Trent Williams fined for Sherman punch

mikeak

Reaction score
Could be tied to game check which is about $20k-$25k in playoffs and then it is significant in percentage...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Wow, read the comments, people (outside Seattle) HATE Sherman, its crazy.

He's become this villain in the eyes of NFL fans. It's so incredibly awesome.

PAT206

Reaction score
wonder if he'll be suspended week 1 next season

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Guy is making $11M this year. That's toilet paper money right there.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3h00mfcu said:
Fine for touching QB while already in the air. $15,000

Blatantly punching someone in the mouth: Half that.

A big double bird to the NFL. Hypocrites.

Complete hypocrites. I hope we win it all so we can say a giant SUCK IT to all of them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
twisted_steel2":yymb2vdw said:

What slays me is they act like he is the first NFL player to ever talk trash. Wow. Just. Wow.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Aros":270y8c4a said:
twisted_steel2":270y8c4a said:

What slays me is they act like he is the first NFL player to ever talk trash. Wow. Just. Wow.
We're talking about the current crop of fanboys. These kids don't appreciate the trash talking and bravado that comes with being a top athlete. I'm young myself, but I embrace that attitude. It's entertaining as hell, and it shows a real Passion for the game.

As is shown by my user handle, I love athletes like this. Payton will always be my all time favorite Seattle athlete, but my current favorite is Sherman.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love Sherman, as GP is one of my all-time favorite sports stars ever as well. This cracked me up though...

Attachments

• yeah.jpg
    yeah.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 900

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now ya know what it's gonna be like having a Deion Sanders, if you have him you love him if not everyone will hate him. Our guy actually tackles though. I can't remember a guy that was so good at getting people worked up and then back it up since Sanders. Revell doesn't touch Sherman as far as I am concerned. Both Sherman and Sanders are doing it without a camera on them 24 7 like in NY.

Cartire

Reaction score
chris98251":3mfcqzfq said:
Well now ya know what it's gonna be like having a Deion Sanders, if you have him you love him if not everyone will hate him. Our guy actually tackles though. I can't remember a guy that was so good at getting people worked up and then back it up since Sanders. Revell doesn't touch Sherman as far as I am concerned. Both Sherman and Sanders are doing it without a camera on them 24 7 like in NY.
'
Im assuming you meant revis. And I would have to completely disagree with you. Theres a reason they call it revis island. The guy is the best. Sherman is up and coming close second.

Hawkfan11

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1m1mqxc2 said:
If you punch a player in the face after a playoff game: $7,875 and if you are wearing the wrong color socks on the field: $20,000.

It all makes sense to me

If he had hip tossed him ala Trent Cole it would have only been $7,500.....make sense of that lol

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":7tq2dt59 said:
If he punches someone that didn't beat a PED charge, the fine is higher :|
Now that's some funny shit right there, no matter who you are. (unless yer Trent Williams :16: )

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
chris98251":tk24uwoc said:
LOL please don't try to compare Sherman to Deion. For starters Sherman can't even hold Deion's jockstrap talent wise. Secondly the way they go about smack talking is totally different. Deion was all about praising himself and telling everyone how great he was. From what I heard on Sound FX telling garcon "you suck" Sherman is about degrading the other player. Totally different.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Dirty Bird":3nqrnhpz said:
chris98251":3nqrnhpz said:
LOL please don't try to compare Sherman to Deion. For starters Sherman can't even hold Deion's jockstrap talent wise. Secondly the way they go about smack talking is totally different. Deion was all about praising himself and telling everyone how great he was. From what I heard on Sound FX telling garcon "you suck" Sherman is about degrading the other player. Totally different.

Nobody's trying to say Sherm's as good as Prime was. And their styles might be quite different but they both achieved the same desired outcome. Sherm would have to play at this level for 7-8 more years for there to even be that discussion, but I'm perfectly happy with where he is right now and I expect him to get even better. I imagine Prime would agree.

renofox

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":3i3y1j41 said:

I think you are missing some context. Garcon and teammates started the trash talk before the game in the media, calling Sherman a cheater and saying he's a nobody they never heard of. From the beginning of the game Garcon was also initiating cheap shots at Browner that I saw so I would assume he was doing the same when on Sherman's side of the field. The amped up physical play in the 3rd and 4th quarter did not come out of nowhere.

If you really want to see what I'm talking about, just look at the first play of the game in question. Redskins were king of blatant cheap shot unsportsmanlike play continuing almost 5 seconds after the play was dead - right in front of the ref who just watched and said nothing. Redskins set the tone and continued to escalate, then whined about it when they were shown up at their own game.

From what I've seen this year, all of Sherman's over-the-top trash-talk has been directed towards players who either started it themselves or had a huge hand in escalating it from a mild form.

From what I've seen this year, all of Sherman's extremely over-aggresive physical play had been directed towards players who either started it themselves or had a huge hand in escalating it from a mild form.

Can you point to one instance where Sherman actually initiated trash-talk off the field? Or one instance where he dissed another player before that player dissed him?

Don't listen to the media - their goal is to generate sensationalist tripe (unfortunately, that gains ratings - quite a sad commentary on the intelligence/attitude of the typical American).

Case in point. Media Line - "Sherman went and got in Williams face and started trash-talking after the game. He deserved the Williams face-moosh!"

Watch the video: Williams/Sherman Altercation

Sherman was congratulating and conversing with Redskins players and Williams got in his face and started an unprovoked fight.

Cartire

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2kilbsd0 said:
chris98251":2kilbsd0 said:

please tell me when he says that. He never says he sucks. Please quote a time on any link.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Cartire":aq7jomur said:
Dirty Bird":aq7jomur said:
chris98251":aq7jomur said:

please tell me when he says that. He never says he sucks. Please quote a time on any link.

He did say it after an incompletion to Garcon. Something like "you suck! You wanted this noise. You got it!" Or something like that. It wasn't a big deal though, and he wasn't in his grill or anything. Just your normal trash talk is all.

Jase

Reaction score
renofox":3ub0n6jc said:
Can you point to one instance where Sherman actually initiated trash-talk off the field? Or one instance where he dissed another player before that player dissed him?

This probably doesn't exactly count or could be even considered as a strong example, but he did change his twitter name to Optimus Prime and I'm pretty sure Megatron didn't say anything to or about him before that. Just sayin'.

:snack:

renofox

Reaction score
Jase":zle57alp said:
renofox":zle57alp said:

This probably doesn't exactly count or could be even considered as a strong example, but he did change his twitter name to Optimus Prime and I'm pretty sure Megatron didn't say anything to or about him before that. Just sayin'.

My perception may be extremely skewed, but I see that more as a sign of playful respect and having fun with the game. He's not trying to put anybody down, just stating that it's going to be an great matchup and an epic challenge.

I can not see any way that can be construed as trash-talk.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
renofox":r8pgd63p said:
Jase":r8pgd63p said:
renofox":r8pgd63p said:

My perception may be extremely skewed, but I see that more as a sign of playful respect and having fun with the game. He's not trying to put anybody down, just stating that it's going to be an great matchup and an epic challenge.

I can not see any way that can be construed as trash-talk.

I'm pretty sure some fan on twitter probably convinced him to do it and he did it cause he thought it was funny, same as the "U Mad Bro?" picture. Sent to him by a fan, he thought it was funny, and he sent it out to the world.