Trent Richardson to Indi

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":2rdi5uow said:
SeatownJay":2rdi5uow said:
kearly":2rdi5uow said:
This is a genius move. Look at the QBs who will go top 5 next draft. Look at the Browns QB. Springtime for Hitler.
You don't think the Browns' own pick will be in the top 5 and that they'll have to trade up?

They picked 3rd in 2012 and it wasn't good enough. They tried very hard to move up. Didn't happen.

BS they didnt want to give up what the Redskins did so thats why they didnt get RG3. If they really wanted RG3 they would of had him

A

Anonymous

I think this is the beginning of a series of unconventional moves from the Browns regime. Their version of "Suck for Luck" is officially underway.

Like Kip says, this is a brilliant move, but only if they follow through on a series of moves. The trick is going to be how this is going to be communicated to their fanbase.

Looks like the Browns press conference is at 7:30 eastern.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Very interesting Tweet, IMO.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 15m
A Browns starter tells me: "It makes sense. Trent has some things he needs to figure out before he becomes a dominant player in the league."

Pick6

Reaction score
I like it for both teams. Browns can always draft a RB like De'Anthony Thomas in the top of the 2nd round. They might also grab Clowney if they have a top 2 pick and Manziel in the late first.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2fwlwj7q said:
I think this is the beginning of a series of unconventional moves from the Browns regime. Their version of "Suck for Luck" is officially underway.

Like Kip says, this is a brilliant move, but only if they follow through on a series of moves. The trick is going to be how this is going to be communicated to their fanbase.

I guess it'll be "Tank for Teddy", as in Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville QB.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Mandu":1aizwnso said:
HoustonHawk82":1aizwnso said:

I guess it'll be "Tank for Teddy", as in Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville QB.

I like Blow for Bridgewater? This is abit mad, not the type of thing that usually happens after two games.

davidonmi

Reaction score
The browns just proved why they always lose., the trade itself isn't bad at all. The fact he was drafted at #3 was the blatant error

A

Anonymous

Press conference on now...

The press is hitting them hard...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Between this and starting Hoyer on Sunday, this reeks of tank.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Happybelly":1v7vazs7 said:
Richardson hasn't exactly impressed. Getting a first round pick for almost any RB is a pretty good deal. Richardson hasn't shown he's even close to elite so far.

My first reaction was to think "Woah! WTF are the Browns doing?!?!?", but after thinking about it for a second, you're absolutely right. To him not being anywhere near elite so far and getting a first for an RB being no small feat I'd also add that he has been regularly injured. In odd way I think the move makes sense for them, and I'm impressed they had the balls to make it.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Great move by the Colts. I think teams with excellent young QBs MUST try to win NOW, because their QBs are very cheap.
Just look at how much $$$ RW, CK7, Luck, Newton, RGIII are taking off the salary cap. When these guys are ready to get a new contract, they will basically hamper any Franchise, because 20-25% of the Team's salary will be tied-up in one player, leaving very little money left to sign quality experienced players.
Seattle is one of those lucky teams. They MUST do what it takes to win NOW. Just looking at Baltimore gives teams an example of what might happen to many franchises, once their QBs start getting paid what they are worth.
Except for Denver, the AFC is pathetic. The Colts should try to go as far as possible this year. This is an excellent move.
The Browns are the Browns. Why did they draft Weeden a few years ago? That was a bad decision. Time to clean house. They should release Campbell and just move on. There are good QBs in the draft ...

HawkWow

Reaction score
Woulda' been fun to be a fly on the wall at Hawk world headquarters.

We might have been dangling Michael @ Indy, thus his inactive status. Who knows?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I like this move by both teams.

Richardson isn't going to take the Browns anywhere (stacked box,crappy QBs) and getting a first round pick is damn good return, especially for a RB.

The Colts get someone to take pressure off of Neckbeard and their first wasn't going be top 5. I don't know much about the RBs coming out, but Richardson probably has more upside than the lot of them.

Fart

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkWow":3p7u3794 said:

We might have been dangling Michael @ Indy, thus his inactive status. Who knows?

Yeah... no.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Happybelly":2npso9f4 said:
Richardson hasn't exactly impressed. Getting a first round pick for almost any RB is a pretty good deal. Richardson hasn't shown he's even close to elite so far.

This, this and This again!

A first rounder for a back that hasnt done crap...way to go Browns. This is the new NFL. You dont pick RB in the first rounds anymore unless you KNOW they will turn out like AP.

Richardson might be good, but the media talks up this guy as if he is a top 5 back.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Basis4day":2vcz8lh9 said:
HawkWow":2vcz8lh9 said:

Yeah... no.

Yeah...no. What?