Seahawk.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":nx3wxrcp said:
Seymour":nx3wxrcp said:
Tech Worlds":nx3wxrcp said:

You said Harvin is faster and quicker, and we're saying neither is true. As evident by yesterday, Lockett is every bit as allusive and quick to avoid tacklers as Harvin is/was.

Even Pete's said Lockett's speed and quickness is off the charts, which is why Russell's constantly underthrowing him.

naholmes

Reaction score
Percy made 1 play for the Seahawks, Lockett surpassed him in week 1.

Rocket

Reaction score
smashmouth59":2np7fxew said:
He is clearly a better route runner with better hands, just as elusive, a better returner, and twice the focus, dedication and intelligence as Percy Harvin.

Twice? TWICE?

That's an insult to No-E. You best revise that one.

kearly

Reaction score
If you take Lockett's numbers since Wilson flipped the switch vs. SF seven weeks ago and prorate those numbers over 16 games, his season statline would look like this:

69 catches, 923 receiving yards, 11 TDs.

Lockett is more than a great returner and catch magnet, he's a productive player and he finds the end zone. The TDs are probably inflated, but even if you shave off a few scores, that would be the same as Golden Tate's best season in Seattle.

This makes me think that with a full season of spread concepts being emphasized that Lockett has a decent chance to crack 1000 yards at some point.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3ovf8u2f said:

It's not just with Lockett.

- bsd

(cue the false dichotomists)

kearly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":157zgciv said:
Tech Worlds":157zgciv said:
Seymour":157zgciv said:
Tech Worlds":157zgciv said:

You said Harvin is faster and quicker, and we're saying neither is true. As evident by yesterday, Lockett is every bit as allusive and quick to avoid tacklers as Harvin is/was.

Even Pete's said Lockett's speed and quickness is off the charts, which is why Russell's constantly underthrowing him.

Tech is right. Harvin is a little bit more field fast and a little bit more explosive and also more physical. But Tech only says this to qualify his statement that Lockett is a clearly superior player despite measuring a bit less in a few areas.

If Harvin had Lockett's head and Lockett's heart, he'd still be in Minnesota and heading towards his umpteenth pro-bowl.

Rocket

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":10sie5kk said:
Subzero717":10sie5kk said:
SeaToTheHawks":10sie5kk said:
A baby seal dies every time "No E" is used as a nickname.
Its his nickname. Even Carroll calls him that. Get over it.
Link please?

Watch Sherman's post-game from last night. Listen for it. Seahawks.com/{recent videos} The { & } means ya gotta look for it.

Do you ask girls to provide you links before any sort of enjoyment happens?