Tremendous opportunity

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team itself pee’d in the Cheerios when they lost the Rams game, and that started in Baltimore.

Since then nothing has changed the way it has stayed the same.

It’s hard to have confidence after watching the execrable crap they’ve shown us since then. They just are not playing up to their capabilities.

I could sadly envisage a losing record for the season unless something really changes.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has made a career out of proving people wrong! This is EXACTLY the type of situation in which he shines. If it doesn't happen then we have to ask that question. But until that day, I refuse not to believe because I know who Pete Carroll is! I'm NOT going to give up until that big fat lady sings!

Join me people! Time to get on it!!

LTH

Well he's proven what i've been believing for a long time now. That's for sure.

Just curious, but what exactly are you believing? That they could squeak into the playoffs? Sure, maybe. That they can advance in the playoffs? Hell no. That they can win the Super Bowl? Lolololol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And there you have it. Shooting down people not being 24/7 doom and gloom. Come on Pitt, let people have hope, nothing wrong with it. Even if you don't agree with it. We can all fan how we want, right? Even if the expectations have dropped recently.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I'm pretty doom and gloom myself, and I think with good reason due to how consistently uninspiring the team has been.

That being said.

I always want the hawks to win. I would love nothing more than for the team to go into Dallas and smear Dak all over the field and stun that stadium into silence.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score

Just curious, but what exactly are you believing? That they could squeak into the playoffs? Sure, maybe. That they can advance in the playoffs? Hell no. That they can win the Super Bowl? Lolololol.
I don't know what's going to happen. I don't really have any expectations other than i enjoy the journey of the season. I am a Seahawk fan and I love the Seahawks. How can you be a fan if you don't believe in your team? If you don't believe in your team you shouldn't watch them play. I mean where is the sense in that?

I'm NOT going to feel bad for supporting my team when most don't. I'm just not! I'm not going to let other people take away my joy with their negativity.

I watch football because it's my time to escape. You want to be negative and not feel the joy of the game? That's fine with me but you don't have the power to take away my joy. You just don't... I don't care what you think of me or my out look. It's not my problem it's your problem... I'm OK with that!

LTH

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Peeing in the Cheerios 'cause it ain't steak-n-eggs. Was it over when the vagiants went into the playoffs as a wildcard and took the Lombardi? No! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! No!
Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don't know what's going to happen. I don't really have any expectations other than i enjoy the journey of the season. I am a Seahawk fan and I love the Seahawks. How can you be a fan if you don't believe in your team? If you don't believe in your team you shouldn't watch them play. I mean where is the sense in that?

I'm NOT going to feel bad for supporting my team when most don't. I'm just not! I'm not going to let other people take away my joy with their negativity.

I watch football because it's my time to escape. You want to be negative and not feel the joy of the game? That's fine with me but you don't have the power to take away my joy. You just don't... I don't care what you think of me or my out look. It's not my problem it's your problem... I'm OK with that!

LTH

Easy there LTH. I'm not trying to steal your joy. You are obviously more invested in it then I am at this point. I watch and root for them out of pure entertainment at this point with very low expectations. Believe it or not, I find it to be more enjoyable that way rather than having lofty expectations and being disappointed and angry for days afterwards.

And remember, even if a team you like stinks, you still root for them even if you know they aren't any good. I rooted for this team when they were only winning 2 games a season and still root for them today. I didn't believe in those 2-14 teams though as I don't believe in the current team, but that's just me.

It's cool you think they can somehow turn it around. I just have no such reservations.

jammerhawk

Reaction score

My friend it is clear we disagree, and that you'd rather have the team lose to get rid of PC than to even make the playoffs. Being in the playoff is whole lot better than not being in the playoffs, though you disagree, and only want the team in the playoffs if it is somehow clear the team will advance past the wildcard round. There without a doubt I have serious opposition to your position. If you are in the playoffs there is always a puncher's chance of advancing despite the odds against the team doing so. Thereafter it's game to game and dependant upon momentum a surging team having confidence in playing together and sometimes pure luck.

You are sure of your position and would never vary from it, and I remember the many years of deflation in the desert with no playoff appearance of any kind. Give me the playoff appearances even if there is a fast exit. There are very many teams who'd be overjoyed with making it to the post season tournament.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Easy there LTH. I'm not trying to steal your joy. You are obviously more invested in it then I am at this point. I watch and root for them out of pure entertainment at this point with very low expectations. Believe it or not, I find it to be more enjoyable that way rather than having lofty expectations and being disappointed and angry for days afterwards.

And remember, even if a team you like stinks, you still root for them even if you know they aren't any good. I rooted for this team when they were only winning 2 games a season and still root for them today. I didn't believe in those 2-14 teams though as I don't believe in the current team, but that's just me.

It's cool you think they can somehow turn it around. I just have no such reservations.
2 wins a season? Only twice in their history.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score

Lol .....I didn't mean to come off harshly at all.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
My friend it is clear we disagree, and that you'd rather have the team lose to get rid of PC than to even make the playoffs. Being in the playoff is whole lot better than not being in the playoffs, though you disagree, and only want the team in the playoffs if it is somehow clear the team will advance past the wildcard round. There without a doubt I have serious opposition to your position. If you are in the playoffs there is always a puncher's chance of advancing despite the odds against the team doing so. Thereafter it's game to game and dependant upon momentum a surging team having confidence in playing together and sometimes pure luck.

You are sure of your position and would never vary from it, and I remember the many years of deflation in the desert with no playoff appearance of any kind. Give me the playoff appearances even if there is a fast exit. There are very many teams who'd be overjoyed with making it to the post season tournament.

Yes, we disagree on that position. If anything, the past 8 years has taught me that there is no punchers chance with Pete and Seattle at this point. I don't roll with the 'anything can happen once your in' analogy because it never happens with Seattle. Making the playoffs is cool and fun. Gives everybody one more game to watch. My biggest gripe is that fans have fallen into a trend of being content with just getting there and never doing anything once they are in. I want more and I don't see that ever happening again with Pete Carroll.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Disagree on the 2 win season.

If you loved defense, that 2 win season was great fun to watch. That was a great defense, wins or no.
(Even on offense, we even had Chris Warren and Jon L then, we just didn't have a QB.)

The problem now is that we really aren't good at anything. On paper, our secondary looks intimidating. Not sure why it isn't as impactful in games.
Thats about what we have to look forward to. Our LB corp is putrid and our DL is disappointing, even though we are getting sacks.

Meanwhile on offense, while our WR/TEs are fantastic (again on paper), it hardly matters if we cannot get the ball to them.

At least the 1992 team had a great defense to watch. We have a middling offense combined with a middling defense.

Latest posts