Trent Richardson to Indi

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Happybelly":3sv06qrn said:
Richardson hasn't exactly impressed. Getting a first round pick for almost any RB is a pretty good deal. Richardson hasn't shown he's even close to elite so far.
its only been 2 games into the new season. He ran for almost 1000 yards and 11 TDs as a rookie. What else do they have?

Sac

Reaction score
Browns leave another shit stain on the hearts of Cleveland fans. Their front office is clearly hoping to land Bridgewater, who they will promptly ruin.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow.....sucks to be a Brown fan, giving up on him so quickly is mind-boggling. And boy, our game against the Colts just got a lot more interesting.

Happybelly

Reaction score
-The Glove-":idawxadb said:
Happybelly":idawxadb said:
Richardson hasn't exactly impressed. Getting a first round pick for almost any RB is a pretty good deal. Richardson hasn't shown he's even close to elite so far.
its only been 2 games into the new season. He ran for almost 1000 yards and 11 TDs as a rookie. What else do they have?

He ran at 3.6 YPC. Richardson has talent and can improve, but I just haven't seen an elite back when I've watched him. It was a bigger mistake drafting him where they did in the first place, but getting a first rounder for him now isn't a bad move IMO.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Are there any players more overrated than Alabama RBs? Ingrahm, Richardson, Lacy - nice backs but not worth 1st round picks. Good move for Browns.

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
To be the fly on the wall, when his Position Coach, Head Coach, and GM were in discussion about this trade.

It's basically 3 days before the game, and the Colts still have to travel to California. I've given this trade some
thought, and I don't really know how affective or in-affective he will be in San Francisco. My 1st thoughts ...
he'll better prepared, and more affective the following week @ Jax'ville.

jblaze

Reaction score
This is insane.

My guess is Cleveland knows something we don't.

kearly

Reaction score
This is a genius move. Look at the QBs who will go top 5 next draft. Look at the Browns QB. They are The Producers green lighting Springtime for Hitler. I wouldn't doubt they looked at the talent on their roster and got worried that they'd be just talented enough to miss the cut like Holmgren did in 2012.

drrew

Reaction score
Not sure if he wrote about it, or it was just tweeted last week, but Peter King indicated that Cleveland was going to be scouting Manziel hard this past weekend.

My assumption is that they already like/know enough of Bridgewater, and now saw enough from Manziel, that they're positioning themselves for one of them. Gathering multiple first round picks in case they don't end up with the 1st or 2nd pick pick seems like an intelligent move.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kearly":1srtx4ku said:
This is a genius move. Look at the QBs who will go top 5 next draft. Look at the Browns QB. Springtime for Hitler.
You don't think the Browns' own pick will be in the top 5 and that they'll have to trade up?

CANHawk

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":38ufck35 said:
NinerBuff":38ufck35 said:
I wonder if he can suit up against us Sunday?

Why wouldn't he be able to?

Because it's already Wednesday. Unless Trent has a USB port in the base of his skull, I don't think he'll be able to learn the playbook in 3 days...

kearly

Reaction score
SeatownJay":36qco7f4 said:
kearly":36qco7f4 said:
This is a genius move. Look at the QBs who will go top 5 next draft. Look at the Browns QB. Springtime for Hitler.
You don't think the Browns' own pick will be in the top 5 and that they'll have to trade up?

They picked 3rd in 2012 and it wasn't good enough. They tried very hard to move up. Didn't happen.

drrew

Reaction score
HawksSoc":27mqb9gg said:
The team this most sucks for is the Jags and their fans lol.

I see the Jags, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay all battling it out for only two QBs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm sure nobody is happier than Richardson himself. The over-bearing Jim Brown didn't exactly welcome him to the team with open arms. Didn't treat him well at all and it seemed it was a matter of "you'll never be as good as I was, punk" sorta' thing. Brown needs to STFU, IMO.

Colts fans have to be experiencing deja vu. Good for them. Like what they're building.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Happybelly":3roti35u said:
-The Glove-":3roti35u said:
Happybelly":3roti35u said:

He ran at 3.6 YPC. Richardson has talent and can improve, but I just haven't seen an elite back when I've watched him. It was a bigger mistake drafting him where they did in the first place, but getting a first rounder for him now isn't a bad move IMO.

You're right.

After reading tweets from much smarter people than I, I understand this move. New regime in Cleveland with no ties to Richardson. They now have more ammo to get their QBOTF.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Weeden is out for awhile, probably out after this year, and the Browns are going to rebuild again.

I get what they are doing. Richardson was a Holmy pick, right? So was Weeden. This GM/coach combo are going to build this team their way. Can't look at past cost here. They want two first round picks so they can package up to get Bridgewater.

EDIT: Also, this might work out for the Jags. If the new Browns regime is really in love with Bridgewater and finishes with, say, the 3rd (theirs) and 15th (via Colts) picks, and the Jags finish with the 1st pick, you hold up CLE for their first rounders and then take that trade in what will be a fairly deep QB draft. The Jags need picks, lots of picks, and first-rounders are so insanely valuable because of the rookie cap. They aren't a couple players away like the Browns (and their good defense) are from turning the corner, and they need those picks. The Browns need a QB. This could work out well for everyone involved.

w00t

Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns just said "Hold up Jacksonville, we want that first pick."

"GET SLAUGHTERED FOR BRIDGEWATER" new motto for the browns