Tyler Lockett is better than Percy Harvin

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3vu7uvzj said:
I don't want to get crap for this, but Russell has over/underthrown this kid at least a dozen times this season on would-be TDs. Had Russ been able to hit him in stride, he'd have twice as many TDs and a crapload more yards.

Hell just yesterday Lockett dusted Patrick Peterson and Russ missed him

Once Russ gets a better feel for just how fast he is, they will connect on more and more of those deep throws. I'm just glad Bevell dials these calls up now.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2dzbore8 said:
Seymour":2dzbore8 said:
Tech Worlds":2dzbore8 said:
I think Harvin is faster and probably a little quicker but that doesn't make him a better football player.

Lockett is a better all around football player and teammate easily.

They are nearly identical in 40 times.
There is a difference between football speed and 40 times.

And yet Lockett is WIDE open about 10x more often than Harvin ever dreamed of? I see no evidence either on paper or with the eye test Harvin is quicker or faster than Lockett.

sutz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27p6yo1p said:
peachesenregalia":27p6yo1p said:
I don't want to get crap for this, but Russell has over/underthrown this kid at least a dozen times this season on would-be TDs. Had Russ been able to hit him in stride, he'd have twice as many TDs and a crapload more yards.

Hell just yesterday Lockett dusted Patrick Peterson and Russ missed him

Once Russ gets a better feel for just how fast he is, they will connect on more and more of those deep throws. I'm just glad Bevell dials these calls up now.

True, it takes time to develop the timing and practice doesn't quite get it, has to be learned together in real game time. But I don't really worry about it. That deep ball is always a low percentage shot. :229031_shrug:

They throw it as much to create space in the secondary and back the corners off the line as much as to score every time. Hell, even on the interception, Lock was double covered and it worked as well as any Ryan punt. :laugh:

No-E is that rare guy who, even as a rookie, not only has that blazing 'take the top off the D' speed, but can actually run routes and get open in the short to intermediate areas and catch quick slants. Hopefully he has a long and productive Seahawks career.

Yeah, I called him No-E. :p

naholmes

Reaction score
Percy might have been faster as a rookie but he hasn't finished any of the past four seasons and I think he's lost a step.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":1oxat1aq said:
Tech is right. Harvin is a little bit more field fast and a little bit more explosive and also more physical. But Tech only says this to qualify his statement that Lockett is a clearly superior player despite measuring a bit less in a few areas.

If Harvin had Lockett's head and Lockett's heart, he'd still be in Minnesota and heading towards his umpteenth pro-bowl.

I get what you're saying, and I said eariler Harvin's quickness on the field is more lateral and sudden like a running back. But I'm not going to concede that he's quicker or faster than Tyler.

Different styles, same result.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
It's hard to compare the two at this stage of their careers. Harvin was used to greater effect in the Vikings offense in his rookie year (2009) than Lockett was for us in 2015, but Harvin's not the same man now - he may have played himself out of the NFL altogether.

Lockett's rookie receiving numbers are relatively comparable to Harvin's, when adjusted for a few more receptions, taking into account that the former was sparingly used on Offense - for only two catches a game on average (no TDs) - for the first six weeks of the season. Lockett's also far more of a typical WR; he runs much better routes, and he's not dependent on undue gimmicks like bubble screens and reverses in order to get the ball. Harvin was like a booster rocket - fast, but not very steerable. Straight-line speed was his biggest asset.

At the peak of his career, Harvin was arguably faster and more agile at top speed than Lockett, but those metrics are mostly useful in a return-game context. Lockett has the same 40 time as Harvin at this point in their careers.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
smashmouth59":3idgt63h said:
I was just listening to nfll network and one of the analysts said very assertively that "Tyler Locket is better than Percy Harvin."

It took me a minute to process this but the magnitude of that statement hit me like a ton of bricks. This guy has arrived and it is obvious. I can't get you stats, we know his drop rate is at the top along with Baldwin and Kearse.

He is clearly a better route runner with better hands, just as elusive, a better returner, and twice the focus, dedication and intelligence as Percy Harvin. He gives this offense the screen game, the deep ball, a guy you go to deep in 1 on 1 coverage and trust that he is getting it or no-one is.

