Trade up to the number 3 to get Anderson ????

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'd rather not.

Geno's contract is such that it makes the most sense to draft a QB at #5... and then use the rest of our picks to fill the Dline and interior Oline, plus LB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If it were a normal draft class that wasn't completely concentrated with quarterbacks at the top, I'd say it's a likely path they'd try to follow. They tried to do the same type of thing last year to secure a left tackle before the trade fell through with Cross falling to 9.

This year, it'd simply be too expensive.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd rather not.

Geno's contract is such that it makes the most sense to draft a QB at #5... and then use the rest of our picks to fill the Dline and interior Oline, plus LB.
It depends on the quarterback that remains. I don't know if they're going to want to blow that draft capital on the QB4 of the class rather than taking their chances later.

Most quarterbacks in the first round are relative failures.

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
No, I think you stand pat if you’re Seattle. Just read an article on ESPN basically saying that teams looking for a QB now have to trade with AZ to get their guy before Indy picks and the result of this could be Will Anderson falling to us. I just worry that Indy could swap picks with AZ and allow them to still get Anderson.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If you trade up, it's for a QB. There's a very real chance that the top four picks are QBs.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Too much to give up when there is a slight chance Anderson falls to you, and if he doesn't, still great defensive difference makers available at pick 5. We need the capital we would have to give up to address other defensive holes.

I agree with @nanomoz. The only position worth ceding significant draft capital is QB.

Last edited:

James in PA

Reaction score
There's a decent chance he's there at 5 anyway. I can see the Raiders getting "FOMO" and making Arizona an offer they can't refuse to trade up for a QB. If not, they could make US a great offer. We are in great shape at 5.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd do it at the right price; I think Anderson is a generational defensive player. If the Cards want to move down, I think they'll have better offers than what we could reasonably give them though, especially since other interested teams would probably be moving up for a QB.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I'd do it at the right price; I think Anderson is a generational defensive player. If the Cards want to move down, I think they'll have better offers than what we could reasonably give them though, especially since other interested teams would probably be moving up for a QB.
Cards will probably trade back for more draft capital before the draft they’re in disarray as an organization at many levels. I know they fired the GM and hired a new coach so they might want to get more picks quicker and trade with a quarterback needy team. Obviously Raiders fit that bill

Last edited:

Seattle Person

Reaction score
There is a good chance the QBs go #1-4. Especially if the Raiders trade up to #3. From then, I have to think the Seahawks run to the podium for Will Anderson. At #7, I think the Cardinals might be content with either Carter or Tyree Wilson.

I still think the Cardinals will be crazy for passing on Will Anderson.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
There is a good chance the QBs go #1-4. Especially if the Raiders trade up to #3. From then, I have to think the Seahawks run to the podium for Will Anderson. At #7, I think the Cardinals might be content with either Carter or Tyree Wilson.

I still think the Cardinals will be crazy for passing on Will Anderson.
I completely agree although many view Carter as a more impactful player than Anderson Jr