We know Cooper or Gurley will get offensive rookie of the year, but arguably neither have been as consistent as Tyler Locket has been over the last 8 games.

This team is stacked with talent and our offense is no longer the little brother to the defense. Tyler "The Kid" Locket is the receiver we have been looking for since we traded for Percy Harvin.

Go hawks.
90% of NFL WRs are better than Harvin so im not sure why they would use him as the comparison or why anyone would be surprised.

Harvin is hands-down the absolute most overrated player in NFL history.

He's been in the NFL for quite a while and has done NOTHING but cash checks.

Usually people forget about players who were all hype within 2 years, but Harvin will be treated like a star for the next 5 years even if he never plays another game in his career.

It is absolutely mindboggling.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":281udpda said:
kearly":281udpda said:
Tech is right. Harvin is a little bit more field fast and a little bit more explosive and also more physical. But Tech only says this to qualify his statement that Lockett is a clearly superior player despite measuring a bit less in a few areas.

If Harvin had Lockett's head and Lockett's heart, he'd still be in Minnesota and heading towards his umpteenth pro-bowl.

I get what you're saying, and I said eariler Harvin's quickness on the field is more lateral and sudden like a running back. But I'm not going to concede that he's quicker or faster than Tyler.

Different styles, same result.

Same result?

Harvin = innefective, extremely 1 dimensional
Locket = extremely effective, multifaceted

If Locket was getting the same results as Harvin he would be a bust

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Rocket":1ivucpc6 said:
SeaToTheHawks":1ivucpc6 said:
Subzero717":1ivucpc6 said:
SeaToTheHawks":1ivucpc6 said:
A baby seal dies every time "No E" is used as a nickname.
Its his nickname. Even Carroll calls him that. Get over it.
Link please?

Watch Sherman's post-game from last night. Listen for it. Seahawks.com/{recent videos} The { & } means ya gotta look for it.

Do you ask girls to provide you links before any sort of enjoyment happens?

Don't be a moron.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'd like to add - not in his overall defense, really - that Harvin was absolutely faster than Lockett on kickoff returns. Once Harvin passed the opposing Kicker, it was over. No one on the field could catch him. CF with Lockett yesterday, when three Cardinals caught him from behind after Drew Butler missed. I know that kickoffs and punts are different animals, but Lockett is sometimes not the fastest man on the field, and he appears to slow a bit after 65-70 yards, whereas Harvin could still top-gear it home once he reached the opposite 35-40 yard line.

I'll add that with Harvin, his agility was pure instinct/reaction. Lockett appears to be more calculating; it seems as if he's slightly surveying the field and his escape options. He's more like Wilson - or Tate - in that respect. He's a more cerebral runner. This should help his longevity in a dangerous role.

Also, this: every one of these major draft successes - Lockett is a Pro-Bowler in his first year, which qualifies as "major" - keeps one or potentially two high-priced vets on the team with the CBA terms factored in. Another reason of many why Lockett is much better for us right now.

ivotuk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3rlkiuwc said:

This right here folks. Russell hasn't adjusted to his speed yet so they have a bet on. Every time Russell overthrows No E in a game, Tyler must buy Russell a steak. Everytime Russell underthrows No E, Russell is doing the buying, something different than a steak, can't remember.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2w1r4f3e said:
smashmouth59":2w1r4f3e said:
I was just listening to nfll network and one of the analysts said very assertively that "Tyler Locket is better than Percy Harvin."

It took me a minute to process this but the magnitude of that statement hit me like a ton of bricks. This guy has arrived and it is obvious. I can't get you stats, we know his drop rate is at the top along with Baldwin and Kearse.

He is clearly a better route runner with better hands, just as elusive, a better returner, and twice the focus, dedication and intelligence as Percy Harvin. He gives this offense the screen game, the deep ball, a guy you go to deep in 1 on 1 coverage and trust that he is getting it or no-one is.

We know Cooper or Gurley will get offensive rookie of the year, but arguably neither have been as consistent as Tyler Locket has been over the last 8 games.

This team is stacked with talent and our offense is no longer the little brother to the defense. Tyler "The Kid" Locket is the receiver we have been looking for since we traded for Percy Harvin.

Go hawks.
90% of NFL WRs are better than Harvin so im not sure why they would use him as the comparison or why anyone would be surprised.

Harvin is hands-down the absolute most overrated player in NFL history.

He's been in the NFL for quite a while and has done NOTHING but cash checks.

Usually people forget about players who were all hype within 2 years, but Harvin will be treated like a star for the next 5 years even if he never plays another game in his career.

It is absolutely mindboggling.

Ok really, did Percy steal your girl in college or something? The hate you hold for this guy is even more mindboggling. :lol:

ava

Reaction score
smashmouth59":2rmpujmi said:

Go hawks.

I for one was very impressed. Hopefully it will not work out like Patrick Peterson. I remember his rookie year he returned four punts for TD and nada since then. I think Tyler is different somehow though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Since we get to make up nicknames for TL,I've seen a few and none are very good.I'm going to call him "TY BYE BYE"It can't be any worse.Back to topic.He blows Harvin away already by far and he is only going to get better.One of the Hawks best draft picks in a while

Seymour

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1lwwvkvd said:
I'd like to add - not in his overall defense, really - that Harvin was absolutely faster than Lockett on kickoff returns. Once Harvin passed the opposing Kicker, it was over. No one on the field could catch him. CF with Lockett yesterday, when three Cardinals caught him from behind after Drew Butler missed. I know that kickoffs and punts are different animals, but Lockett is sometimes not the fastest man on the field, and he appears to slow a bit after 65-70 yards, whereas Harvin could still top-gear it home once he reached the opposite 35-40 yard line.

I'll add that with Harvin, his agility was pure instinct/reaction. Lockett appears to be more calculating; it seems as if he's slightly surveying the field and his escape options. He's more like Wilson - or Tate - in that respect. He's a more cerebral runner. This should help his longevity in a dangerous role.

Also, this: every one of these major draft successes - Lockett is a Pro-Bowler in his first year, which qualifies as "major" - keeps one or potentially two high-priced vets on the team with the CBA terms factored in. Another reason of many why Lockett is much better for us right now.

LOL. You need to go watch that play again! He had just made a cut and 2 players had angles on him. The cut took enough off to close the gap and the side angles were closed in to make the stop.

No way did he get run down from behind by 3 guys in a flat out sprint. Have you been watching him 1 on 1 and seen how open he's getting on deep balls? That doesn't happen when you are slower than the entire other teams secondary.

Rocket

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":2h7m3xe2 said:
Rocket":2h7m3xe2 said:
SeaToTheHawks":2h7m3xe2 said:
Link please?

Watch Sherman's post-game from last night. Listen for it. Seahawks.com/{recent videos} The { & } means ya gotta look for it.

Do you ask girls to provide you links before any sort of enjoyment happens?

Don't be a moron.

Am I a moron because I provided an official Hawks video in which you can see and hear Sherman referring to Lockett as "No-E" and thus proved you wrong, or am I a moron because I discovered a new and exciting dating technique used only by a select few.

I've found that a put-down that is consistent with the person being put down is much more effective than simply lashing out. For example, I'm bright, Mom even used to call me Son, so calling me a "moron" is highly ineffective and makes me giggle... it even made the cat giggle.

Rocket

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ttwdlpan said:
Since we get to make up nicknames for TL,I've seen a few and none are very good.I'm going to call him "TY BYE BYE"It can't be any worse.Back to topic.He blows Harvin away already by far and he is only going to get better.One of the Hawks best draft picks in a while
Nope. They do, not us. If the team calls the dude "No-E" then it's no E he be.

largenutz

Reaction score
Here's a corny nickname... I just came up with sitting on my throne..."TLC"... As in TLC U LATER... I'll keep my day job...lol

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seymour":2bn261id said:
Our Man in Chicago":2bn261id said:

LOL. You need to go watch that play again! He had just made a cut and 2 players had angles on him. The cut took enough off to close the gap and the side angles were closed in to make the stop.

No way did he get run down from behind by 3 guys in a flat out sprint. Have you been watching him 1 on 1 and seen how open he's getting on deep balls? That doesn't happen when you are slower than the entire other teams secondary.

I believe he was actually snagged and broke a hand tackle on that play, which slowed him considerably. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.